View Single Post
Old 25-04-04, 16:40
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Ooops

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveCox
Sorry Geoff.
I seem to have touched a nerve with my last post, and never considered Yammy's big one-lunger as an evolution of BSAs unit construction Goldie.
Getting onto Goldies brings back memories of my friend's racing DBD34s, and from there to the time I ran my Norton on public roads with an oversized Amal and open megga exhaust.
Also a Trifield - Triumph 350 twin in a Royal Enfield Crusader chassis.......

The things we did in our mispent youth...... deliberately riding close to mods on their scooters and then cracking the throttle so that we could see if they would fall off.....

Again - appologies if I falsely accused you of being overfond of rice-burners.
Dave,

No apologies necessary! Here, have one of these and one of these on me. I have no love for rice rockets either... as a matter of fact, if someone were to give one to me, I'd only ride it as far as it took to ensure it actually worked, then sell it! Then I'd probably buy an older Ducati 750SS, or perhaps a 1973 BMW 750 (the flame orange one), after, of course, I found my Husky. Oh yeah, I'd also be in the market for a mid-seventies Montesa 250 Trials bike... and of course always on the lookout for restored WW2 bikes. Geez, the list goes on...