MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Softskin Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New start (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31174)

hrpearce 09-05-20 06:00

New start

1 Attachment(s)
Many on here will recognise this Blitz, I paid for it today and will pick it up in the next couple of weeks.

Hanno Spoelstra 09-05-20 07:46

That looks like a beaut, Robert!

Is it a C15A?

hrpearce 09-05-20 08:25

Hi Hanno, a C60L this time. It is just down the hill from my place.

David Dunlop 09-05-20 14:35

Nice purchase, Robert.

David

Howard 10-05-20 11:12

New one

Great to see, Robert.
I look forward to seeing it next MArch!

Richard Farrant 10-05-20 11:45

Hi Rob,
Nice one! It does look familiar. Look forward to seeing you with it next year.

regards, Richard

hrpearce 12-05-20 11:50

I bought this blitz off Ian Patrick, it was Noels.
The bush fire got into the corner off the shed but fortunately only distorted one indicator lens and added some ash to the cab.
Noel and I shared a birth date ten years apart and both had Chev blitz's.
I hope to keep it on the road for many years to come.

Richard Farrant 12-05-20 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 269512)
I bought this blitz off Ian Patrick, it was Noels.
The bush fire got into the corner off the shed but fortunately only distorted one indicator lens and added some ash to the cab.
Noel and I shared a birth date ten years apart and both had Chev blitz's.
I hope to keep it on the road for many years to come.

Well done Robert. You will be able to join the other 3 tonners at Corowa, Tony, Beau and company, should make an impressive supply convoy.
:thup:

rob love 12-05-20 19:46

Once was the time I enjoyed taking a pile of relics and building a nice fresh truck. But as the future years are starting to wane, I have come to like the ready to go stuff.

Nice purchase.

hrpearce 05-06-20 14:01

This is turning into a real drama. Before I could pick the blitz up I blew my knee, two weeks later I had knee surgery then just as I started to get mobile again I had a heart attack requiring the fitting of two stents, now I am not aloud to drive for two weeks. This year is full of surprises.

jack neville 05-06-20 14:29

You take care Robert.
Trucks come second and can wait.
Sorry to hear. You have certainly had a lot to contend with of recent.

Hanno Spoelstra 05-06-20 16:18

Sheesh Robert,

You’re certainly hitting a couple of hard rocks this year. Hope it will get better for you soon. Fix yourself first, the trucks can come later.

Best wishes!

Bruce Parker (RIP) 05-06-20 16:40

I'm ready to write off 2020. I can't think of a single good thing it's brought.

rob love 05-06-20 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Parker (Post 270039)
I'm ready to write off 2020. I can't think of a single good thing it's brought.

Call me an optimist Bruce, but I am holding hope for a fall and replacement of the present government here.

Robert: Man, when it rains it pours down there. At least you have a good view from the porch...enjoy some time relaxing.

Richard Farrant 05-06-20 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 270035)
This is turning into a real drama. Before I could pick the blitz up I blew my knee, two weeks later I had knee surgery then just as I started to get mobile again I had a heart attack requiring the fitting of two stents, now I am not aloud to drive for two weeks. This year is full of surprises.

hi Robert,
Crikey, luck is not on your side this year. Look after yourself, hope all goes well in your recovery.
None of us are getting any younger!

regards, Richard

maple_leaf_eh 06-06-20 05:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 270035)

You seemed like a regular ordinary easy-going fellow when you visited here. Hardly a drama queen! I guess I misjudged you ((( ( ;-) ))))

hrpearce 10-07-20 08:59

3 Attachment(s)
Finally fit enough to pick the blitz up. Runs like a charm but no brakes at the moment, that will be fixed as soon as I modify the last shed standing to store the blitz in. Thank you for offering it to me Ian it was fun being on the road again.

Keith Webb 13-07-20 01:10

C60l

What a great looking C60L, so glad you are now the owner Rob! Looking forward to seeing it (and you) one day.

David Dunlop 13-07-20 01:41

Robert.

What a great looking vehicle to get back into things with again!

David

hrpearce 02-09-21 09:06

3 Attachment(s)
Well nothing is happening fast around here. Vicki and I finally cleaned the shed out enough to get the blitz into it.

today Vicki tow started the blitz for me and we moved it into the shed for repairs, it is probably going to take quite a while.
So far I know i have one sticking break even though the brakes have not been used, I need to sort out a choke for the engine may need a different carby and the blitz is having charging issues hence the tow start.