MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   For Sale: D-Day 75th Anniversary MLU polo shirt (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30076)

Hanno Spoelstra 04-05-19 14:59

D-Day 75th Anniversary MLU polo shirt

2 Attachment(s)
Just like in 2014, James Gosling is going to have a new run of these MLU polo shirts made up. Of course with "D-Day 75th anniversary" embroidered on them plus the MLU logo and Canadian Broad Arrow Ownership & Acceptance Mark.

If you want to place an order, reply below with the number of shirts you require plus the size.

Do not hesitate for too long as James needs to put in the order somewhere next week. There'a already a dozen members in the UK who have placed an order, so it is sure a run of these will be made.

Not sure about pricing and postage, James will update us when he's back after the weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Gosling (Post 194712)
To mark the 70th Anniversary of the D Day landings and to raise some funds for MLU, I have had a Polo shirt made with the MLU logo and the Made in Canada insignia.

These are premium quality Fruit of the Loom Polos.
Sizes S, M ,L ,XL & XXL.
Colour is khaki.
Price £17 per polo plus postage.

Postage costs:
Mainland UK: 1 polo £2.00, 2 polos £2.50
Europe: 1 polo £4.50, 2 polos £6.00

If you are interested, please email me for postage costs and payment.

James
:thup2:

Attachment 107238 Attachment 107239

Robin Craig 05-05-19 02:43

two please, XXL please

Shawn Edwards 05-05-19 07:18

Medium, two for me please.

Grant Bowker 05-05-19 12:53

Before I say "yes, please", is an estimate of shipping to Canada possible?

pauletto luigi 05-05-19 13:32

1 for me XXL, I will be in Normandy, I can pay you first and if you are there I withdraw them to the batteries longues on June 4th

James Gosling 07-05-19 12:12

Postage

An approximate cost of postage for one polo will be £7.00 to Canada and £7.50 to Australia.
I hope that helps
James

Ganmain Tony 08-05-19 05:56

Im in!

Two for me please James - XXXL. Yes thats right... XXXL

Just wish I could be over there again. Had a ball in 2013.

James P 08-05-19 12:03

I am good for one in size L and PU in Normandy at the meet and greet.

Grant Bowker 08-05-19 12:11

I would like 2 large and 2 extra large please.

Robert Jan Leerink 08-05-19 22:23

1 XL for me please

Hanno Spoelstra 08-05-19 22:30

Noblesse oblige ;-)

James,

As per my email:

XXL: 1
XL: 1

Thanks,
Hanno

jeeper1 11-05-19 20:06

1 for me please, XXL, please let me know the payment details thanks, Marc

Beau Bruce 12-05-19 14:16

3x L for me please mate if you haven’t already received my order in the comments section reguarding this post on the MLU Facebook page. Also let me know a postage cost to Australia too please mate. Thanks

Alex van de Wetering 13-05-19 22:58

James,

I hope I am not too late (?).....I would like to order 2 polo shirts, both size "L"

L: 2

Let me know if you need me to pay up front, or if exchange for Euro's at Longues meetup is OK.

Alex

maple_leaf_eh 14-05-19 06:00

shirts

1x XL to Canada

James Gosling 14-05-19 11:32

That's it now everyone, the order has gone in!!!

Grant Bowker 27-05-19 15:18

Assuming the order for the shirts to be made is still on track for delivery in time for Normandy, is information about how/when payment is expected available?

James P 14-06-19 19:18

Been there and back and no shirt in either my packed or carry on so looks like the postal option is the way forward to get a shirt.

Grant Bowker 15-06-19 01:12

I have tried to send James (Gosling) an email through MLU but have no reply so far.

I did request 4 shirts and if I made it through before order cutoff time would like to:
1) request a total cost including shipping to Canada,
2) pay James (paypal?) so he can ship me the shirts

I suspect James has been busy with planning and participating in Normandy and I don't want to harass him but I also don't want him to be out-of-pocket for shirts made on my behalf.

Does anyone have suggestions of a good way to reach James?

Hanno Spoelstra 15-06-19 21:28

Contacting James G

James P, it was good meeting you in person in Normandy!

I'll ask James Gosling to let you and Grant know about shipping etc. James told me he may do a second run, but I will let him confirm this here.

Edit: James just let me know he is in the middle of a house move, so let's cut him some slack and wait ;-)

HTH,
Hanno

Grant Bowker 15-06-19 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanno Spoelstra (Post 261492)
James just let me know he is in the middle of a house move, so let's cut him some slack and wait ;-)

Absolutely - as stated "I don't want to harass him but I also don't want him to be out-of-pocket for shirts made on my behalf" - whenever he's got time free will work.
Thank you for the update.

James P 27-06-19 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanno Spoelstra (Post 261492)
James P, it was good meeting you in person in Normandy!

I'll ask James Gosling to let you and Grant know about shipping etc. James told me he may do a second run, but I will let him confirm this here.

Edit: James just let me know he is in the middle of a house move, so let's cut him some slack and wait ;-)

HTH,
Hanno

Hello Hanno, it was great meeting you also. No worries about the shirt as Mr. Gosling settles into a new house, nice shirts and still interested in one should another run be made up. I also think that as there are two folks in Ottawa wanting shirts that maybe they can be sent as one postage over, just a thought on this.

Tony Smith 27-06-19 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by James P (Post 261648)
No worries about the shirt ..... and still interested in one should another run be made up.

Should another run be considered, I would like to see them without the "70th Annversary of D-Day" text, and also available in XXXL (purely for Ganmain Tony's benefit of course! :rolleyes :devil:)

Hanno Spoelstra 29-06-19 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Smith (Post 261655)
Should another run be considered, I would like to see them without the "70th Annversary of D-Day" text, and also available in XXXL (purely for Ganmain Tony's benefit of course! :rolleyes :devil:)

@James, there's an idea: having the next run made up without the D-Day anniversary text?

@Tony, take into account that the XXL size of the last run was at least one size larger than the XXL size of the previous run.

H.

James P 29-06-19 21:37

@James, there's an idea: having the next run made up without the D-Day anniversary text?

No thanks, I think this is going no where regarding getting one of those rather nice shirts. If there is another run, then I would be all in but I cannot see this happening at this point.

James Gosling 10-07-19 13:03

Polo Shirts

Apologies to everyone but the house move and loss of broadband etc has made the last few weeks chaotic, however I am back now and ready to send out the Polos. I am also doing an add on order for anyone who missed the first one.

So please if you have ordered already, would you please PM me your address so that I can get the items bagged up and get the postage figures. I can then let you know final amounts.

If you haven't yet ordered but would like to please PM me your order with your address to save time in the long run.

Thanks
James

Owen Evans 10-07-19 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Gosling (Post 261801)
So please if you have ordered already, would you please PM me your address so that I can get the items bagged up and get the postage figures. I can then let you know final amounts.

James,

PM on it's way to you... :salute:

Thanks,
Owen.

Beau Bruce 31-07-19 10:50

message received.?

Hi James,

I sent you a pm a couple of weeks ago regarding my order, just making sure you got it as I haven't heard anything back.?

James Gosling 01-08-19 10:46

Polo Shirts

Hi Beau,

I am just waiting on the top up order and will then come back to you regarding the postage costs.

All the best
James

Beau Bruce 01-08-19 23:38

Ahh ok, no worries mate. Thank you