MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Heads Up: CMP seat covers (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19789)

RichCam 12-02-13 22:49

CMP seat covers

4 Attachment(s)
Hello CMP Restorers,
A friend of mine owns an upholstery business and he manufactured a seat cushion and back rest for my 1941 F-60S Cab 13. If you are interested in having a seat ($125Cdn) and/or backrest ($100Cdn) made, please contact me via a PM or at compal@vianet.ca
Regards, Richard

Bob Carriere 12-02-13 23:33

Interesting.....

Hi Richard

Are we talking complete seat ... as in foam block for bottom and back rest or only seat coverings for the old original CMP coil springs...?

Would they be available in canvas (OD) for those too cheap for the leather look?????

I see they look good enough you are using them as stools in the house.

Bob

RichCam 13-02-13 14:32

Details regarding CMP seats

Hello Bob,

The lower seat cushion comes with an integrated foam pad and a screened, vented rear port. It does not have a plywood bottom, my Cab 13 seat bottoms are solid metal.
The upper back rest comes with a foam pad and it is designed to slide over and be pulled down over the frame. The foam pad is in front of the springs on the frame.
I will check with my friend to see if he can make a "canvas" version and I will post pricing as soon as it is available.
The cushion was sitting on the stool for photo purposes. That being said, some wanna be CMP'ers might want to buy a cushion such that they can achieve a low tech sensation of driving a CMP while they are watching YouTube videos.

cletrac (RIP) 13-02-13 15:05

Just so you know, the seats they did in leatherette were the ones in the back that were more exposed to the weather and they were brown.

Robert Bergeron 13-02-13 22:58

Seat covers

Thanks for offering Rich !

Bob Cheers ! :cheers:

RichCam 14-02-13 18:15

Getting back to the seats.....

Hi Guys,

I'll keep a look out for Ford horns in my scavaging trips.

Getting back to the seats, my original seat cushions out of the F-60S Tipper are black so I'm replacing them with black. If you would like more information and pricing on seats, please contact:
Wade Wettlaufer (he is in London, Ontario) and he is a member of our Legion Bren Carrier Restoration crew. His email address is:
wade@vianet.ca
I've already ordered a second set for the observer seat.
Cheers, Richard

8threcce 13-03-14 00:32

in canvas

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichCam (Post 175815)
Hello CMP Restorers,
A friend of mine owns an upholstery business and he manufactured a seat cushion and back rest for my 1941 F-60S Cab 13. If you are interested in having a seat ($125Cdn) and/or backrest ($100Cdn) made, please contact me via a PM or at compal@vianet.ca
Regards, Richard

Does he also make them in canvas?

RichCam 14-03-14 15:23

Canvas CMP Seat Covers

I will check with Wade. If he is able to make canvas CMP seat covers, is there anyone else that is interested? Let me know.
Cheers - Richard

8threcce 14-03-14 17:00

need 4 complete sets

Joel Culliford 30-03-14 21:28

I might be interested depending on price.

Joel

RichCam 04-04-14 19:08

CMP Seat Cover sets

Please email Wade directly and he can give you a price.
wade@vianet.ca
Quote:

Originally Posted by 8threcce (Post 192972)
need 4 complete sets

RichCam 04-04-14 19:09

CMP Seat Cover pricing

Joel,
Please email Wade at wade@vianet.ca and he can give you pricing.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joel Culliford (Post 193745)
I might be interested depending on price.

Joel