View Single Post
Old 30-09-08, 23:33

Default Gregg's Books-an education for you

There were six books printed.

The first was done by Dennis Cardy and was almost a direct copy from an original manual borrowed from Peter Marshall. Dennis Cardy published it at a printers in Owen Sound. Bill G owned 1/2 the Quad operation at the time.
Subsequently Dennis went out west and the printer was never paid. This is volume one of the series.

The second volume was also labelled volume one and was also a manual copy with upgraded photos. New printer, Hayward Designs. Don Hayward. Still alive but not approachable.Small shop on Speers Rd. in Oakville. Long out of business. It was labelled Vol. 1 second edition.

Third Volume. CMV Profile Series. Designed and produced by Ms. McCurdy who worked for Hayward. This is the leatherette version. No leather covered version was done. At first a tough sell because of the price but after a while it took off.

Fourth Volume. Blueprint for Victory. Another feat by Ms. McCurdy.

Fifth volume. A spiral bound repackage of the leatherette covered one.

Sixth volume. (Didn't know about this one??) A hard cover version of Profiles sent to Libraries only with copies of the other tiles at a Library price.

How do I know?? I have them all. And knew a printer at Haywards. (No he didn't slip me any on the side. But I did get some preliminary profiles.)

Want more?

Peter Simundson