MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Found: carrier project (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24598)

Paul Dutton 08-10-15 15:52

carrier project

Looking for a carrier project. Ideal complete BUT needing work, fabrication, mechanicals, armour etc. Anything out there? Any pointers please??
I'm uk based but help with overseas projects and shipping greatly appreciated.
Been trying for the one advertised on here but the seller won't get back to me after every attempt! Very unusual.
Thanks
Paul

RichardT10829 08-10-15 21:04

What's your budget Paul ?

Paul Dutton 08-10-15 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardT10829 (Post 215008)
What's your budget Paul ?

Sub £10,000, that's why looking for project.
I'm mechanical/engineering trained and currently own my own hydraulics company so the fabrication and mechanical are not a problem.
Cheers
Paul

Michael R. 08-10-15 22:38

You certainly are a positive thinker Paul. Best wishes. :drunk:
How many carriers is this now you have asked for details and images of these past few years? Perserverance pays off, however:

I should think you would have upped your game by now. Under £10k complete in the UK? I am not surprised you are still looking. With "all in costs" of shipping ex works, export/import permits, cultural goods exemption, controlled goods exemption cover letter, document fees, port fees, vintage vehicle tax and final destination trucking to your yard in the UK from Canada, would you already have spent close to 1/3 or more of your budget on shipping? I believe so. Only the cash outlay, without consideration for the hours on arrangments.

To say nothing of including costs of a inspection trip.

RE: "
Looking for a carrier project. Ideal complete BUT needing work, fabrication, mechanicals, armour etc. Anything out there? Any pointers please??"

Paul Dutton 09-10-15 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael R. (Post 215014)
You certainly are a positive thinker Paul. Best wishes. :drunk:
How many carriers is this now you have asked for details and images of these past few years? Perserverance pays off, however:

I should think you would have upped your game by now. Under £10k complete in the UK? I am not surprised you are still looking. With "all in costs" of shipping ex works, export/import permits, cultural goods exemption, controlled goods exemption cover letter, document fees, port fees, vintage vehicle tax and final destination trucking to your yard in the UK from Canada, would you already have spent close to 1/3 or more of your budget on shipping? I believe so. Only the cash outlay, without consideration for the hours on arrangments.

To say nothing of including costs of a inspection trip.

RE: "
Looking for a carrier project. Ideal complete BUT needing work, fabrication, mechanicals, armour etc. Anything out there? Any pointers please??"

Thanks Michael (i think!!)
Always been on lookout for a carrier, changed my direction a bit and bought an Airborne Jeep last year but now in a good position to fulfilling my dream.
They are out there,I've seen them. Chasing a couple abroad at moment, putting all my feelers out now to bag my next project. Know two local-ish that are possibly up for grabs soon but if something comes up sooner, I will jump on it!!

RichardT10829 09-10-15 12:08

Add a minimum of £3000 GBP to your purchase price to get any carrier home from the vicinity of Toronto Canada Paul.

Anything further afield over there then the price could potentially double.

So that puts you over 13K

I know of a British carrier that might be for sale in the UK for not much more... But will let the owner of that carrier shout up (if it's still for sale)

Paul Dutton 09-10-15 15:25

Thanks Richard, any pointers greatly appreciated. Trying to move fast before the wife changes her mind!!
Paul

Alex van de Wetering 09-10-15 23:51

Paul,

Not exactly complete....and also slightly over-budget, but there is a carrier for sale at Keizer, here in Holland.

http://www.keizer.nl/Aanbod/Detail/b...r-mk1-for-sale

I am pretty sure it came from LWDparts previously and was advertised by it's former Canadian owner here on MLU in the for sale auction as well......might help getting the price down a bit (?)

Alex

Paul Dutton 10-10-15 04:26

Thanks Alex, something to consider.
Appreciated my friend

Paul

Ben 10-10-15 09:52

Paul

I have a UK based project may fit your description. PM if you're serious and not just track kicking.

Ben

Paul Dutton 11-10-15 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben (Post 215105)
Paul

I have a UK based project may fit your description. PM if you're serious and not just track kicking.

Ben

PM'd you Ben

lssah2025 16-01-16 18:36

I see you found your project finally, sometimes it is good to wait... :thup2:

RichardT10829 18-01-16 17:24

Any pics Paul ?

Paul Dutton 03-02-16 14:58

Yep, found TWO projects, both well in my budget inc shipping.
Some people called me a track kicker others said I was wasting their time!! Nice!😈
I got two for £13,000 Inc shipping, that's sub £10,000 each which I was looking for.
I'm glad I took my time, waited and asked questions that seemed trivial to some, but helped me in the long run, which it is all about! :drunk:
Thank you to those that didn't bother getting back, you saved me money! :no4:

I would like to say thank you for the help and encouragement from most, even if you didn't believe I would find any!😀
Just a note to others looking, don't give up, persevere, ask lots of questions and don't take no or be ridiculed by those in the "supposed" know! There are more people out there that can and will help. (Mini rant!!😘)
Pics posted when they land, waiting for shipping.
There will be parts available for sale, Inc some NOS, as I'm getting the container filled to the rafters!! (Hopefully!!😀)
Also on look out for bits and bobs,post wants when sorted pallets out.

Michael R. 03-02-16 15:11

Also on look out for bits and bobs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Dutton (Post 220198)
Yep, found TWO projects, both well in my budget inc shipping.
Some people called me a track kicker others said I was wasting their time!! Nice!😈
I got two for £13,000 Inc shipping, that's sub £10,000 each which I was looking for.
I'm glad I took my time, waited and asked questions that seemed trivial to some, but helped me in the long run, which it is all about! :drunk:
Thank you to those that didn't bother getting back, you saved me money! :no4:

I would like to say thank you for the help and encouragement from most, even if you didn't believe I would find any!😀
Just a note to others looking, don't give up, persevere, ask lots of questions and don't take no or be ridiculed by those in the "supposed" know! There are more people out there that can and will help. (Mini rant!!😘)
Pics posted when they land, waiting for shipping.
There will be parts available for sale, Inc some NOS, as I'm getting the container filled to the rafters!! (Hopefully!!😀)
Also on look out for bits and bobs, post wants when sorted pallets out.

:cheers: :sheep: :eek: :yappy: :yappy:
(beyond words)

RichardT10829 03-02-16 17:11

Mark Pearsons carriers fit that description ��

Paul Dutton 03-02-16 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael R. (Post 220199)
:cheers: :sheep: :eek: :yappy: :yappy:
(beyond words)

Hope you agree mate, just a mini rant after being called a time waster (exact words used!!), by some. Winds me up when I've got the cash waiting and people are offended because I wouldn't snap up their "bargain!!"😵

Paul Dutton 03-02-16 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardT10829 (Post 220202)
Mark Pearsons carriers fit that description ��

Mark who?? 😈

Michael R. 03-02-16 18:04

Was it the British mortar carrier you are to receive? If it is, that will be interesting. IIRC it had the original bomb racks?

Paul Dutton 03-02-16 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael R. (Post 220208)
Was it the British mortar carrier you are to receive? If it is, that will be interesting. IIRC it had the original bomb racks?

I won't know all the parts until they arrive mate, going to be fun sorting it all out for two carriers. :thup2:

RichardT10829 03-02-16 22:15

Pearsons carrier was a cracking example, I was surprised it didn't get snapped up sooner... Had I had the 10k I would have got it myself.

You will be one of only two people in the UK with a genuine British carrier..... Do it justice my friend. :)

Paul Dutton 03-02-16 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardT10829 (Post 220218)
Pearsons carrier was a cracking example, I was surprised it didn't get snapped up sooner... Had I had the 10k I would have got it myself.

You will be one of only two people in the UK with a genuine British carrier..... Do it justice my friend. :)

Hmmmm, so Hot Rodding it is a no no then I guess??😵🔫.
Which one mate, I've got two!
One will be for sale when I've sorted it all out plus many spares too.
Watch this space.

kevin powles 06-02-16 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Dutton (Post 220222)
Hmmmm, so Hot Rodding it is a no no then I guess??����.
Which one mate, I've got two!
One will be for sale when I've sorted it all out plus many spares too.
Watch this space.

Welcome to the forum Paul, Glad i could advise you, best of luck with the restoration, you know where I am.

Kevin.

jeff davis 06-02-16 18:08

Good work

Great find there are decent deals all over you just have to wait and look.
I was offered a non running motorcycle for 17000 that was supposed to be a bargain and later found same bike for half price Running and driving.
Regards
Jeff

RichardT10829 06-02-16 20:47

How much do you think it will cost to bring it back Paul ? You must have a figure in mind buddy ?

Mark Pearson 24-02-16 14:52

Yes Peoples,

I have sold Paul 2 of my carriers and a 3rd to another gentlemen, so 3 coming back to the UK. I look forward to the pictures of the restoration Paul !.

Would love to have done one myself but need the space, time and money for another project.

Mark........

Paul Dutton 03-06-16 22:01

Bit of an update
carriers land tomorrow, Saturday 4th June.
It's been a LONG journey for them and me!!
Had few hickups and crossed wires from shipping company,not helping they got delivered to opposite side of the country a week ago and only just notified me!!
NOT IMPRESSED!!
Can't wait to see what I've got there!!

Michael R. 04-06-16 02:29

Cheer up, things could be worse!

...got delivered to the other side of the country . . .
How far is that Paul?

At the extreme distance you could be looking at close to 5,700 miles if it were Canada. :doh:

Paul Dutton 04-06-16 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael R. (Post 225408)
...got delivered to the other side of the country . . .
How far is that Paul?

At the extreme distance you could be looking at close to 5,700 miles if it were Canada. :doh:

Haha, in your terms a short walk away then as I'm in UK! Should have been delivered to Liverpool on June 1st, I get an email (which I didn't pick up until end of day after work), telling me they landed in Southampton on May 27th!! Then told they would deliver up here in two days but need to pay all costs first. Told the shipping agent it's too short notice as I need to organize offloading and the storage is closed Friday's and Saturdays!! They got bit irate saying anytime after Saturday 4th I will have to pay storage, which isn't my fault as dropped in wrong port. Let's just say both sides got very irate!😂
In the end I got storage to open Saturday, transport said they will take direct there and offload (only when I pointed out it was closer than Liverpool, where they were originally going to take it to, then charge me transport front there to my storage!!!), and got few bodies to help offload!
I'm just glad they here now, been a long difficult ride!

kevin powles 05-06-16 08:56

Paul, Glad you got it all ok, worry over, will be very interested in how the restoration develops, if you need any help just ask.

Kevin