View Single Post
Old 26-08-08, 18:18
T-16, C15A

Default Repro 15cwt GS box cover

Gents,

I am planning on having a copy made of the GS box canvas cover made for my C15a. I have located a fellow who is nice enough to allow me to copy an NOS tarp during the long northern winter to accomplish this.

I have had very good results working with a local canvas supplier. The canvas mudflaps were exact duplicates and even smelled like the WW2 era parts. The colour, weight, and preservation of the material was spot on.

Initial estimates look to be in the ballpark of $500 each - possibly a bit less. I expect to make nothing from this reproduction effort, so shipping from Beachville to where you are would be extra also.

I have had interest expressed by 2 local CMPers, and wonder if anyone else with a GS box would like a canvas cover for it?

Please get back to me in the next while with your interest. I suspect that the canvas supplier will only want to do this once, so speak now, or you might miss the boat.

Give me a jingle at loys[at]gdls.com, or a PM.

Best regards,

Stewart

PS - I am going to have to make myself some bows also, so if you need them for your truck please advise. I have no idea what they will be worth to manufacture, but the tarp looks funny without them - more like a pile of canvas that a box cover.