Thread: Paint
View Single Post
Old 03-02-10, 01:18
Addicted to Drab

Default Paint

Good day everyone,

Paint....so many threads have been dedicated to this one subject. For those of us fortunate enough to have access to suppliers it is a simple task to find what you want. For those "out in the sticks" it is not quite as easy.

For those of you coming to Acton in March, I have a request. Please bring along a sample of paint that was used during WW2 by the allies. I wish to get the color copied and the formula registered at a paint company. Which company you may ask, MacDonald and White of Windsor Ontario. The original suppliers of paint to Ford during WW2. I have already had them produce several shades and I am very pleased with the outcome. I would like all colors not just WW2. NATO colors, American, British, French and so on. If you bring an item for an example I will ensure you get the item back...don't bring in a whole truck hood....something small that I can easily be posted back if necessary. I am currently talking with MacDonald and White about them setting up an information or product booth at the militarymuster. I will let you know if they are receptive. In fact if they are you will be able to order paint to be picked up at the show. They charge with tax about $40 per gallon. An excellent price.

So there you have it. An opportunity to contribute to a paint database and an opportunity to have your paint needs met and picked up at the show. If in fact M&W do not wish to participate in the show...I will be able to handle the orders and bring the paint out myself. Either way it is a win-win for those who need paint.

Those with examples send me a PM and I will let you know if I already have a sample.

I will keep you all informed if MacDonald and White will be at the show.

cheers

Mike Timoshyk
Military Vehicle and Event Coordinator
Southern Ontario Military Muster 2010

www.militarymuster.org