MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   new UK Shipping regulations (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12878)

malcolm erik bogaert 19-05-09 20:20

new UK Shipping regulations

today I have been informed by my local shipper that as Im sending items to NZ and USA I must have photo-copies of the receipients passport details as wel as my own...is this the British answer to Homeland Security....whats hapening to this bloody country! :fry: :fry: :fry:regards malcolm

Grant Bowker 19-05-09 22:45

I can understand them asking for paperwork to send things to the former colony guilty of armed revolt against the King, but why pick on fellow members of the Commonwealth?
Aren't there sayings about giving a man a (pick one of gun, badge, office, postion, title) and he becomes dangerous, particularly if he can blame "orders" and say he's doing it for your "safety".
Seriously, this one is so silly that you almost think someone along the way didn't understand what the instructions had actually said. If you are being realistic, faxing (or e-mailing) images of passports for every international shipper and receiver must be the greater security risk than it is a benefit.

malcolm erik bogaert 21-05-09 20:32

shipping regulations

Grant thats is exactly what I thought....the mind now bogles ...as you know all livestock in the UK now have to have passports also...do's this mean that the butter and lamb we get from NZ also has to have passport details shown....somebody somewhere is taking the P**s....cheers malcolm :thup:

Grant Bowker 21-05-09 22:37

I hadn't relized that UK cows had passports (as opposed to documentation).
If having a passport implies citizenship, and all citizens have equal rights..... does this mean cows can vote?
At least two of my grandparents were born in the UK, but I can't claim UK citzenship based on that fact. But apparently people who sneak through the Chunnel can apply????
Bizarre.

David_Hayward (RIP) 22-05-09 00:16

!

If you have, and it may be a paternal grandfather, who was British you used to be able to get in here and work more easily than if you had no descent. If you have a father who was Brit, then you are a Brit, more-or-less.

Barry Churcher 22-05-09 01:20

My brother and I were both born in Canada with the same parents. The Irish government saw fit to issue him an Irish passport but they won't do the same for me. :doh: please no smart comments from Simundson. :p
Barry

Grant Bowker 22-05-09 02:11

OK Barry, that beats my story.
While we are on the topic of Irish Grandfathers... The same Northern Irish Grandfather who doesn't qualify me as a UK citizen (along with his English wife), does qualify me for Irish Republic and as a result EU citzenship. I checked into this while I was feeling like everyone else in Canada had more rights than a "white, English, born here" and initially I was thinking I couldn't claim a right to live anywhere else on the face of the earth. Then it turned out I could claim citezenship in the land of Guinness.

malcolm erik bogaert 24-05-09 22:49

new shipping regulations

some time ago we watched a documentary on tv...imigration at heathrow!lots of young NZ and OZ lads where getting turned back...but others where walking right in :fry: :fry: :fry:can somebody tell me why we put of with this Stalinist Cabal in power at the moment.... :fry: :fry: :fry: what we need in the UK is another OLIVER CROMWELL...regards malcolm :cheers:

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 25-05-09 01:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry Churcher (Post 114178)
My brother and I were both born in Canada with the same parents...

Gee Barry, isn't that a trifle unusual for where you come from? :sheep:

Barry Churcher 25-05-09 02:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball (Post 114285)
Gee Barry, isn't that a trifle unusual for where you come from? :sheep:

Naw Geoff you are wrong on this one. Being from Bancroft, what is more unusual is that my parents were not related to each other BEFORE the wedding. :D Bancroft could have been called "pumpkin patch" , short for pump kin and there is already a Kinmount in Ontario. :drunk:
Barry

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 25-05-09 02:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry Churcher (Post 114287)
Naw Geoff you are wrong on this one. Being from Bancroft, what is more unusual is that my parents were not related to each other BEFORE the wedding. :D Bancroft could have been called "pumpkin patch" , short for pump kin and there is already a Kinmount in Ontario. :drunk:
Barry

Hell's bells, I'm impressed! Somehow I just knew there was something unique about you... :D

Mike Kelly 25-05-09 03:21

passports

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grant Bowker (Post 114173)
I hadn't relized that UK cows had passports (as opposed to documentation).
Bizarre.

Well yes, even the ex PM maggie has got one .

talking of crazy stuff.. the guy at the disposals was telling me that ..the army here doesn't release any of its current stuff for disposal..it's all destroyed // even harmless stuff like webbing is all burnt .. they don't want any of it to fall into the wrong hands