View Single Post
Old 06-03-09, 03:32
David Gordon

Hey Clive,

Weird timing you mentioning Dr. Reynolds as I just got off the phone with the museum and then got back on the computer to check messages and saw your updated post. He apparently is still over there but should be back in about a month they said. The book is supposed to be completed but not yet in print from what I was told. Not sure if it will fill in more of the specifics or not since it covers the time period from formation until recent years. Likely a carrier is a carrier but you never know.

I'd been planning to call since Thursday night is their drill night and the museum is open 7-10pm. Had hoped to catch a history buff or a WWII veteran working the desk.

Guess I'll flip over to your site now and order the book Mike recommended as it may fill in another puzzle piece or answer the next unformed question that pops into my head Still wondering if D-Coy went to Normandy with the T-16s or if they got them later in the campaign. I know they pulled off the line for a week at the beginning of August '44 for rest and vehicle maintenance so its possible they received some new vehicles then if they didn't already have them.
'42 BSA M20 Motorcycle
'43 BSA Folding Military Bicycle
'43 BSA M20 Motorcycle
'44 Orme-Evans Airborne Trailer No. 1 Mk. II
'44 Airborne 100-Gallon Water Bowser Trailer
'44 Ford T-16 Universal Carrier
'44 Jowett Cars 4.2-Inch Towed Mortar
'44 Daimler Scout Car Mark II
'45 Studebaker M29C Weasel