View Single Post
Old 19-07-09, 05:41
Lionel G. Evans

Default Maple Leaf or not Maple Leaf

Hello MLU,

I just got back from spending a day with my truck and getting it ready for its ride home. I have now wired down the loose boards in the timber bed. I put a rubber strap and with a plastic coated hook to each front mudguard and connected this to a wire running over the hood which was within plastic tubing. I also used nylon ropes to provide some extra security to make sure the hood does not spring open during the 400 kilometre trip home. I just found what is supposed to be a proper 1940 Maple Leaf which was modified for desert duty for a lot cheaper than what I paid for my truck.

Would anyone out there have a decent original 1940 Chevrolet hood ornament? I am watching one on eBay and know two places in America which sell new reproductions. I would prefer to get an original hood ornament if one is available.

I will be checking out the "Maple Leaf" either sometime next week or in the second week of August.

Thanks for all the replies about my question about the Maple Leaf - I really appreciate it.

Kind Regards
Lionel