MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Forum get-together (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12044)

Keith Webb 23-11-08 07:55

Forum get-together

I know a lot of us meet fleetingly when we're at Corowa (we even sometimes see a Canuck or Pom there) and because of my work I get to catch up with people like Salesman Bob recently in Adelaide, Max, Jan, Tony, Ian and others in New South Wales, and even Jif, Brian, Stu and others in Canada... but to a lot of us our online friends are just names on a screen.

How do people feel about the idea of people in various locations (those close to each other) getting together for a meal sometime before Christmas?

Anybody in the Melbourne area interested, for example?

matilda IIA 23-11-08 10:15

If any one is near Oberon , drop in for a BBQ !

Kind Regards
Matt :drunk:

Keith Webb 23-11-08 10:43

Oberon

Quote:

Originally Posted by matilda IIA (Post 105960)

Kind Regards
Matt :drunk:

Bloody good idea - wish I were closer. Did you get any snow this weekend?

Are you planning to do more work to get Nicole's Matilda going?

Keith

Bob McNeill 23-11-08 10:54

Matt
Maybe xmas in Feb at the Oberon Show, after this w/end the snow might still be hangin around. The HIGHLANDS STEAM & VINTAGE FAIR 21-22 Feb 2009.

matilda IIA 23-11-08 11:40

Hi Keith

lots of snow about last night, had almost 100 mm. I should of helped Nichole today but was pre booked on another engine pack with pump trouble. I May get to Nichole's tank this week. She told me they had it running but still had trouble....The Joys of 60 year old fuel pumps.........

Best regards
Matt

matilda IIA 23-11-08 11:44

Hi Bob

The fair looks like it will be a good turn out this year, but with the new RTA restrictions on tracked vehicles on roads Im not sure how I will get into town...Something to think about.

kind regards
Matt

Euan McDonald 23-11-08 21:39

Bbq

Hey Keith,
Happy to fire up the FGT BBQ if you, john, warren & any others around melb want to get together. :cheers:

Keith Webb 23-11-08 21:46

Bbq

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euan McDonald (Post 105974)
Hey Keith,
Happy to fire up the FGT BBQ if you, john, warren & any others around melb want to get together. :cheers:

Sounds good... all we need to do is set a date, and wait for some more responses.

sapper740 24-11-08 03:04

Great idea Keith. Texans, you up for it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Webb (Post 105954)
I know a lot of us meet fleetingly when we're at Corowa (we even sometimes see a Canuck or Pom there) and because of my work I get to catch up with people like Salesman Bob recently in Adelaide, Max, Jan, Tony, Ian and others in New South Wales, and even Jif, Brian, Stu and others in Canada... but to a lot of us our online friends are just names on a screen.

How do people feel about the idea of people in various locations (those close to each other) getting together for a meal sometime before Christmas?

Anybody in the Melbourne area interested, for example?

How about it Dave (Austin, Tx.), Dave (Plano, Tx.), and Dave (Harker Heights, Tx.)? The members of the 18th Field Engineer Coy, R.C.E. and the 5th GebirgsJagers are planning a joint mess dinner at the Shady Oak bbq in Fort Worth 2nd weekend in December. You guys want to join us? Derek.

P.S., I'll make sure to invite Dave (Weatherford, Tx.) also.

Max Hedges 29-11-08 21:40

Bbq

Quote:

Originally Posted by matilda IIA (Post 105960)

Matt we might take you up on that offer, I'll have a yarn with a few others from around here to see if we can organise and just wondering would Saturday the 20th suit you, if it doesn't suit sometime in the new year would be good.

Max

matilda IIA 01-12-08 09:31

BBQ at the farm

Hi Max

The 20th would be fine, You are all most welcome.
My number is 63 361 359

Best Regards
Matt

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Hedges (Post 106217)
Matt we might take you up on that offer, I'll have a yarn with a few others from around here to see if we can organise and just wondering would Saturday the 20th suit you, if it doesn't suit sometime in the new year would be good.

Max

Howard 02-12-08 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Webb (Post 105975)
Sounds good... all we need to do is set a date, and wait for some more responses.

I was just talking to Ewan, and I will be down in southern Vic in January. I know it is after christmas, but how does the 25th-ish of January sound?
HH :cheers:

Keith Webb 02-12-08 16:53

Jan 25th

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard (Post 106332)
I was just talking to Ewan, and I will be down in southern Vic in January. I know it is after christmas, but how does the 25th-ish of January sound?
HH :cheers:

Maybe we could hold it on Australia Day.

Max Hedges 27-12-08 09:31

Four of us from Yass made it to Matts place for the BBQ .
We left Yass at 9am and I drove our truck to Taralga which is about half way to Oberon, to pick up our carrier as it was used at the Taralga vintage farm machinery show, entering the tractor pull. So leaving the truck we continued on in Robert Farmers range rover arriving at matts at about 1pm. Then had a good look around his sheds and having a late lunch in the garden with the native birds meetings matts family. After lunch matt started up the matilda smoking everyone out of the shed, until the engine warmed up then we all went for a short drive. We had a late afternoon tea before leaving picking up the truck on the way home having another yarn and arriving home around 11pm. thanks for that Matt, looking forward to doing that again.

Max

Robert Farmer 27-12-08 09:48

One Smokin Matilda!

1 Attachment(s)
Max loves those fumes