View Single Post
Old 20-08-08, 07:16

Default The Gary Moonie Ford Pilot Model sold

The pilot model of the Ford 15 Cwt that was saved by Gary Moonie many years ago has been sold to Don Gordon of Victoria, BC, Canada for restoration. Included was the
2A1 box that Colin Stevens brought out from Saskatchewan.

Don has a good reputation restoring DND / CMP vehicles. At the MVPA COnvention in Portland, Oregon in August, he won a price for his restored C8A Cab 12 DND truck. He has also restored a C15A Cab 13 CMP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletrac View Post
I've been trying to figure out what all would have been carried in an AAAT truck. From what I can see they had a crew of four. They had a Boyes
>>>>>>>>>>> BOYS
in a wooden crate across the front of the box and the Motley mount with one Bren on early models and two or three Brens on later versions.
These excerpts from training manuals show how much ammo was carried. I can't find anything on how much Bren ammo they carried on the early trucks that didn't have the 100 round drum mags. They'd also have two bandoleers with 50 rounds each for the Enfields in the cab mounts. Add to that the cleaning kits and accessories for the guns and there's getting to be a bit of a clutter.

Colin MacGregor Stevens, CD
Richmond, BC