MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Post-war Military Vehicles (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   CFR Request Thread (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14402)

Craig S. 22-04-10 21:39

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

The Vin for the Iltis is BI01-02-85-86536 for a CFR of 86536. The Serial for the trailer is 0289
matthewq4b -

Here's your equipment info. Lucked out and found the trailer CFR in only 10 minutes. Cheers,

Craig

matthewq4b 23-04-10 11:39

Thanks once again Craig much appreciated.

Matthew

maple_leaf_eh 24-04-10 03:34

Salh
 
Even though the support base was CFB Suffield, the holding unit was the South ALberta Light Horse (UIC 5013). I think they have/had a sqn in Medicine Hat and HQ in Edmonton. You have a Militia Recce ILTIS.

nm190 28-04-10 10:18

Identification
 
1 Attachment(s)
This is the number off my pinkslip: CKL2461154766, first registration in Norway was 13. sept. 1996.

In addition i have some numbers from parts that came with the truck.

CFR/SER. number: 7626749
(it's kinda hard to make out, see for yourself)

Craig S. 28-04-10 14:43

nm190 -

Just copied what info there is on your 5/4. The numbers (28542/CKL2461154766) match and the info states it was located in Norway. Says it was disposed of in May 1997. I'll edit the info and post it tonight or tomorrow for you. How much trouble is it to get parts to maintain the truck? Did you get any of the manuals or many parts with it? Cheers,

Craig

Craig S. 29-04-10 21:00

2 Attachment(s)
nm190 -

Here is the information on your truck. Cheers,

Craig

Brad Mills 29-04-10 21:08

Craig,

How far back can you trace a CFR number? Can you find the following:

54-82540 ?

Its a Ferret Scout car which would have been disposed of sometime in the early 80's...

Cheers

Craig S. 29-04-10 21:55

BMills -

There is a record - or there was last year when I copied the lot of them. The only pertinent info I have now is it spent time in Valcartier, UIC 0106. I'll look in the morning to see if more info remains in the database. Cheers,

Craig

Brad Mills 30-04-10 14:18

Thanks Craig,

Looking forward to any info that may be left.

Cheers

Craig S. 30-04-10 14:26

BMills -

The info is copied and I will edit it this evening. I'll post it on Saturday. Cheers,

Craig

nm190 30-04-10 19:12

Gratitude
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig S. (Post 129792)
nm190 -

Just copied what info there is on your 5/4. The numbers (28542/CKL2461154766) match and the info states it was located in Norway. Says it was disposed of in May 1997. I'll edit the info and post it tonight or tomorrow for you. How much trouble is it to get parts to maintain the truck? Did you get any of the manuals or many parts with it? Cheers,

Craig

Amazing man, just amazing.
Thank you so much for all the help! :thup2: :thup:

It's quite easy to get parts over here, the amcar-society in Norway is fairly big, we've had american collectors looking to scandinavia for cars they can't find in the US.
No manuals came with the truck (so if there are original army manuals in circulation, i'm interested!), what i did get was a heater and a cab for the truckbed, and soon the benches so...
Oh, and one original plate-rim with tyre.

charlie fitton 30-04-10 19:51

what about TRW motorcycles?
 
If I gave someone a frame number , can a history be chased?

f

rob love 01-05-10 01:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by nm190 (Post 129777)
This is the number off my pinkslip: CKL2461154766, first registration in Norway was 13. sept. 1996.

In addition i have some numbers from parts that came with the truck.

CFR/SER. number: 7626749
(it's kinda hard to make out, see for yourself)

The photo you show is of a condition and identity tag for a 24 volt alternator. The CFR in the tag could be for the truck that the alternator was either cannibalized from or possibly removed from and later repaired. It could also be the CFR of a truck the alt was ordered for.
Whichever way you look at it, that number is meaningless for your truck.
In another thread you showed the CFR spray painted onto the hood of your truck. That kind of thing was somewhat common, especially for trucks constantly on ex with the license plates covered over or removed for camouflage.

Edited to correct the info on the alternator: It is for the standard GM 12V 61 amp commercial alternator, and not for the 24V alt as I suggested in the above. Sorry.

nm190 01-05-10 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob love (Post 129901)
The photo you show is of a condition and identity tag for a 24 volt alternator. The CFR in the tag could be for the truck that the alternator was either cannibalized from or possibly removed from and later repaired. It could also be the CFR of a truck the alt was ordered for.
Whichever way you look at it, that number is meaningless for your truck.
In another thread you showed the CFR spray painted onto the hood of your truck. That kind of thing was somewhat common, especially for trucks constantly on ex with the license plates covered over or removed for camouflage.

I see now, thanks. :)

mcafee 01-05-10 21:50

Info for 67 M38A1
 
Well, Dad and my brother enjoyed working my my 67 A1 with me, so this morning we went and bought another. CFR 67-08498 and serial number 97765. Delivered March 68. My other A1 is CFR 67-08479.

Any info? Thanks,
Tom

Craig S. 02-05-10 01:01

1 Attachment(s)
BMills -

Well this is what info exists on that particular Ferret. Cheers,

Craig

Craig S. 02-05-10 01:19

charlie fitton -
Quote:

what about TRW motorcycles? .....history be chased?
There are only a handful of the Triumph 1956 and 1957 model years listed from what I can see. If you provide the full frame number I will check Monday.

Quote:

It is for the standard GM 12V 61 amp commercial alternator
Out of pure curiosity I checked the CFR yesterday and the alternator was removed from a 1977 3/4 ton Cheverolet crewcab.......

Quote:

CFR 67-08498 and serial number 97765. Delivered March 68. My other A1 is CFR 67-08479.
mcafee -

I will get to your request's right after Charlie's Triumph check unless someone else can beforehand.

Cheers all,

Craig

maple_leaf_eh 02-05-10 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by nm190 (Post 129777)
This is the number off my pinkslip: CKL2461154766, first registration in Norway was 13. sept. 1996.

In addition i have some numbers from parts that came with the truck.

CFR/SER. number: 7626749
(it's kinda hard to make out, see for yourself)

Those 'rainbow' condition tags are a good document if you need to figure out what something is called. The UIC is a 4-digit code for a particular unit. The NATO Stock Number is self-explanitory. A parts list is your next acquisition.

Capt B 08-05-10 01:43

Iltis CFR info request
 
Hello to everyone,

I would like to know if somebody may help me find the history behind my new acquisition. I just bought a Bombardier Iltis.
The serial number is BI01118486116.

Thanks

Capt B

Gerry Dyck 10-05-10 03:51

History of CFR 71-09008
 
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone can possibly dig up any history of the RCL Rifle Jeep I picked up and am going to spend much time restoring making one out of two.The tub and frame is serial # 100190,CFR # 71-09008 and there is white paint under green paint.Any information would be very much appreciated,thanks.Gerry.

oldlithgow 10-05-10 06:23

M38a1 cfr 67-07894
 
Can you give me any information for my M38A1
Ser#96941 CFR 67-07894.
Any help would be appreciated.

Craig Harris
Cold Lake

maple_leaf_eh 19-05-10 03:49

M38A1CDN2 - CFR wanted
 
From the data plate:
7105 97235
inspected and delivered Nov 67
Kaiser Jeep Corporation

What is the CFR?

Bought locally in Ottawa as a parts vehicle for the nearly running 70-08876. I don't need much off it, but the price and helpfulness of the seller could not be refused. Available for parts and/or sale as is (with ownership).

A majority of the vehicles on the property are registered, running and on their wheels. Yup, we be rednecks! :)

rob love 19-05-10 05:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh (Post 130714)
From the data plate:
7105 97235
inspected and delivered Nov 67
Kaiser Jeep Corporation

What is the CFR?

If you go to live's ramtank.ca it gives a list of all serial numbers to CFR from the database. Your CFR number is 07764.

http://www.ramtank.ca/m38a1list1.htm

Retsarge 21-05-10 02:06

I just wanted to see if there is any additional info that you can give me on my 67 Cdn2 that may be available. Such as its maintenance records and the units that it was assigned to. I have the bases where it was stationed at and the dates of its transfers. Thanks
Richard
7105 96879
CFR 67-07832

Craig S. 22-05-10 23:24

3 Attachment(s)
mcafee -

Your requested info on both M-38A1's. Cheers,

Craig

Craig S. 22-05-10 23:40

5 Attachment(s)
Capt B -

Here is your lot of requested info on the Iltis. Cheers,

Craig

Craig S. 22-05-10 23:48

1 Attachment(s)
Gerry Dyck -

Your requested info on the recoilless Jeep. Cheers,

Craig

Craig S. 22-05-10 23:50

1 Attachment(s)
oldlithgow -

Here is your requested info. Cheers,

Craig

Craig S. 22-05-10 23:52

Retsarge -

I can look into it this coming week hopefully. Cheers,

Craig

oldlithgow 23-05-10 02:37

Thanks for the Info :cheers:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig S. (Post 130908)
oldlithgow -

Here is your requested info. Cheers,

Craig



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:05.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © Maple Leaf Up, 2003-2016