View Single Post
Old 14-03-03, 13:10
Vets_Dottir

MARK:I said:..."There is also a wonderful group photo of the Royal Winnipeg Rifles taken in 1944...I'm ASSUMING it was taken before June 6,"

Good point tho...my assumption was based on the documentary being about June 6th and later, and part of the point of it was to honour the men who were murdered...therefore photos shown would probably be ones prior to the murders so that the mens `aliveness before' would be emphasized. Thats how I was thinking but I will try and find out the exact date somehow and let you know.

I also want to find out when the video was mad. I can't find a date for it on the case or the video itself.

I'm no expert and can't have a really `informed' opinion yet, but my objective impression is that Cliff Chadderton covered a lot in this hour long documentary and he's covered a lot of bases from different perspectives, including a lot facts with backup info to support them, and doubts, also with backup info to support them. It feels and presents as simple honest facts, its definately very personalized/humanized...and it hurts big time.

and on that note...I need to get back to sleep...got up for a minute and just had to check mail...your post came just then...so here's a reply already! Mark...I'm surprised you don't have the book and the video???: