MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2021 First MV Drive Of The New Year (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31849)

Phil Waterman 31-12-20 01:50

2021 First MV Drive Of The New Year

HI All

For the last few years I have issued a challenge of who would be the first to drive there CMP (MVs) in the New Year. While it is fun to see who on each continent is first, it is more about starting the year right. I hope to take at least my HUP out for a drive on New Years day.

Cheers and best wishes for a better year, Phil

Bob Carriere 31-12-20 16:58

Planning to take the .....

The C15a will be out aroound noon..... not much snow this year....Photo to follow.

Phil Waterman 01-01-21 20:11

First Drive of the New Year 2021

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All

Well it is New Years Day 2021, we have almost no snow on the ground, but have snow forecast for over the weekend.

Took my HUP out for a drive this morning, even after sitting in the cold for a week it started right up. This video is not one of my best because the GoPro was to high up on my head, but you get the idea.
Attachment 118732

Here is the Youtube link https://youtu.be/84ZooPnEIlk

Cheers Happy New Years Phil

Peter Duggan 01-01-21 21:03

1 Attachment(s)
Guys,

Wishing all a Healthy and Happy New Year, Peter, Bella and Grace

Attachment 118743

Hanno Spoelstra 01-01-21 21:48

Happy new year, guys!

Great to see the CMPs out & about, mine will have to wait till later.

Jordan Baker 01-01-21 21:53

1 Attachment(s)
I’ll have to settle for my Boxing Day drive. With the threat of freezing rain all day I didn’t feel like taking it out for a “spin”. As I type it’s now starting with pellets coming down.

Grant Bowker 02-01-21 01:00

2 Attachment(s)
Bob Carriere was out for a drive today. I wouldn't let him take selfies while driving so he didn't take photos of himself grinning as he drove.

Bob Carriere 02-01-21 02:50

New Year 2021 drive......

1 Attachment(s)
It was a short one.........very little snow so no challenge.

Always amazed how they start after months sitting in a cold sea can. .....and the brakes still working. But flooded the engine when I restarted to store it. Just will not start no matter how much gas you pump when the ignition key is turned the wrong way.....Duh!!!

The two old boys ( the trucks ...not me and Grant) kept their Covid distance in the field.

PS..... it's a 42 Maple Leaf with the big bearings front axle.

second PS...... who has noticed the BooBoo on the second picture posted by Grant??????? and it's the second time I have done it.

Tony Smith 02-01-21 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Carriere (Post 275285)

second PS...... who has noticed the BooBoo on the second picture posted by Grant??????? and it's the second time I have done it.

Is this a quiz?

I can see things 7 wrong in that pic, and at least one of them must be the one you're thinking of.

1. Didn't refit your LH mirror after demonstrating your mod to the captive nuts in the other thread, causing you to rely on the only mirror on the right, nearly running over Grant.
2. Have left the Choke on too long.
3. Fitted the LH Front tire with the chevrons wrong way round.
4. Not wearing ear muffs, so your ears will freeze and drop off at anything over 10Mph.
5. Misspelt "Express".
6. Left the toolbox unlocked, and
7. Didn't refit the gas tank cap.

Bob, it's OK to misspell "Express", even twice.

Jordan Baker 02-01-21 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Smith (Post 275292)
Bob, it's OK to misspell "Express", even twice.

It’s that bit of French Canadian in him, we are all used to it by now. :thup:

Alex van de Wetering 03-01-21 15:51

Awesome........4 vehicles on the road.....all of which were restored here on the forum.

Well done Guys....and well done Phil for organizing this every year!

Harry Moon 03-01-21 19:05

Still waiting

Nothing but wind and rain and as I store outside under tarps I really need a reasonable forecast to dry them out after. Stay tuned the weather will change eventually.

hrpearce 03-01-21 21:32

Electrical problems stopped me. I have ordered the tools to fix them as the ones I had disappeared when the shed burnt down.
Have to try again next year.
Happy motoring for another year MLU.

Harry Moon 03-01-21 23:01

anytime

No limit set on exactly when your New Years drive of the year happens?

Phil Waterman 04-01-21 13:36

First drive of the year is first drive no matter when

Hi Guys

Couple years ago my first drive of the year was well after New Year's day. So go for whenever you and the truck agree.

Cheers Phil