MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Tributes (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   David "Cletrac" Pope - RIP (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29942)

Hanno Spoelstra 22-03-19 15:37

David "Cletrac" Pope - RIP

2 Attachment(s)
Erin Pope sent me an email yesterday with the sad news that David Pope a.k.a. "Cletrac" passed away last month.

David joined Maple Leaf Up Forum 16 years ago and was active with a total of 2,275 posts. He was always willing to share information and was active on MLU on the day he passed away.

David will be sorely missed by his family and the members of this forum.

Erin Pope is now a member and will probably post more info later.

Sincerely,
Hanno

Attachment 106152 Attachment 106153

Alex van de Wetering 22-03-19 16:00

I am shocked to hear about Davids passing.....again we lose a regular contributor on MLU.........and also a fellow C8 owner. I hope he enjoyed the hobby right to the end.

Years ago Dave helped me with a lot of C8 info to help me get me started on my restoration. I know he was gathering all Wireless equipment to get his own C8 complete....very sad to hear he never got to finish that project.

RIP Dave

Wayne Hingley 22-03-19 16:41

Very sad news to hear. A great loss to the MV community. RIP David.

rob love 22-03-19 17:12

Condolences to David's family.

Seems like we are losing more long term members than we are gaining these days.

Mike Kelly 23-03-19 01:06

David

This is sad news indeed.
David's enthusiasm will be sorely missed. I shipped a No. 11 wireless set over to David some years ago and he had scrounged and found most of the associated kit for the set.

Ganmain Tony 23-03-19 01:31

Oh no..

I am so sorry to hear this news,

David was an invaluable fountain of knowledge on this forum.

I did hope to get to Canada and meet him one of these days.

Bob Carriere 23-03-19 04:34

So sorry to hear of David passing......

Lost another really active member again. David was always there to help and share information. He will be missed.

My condolences to the Pope family.

Bob C.

r.morrison 23-03-19 06:10

Shocked and saddened.....

I haven't been around for awhile, but I just hate it when you pop in and read the sad news of someone's untimely passing. Shocked, to say the least about David's passing. As said by many, he contributed way more than his fair share of help to waifs like myself and to the whole world wide community. A gentle helpful sole on this forum, I had the pleasure of speaking with him a number of years ago. Having lived across this country and then some, I've always said the nicest people in Canada come from Saskatchewan. David is and was proof to that belief. I was always thunderstruck at the amount of vehicles he owned and to whether these were all running and parade ready. I would say....."I started way too late in this hobby".
The extremely strange thing TODAY......I was looking for an automotive manual on ebay, which I found. Checking into the rest of the seller's store, was a serious whack of manuals. In those manuals was one for CLETRAC TRACTORS pre 1938 and right away I thought of David. I never knew what Cletrac stood for (Cleveland Tractor) but when I read that name....I could only think of David. I thought of contacting him over the next couple of days to see if he wanted it and well....what can I say.
Erin, if you read this, sincere condolences to you and your family. As you have put it so nicely....a shining star has left the galaxy way to soon.

Kind regards....Robert Morrison :salute:

Hanno Spoelstra 23-03-19 10:57

Putting a face to his name

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of happier times. When David and his brother went on a Road trip ten years ago, they got the chance to take a Duck for a swim. The picture shows him driving and his brother as co-pilot.

H.

Attachment 106162

Matthew P 23-03-19 12:28

Saddened by his loss. Although I never met him I've seen that handle all over this forum. His absence will surely be felt in the community.

Matthew

Ron Pier 26-03-19 09:28

I'm also shocked and saddened to hear this news. Dave and I have been talking and helping each other on the wireless section and privately for some years now, and I was just getting ready to share more info with him. I realize now why I didn't receive a reply to my last email. Ron(UK)

Robert Bergeron 27-03-19 04:13

Rest in peace and condoleances to the family.