MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Parts/Sources/Prices (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   CMP First Aid Kit and Pouch (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31610)

Bruce Parker (RIP) 10-10-20 03:44

CMP First Aid Kit and Pouch

2 Attachment(s)
Is anybody willing to make up (or have made up) a batch of these to hold these? Every CMP truck should have one.

Jordan Baker 10-10-20 04:23

1 Attachment(s)
Found both of mine on eBay including this very complete one.

Thinking about it, but.....have no time right now.

Mike Cecil 10-10-20 04:31

Nice, but not applicable to Australian CMPs.

Mike

Jacques Reed 11-10-20 00:47

Australian WW2 Mechanized Unit First Aid Kit

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Mike,

I got the attached First Aid Kit over 25 years ago. A.P. 1943 and made in Melbourne. Am I right to assume it was applicable to Australian CMP's? Fits nicely under seat frame and I wonder if that was the stowed position if indeed it is correct?

It has the full original inventory, not even a safety pin has gone missing. Two iodine vials have leached out but otherwise complete. Not selling but thought it would be of interest.

It was on a property in SW Victoria. Amazing it was never called upon.

Cheers,

Bruce Parker (RIP) 11-10-20 01:05

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacques Reed (Post 273075)
Hi Mike,

I got the attached First Aid Kit over 25 years ago. A.P. 1943 and made in Melbourne. Am I right to assume it was applicable to Australian CMP's? Fits nicely under seat frame and I wonder if that was the stowed position if indeed it is correct?

It has the full original inventory, not even a safety pin has gone missing. Two iodine vials have leached out but otherwise complete. Not selling but thought it would be of interest.

Cheers,

What a great find!! I've collected a few kits, and the first one here is reputed to be Boer war. The yellow Stevens kit is part of the CMP equipment and it hung on the back of the cab behind the driver. I figure somebody should make a run of reproductions so we can all have one. I managed to find the kit (with innards) but no luck so far on the canvas carrier.

Mike Cecil 11-10-20 02:12

For the No.9 Tractor

Hi Jacques,

Nice find! I'm familiar with the kit you have - I had a nice box but without the contents. That kit will fit into the 'Retainer, First Aid Kit' - an open-topped bracket fitted to the inside of the left rear passenger door of the No.9 artillery tractor. Not sure how universal it was other than that, as the arty tractor kits had to have enough gear to provide for the entire gun detachment. So you'll have the No.9 owners all beating a path to your door now.

Incidentally, does the inner canvas pouch have a thin shoulder strap also made of canvas? I scored a very similar pouch with contents from somewhere, but never realised it might be the contents for the black box.

There was also a much smaller first aid tin, possibly more applicable to a two-man cab, similar to the one in Bruce's post. It was labelled 'Kit, First Aid, MT' or similar. I had two examples: one a Khaki Green No.3 and the other painted an ikie green (light jungle green?), both with black stenciled writing on the outside of the lid. One of the tins I had, I think the KG3 one, was complete with the contents. I have a feeling that one went with all the VOL (tools etc) I sold with the F15 CMP before we left Oz.

Mike

Jordan Baker 11-10-20 03:10

3 Attachment(s)
Contents of the khaki green Canadian Outfit First Aid, Tanks and Armoured Cars. Interestingly one of the metal boxes I have is manufacture stamped by a company from Grimsby, Ontario and dated 1940. It’s also a glossy green. Makes me think the basic design was a prewar first aid kit.

Jacques Reed 11-10-20 06:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Cecil (Post 273078)
Hi Jacques,

Incidentally, does the inner canvas pouch have a thin shoulder strap also made of canvas? I scored a very similar pouch with contents from somewhere, but never realised it might be the contents for the black box.

Oz.

Mike

Hi Mike, Yes it has a thin canvas strap attached.

Cheers,

Keith Webb 11-10-20 08:34

First aid kit

Great to see one with its contents in excellent condition.
There were two different catch configurations, the other type was a sliding lock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacques Reed (Post 273075)
Hi Mike,

Cheers,