View Single Post
Old 24-04-09, 14:00

The BSA pedals are basically nothing more than a rod with two washers at both ends which can slide in and out the cranks. The ball thinghy in combination with two groves in the rod ensure there are bascially just two positions of the rods......(think what would happen if one of them would slide sideways into the frame while you are cycling at speed).
My friends basically gave me a kit to make two repro pedals; two rods turned on a lathe and the four washers for the ends. I started welding the big washers to the ends and welding two smaller washers in the centre, resembling the look of original paddles. Than they were assembled with the cranks and chainwheel. After a coat of paint, I welded the other two smaller washers at the other end of the rods. So, the pedals were now part of the cranks. Than I realised I painted the rods as well, but they should have been kept blank steel as with the original! so, here we go again .

Anyway, it was easy just to remove the paint and given the other parts another coat afterwards.
Oh. I paint all parts with a zincprimer, than satin black paint to replicate the black primer used on original BSA bikes and than the green.

The last pictures shows where I am now.....time for a beer in the sun and another walk around the Chev C8.

Alex

Next up......Fork, steering wheel and brakes!
Attached Thumbnails
BSA-Foldz2.jpg   BSA-Foldz3.jpg