MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Auction and Classified Ad Site Heads Up (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   No11 set power supply unit (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31328)

Tom Millward 15-07-20 15:29

No11 set power supply unit

There's a No11 set power supply unit of ebay, for those of you with early vehicles. No connection to the seller.

Item no 193560421310

Tim Bell 15-07-20 22:07

I am sure everyone hoped that would stay a secret... glad I don't need a PSU.

Peter Hommes 15-07-20 22:19

yes that is me Tim

1 Attachment(s)
dear all readers of this thread .

I am after this power unit it goes withy british ws11 that misses the power unit hope we are not bidding against each other. In case you let me win it thank you all

Regards

Peter Hommes

this is my set made by Mc M.R.

Mike Kelly 16-07-20 14:14

Psu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Hommes (Post 270919)
dear all readers of this thread .

I am after this power unit it goes withy british ws11 that misses the power unit hope we are not bidding against each other. In case you let me win it thank you all

Regards

Peter Hommes

this is my set made by Mc M.R.

You will find a Australian made power unit more easily and cheaper I would imagine. The Australian units are of dubious quality, AWA used a cheap white metal casting for the genemotor frames, these frames crack , shrink and break up over time. Super glue is your friend, it permeates into the cracks and seems to stabilize the structure . I have a UK made EK Cole 11 set and the general finish and quality of these is miles ahead of the Australian made AWA units .

Bruce Parker (RIP) 16-07-20 15:06

The ebay number doesn't show up for me. Can I get a link to see the item? No, I'm not going to bid on it and hope it goes to someone who needs it at a fair price.

Tony Smith 16-07-20 15:55

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-...4AAOSwfPRfBhlB

Peter Hommes 16-07-20 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kelly (Post 270923)
You will find a Australian made power unit more easily and cheaper I would imagine. The Australian units are of dubious quality, AWA used a cheap white metal casting for the genemotor frames, these frames crack , shrink and break up over time. Super glue is your friend, it permeates into the cracks and seems to stabilize the structure . I have a UK made EK Cole 11 set and the general finish and quality of these is miles ahead of the Australian made AWA units .

i got a British set so British so it will one day. if i get this one it will be more expensive now

Peter Hommes 18-07-20 23:16

I asked the seller an question he precified as stupid so at the time I made an offer 30sec before end it worked out I was blocked from bidding by him 😢

Bruce Parker (RIP) 18-07-20 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Hommes (Post 270990)
I asked the seller an question he precified as stupid so at the time I made an offer 30sec before end it worked out I was blocked from bidding by him 😢

????

What was the question that so disturbed him? He was offended enough he wouldn't take your money? Has it been relisted?

Chris Suslowicz 19-07-20 00:47

Having just looked at the item in question you may have been lucky and dodged a bullet there.

Chris. (G8KGS)

Peter Hommes 19-07-20 11:16

Question was if he wanted to sell it direct with out auction. More or less buy now price I asked. He reply tosser

Chris Suslowicz 19-07-20 13:31

That (attitude) is not the reason he's been permanently barred from various Amateur Radio rallies and blocked from joining at least two radio groups.

Chris.

Peter Hommes 19-07-20 15:42

Well it also resulted in mm taking action. I know of another probably power unit for ws11. Owner said it is small and black not sure if it is ws11 5 years ago. Spoke to him ahead ago he admitted it was the lp power unit for ws11 in good condition.

Today it was time to ring him . We spoke he want to sale to me and had spare valve and spare parts cases for ws11 and some plug yess!! I am getting there still missing hp unit and mounting. I will post some pictures when it arrives

Regards

Gentlemen. Enjoy the weekebd

Bruce Parker (RIP) 19-07-20 15:55

Well that's good news. Between your set and presumably another one owned by the buyer of that ebay supply unit there are now hopefully two 11 sets on the go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Hommes (Post 271010)
Well it also resulted in mm taking action. I know of another probably power unit for ws11. Owner said it is small and black not sure if it is ws11 5 years ago. Spoke to him ahead ago he admitted it was the lp power unit for ws11 in good condition.

Today it was time to ring him . We spoke he want to sale to me and had spare valve and spare parts cases for ws11 and some plug yess!! I am getting there still missing hp unit and mounting. I will post some pictures when it arrives

Regards

Chris Suslowicz 19-07-20 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Hommes (Post 271010)

Regards

I have a spare aerial tuning unit if you need one of those.

(It was going cheap in an auction and I thought "Why not? It might be useful one day." so bought it.) :)

Chris.

Bruce Parker (RIP) 19-07-20 17:12

1 Attachment(s)
Canadian set with the bits and bobs:

Peter Hommes 19-07-20 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Parker (Post 271014)
Canadian set with the bits and bobs:

With mounting waauuuww very very nice

Peter Hommes 19-07-20 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Suslowicz (Post 271012)
I have a spare aerial tuning unit if you need one of those.

(It was going cheap in an auction and I thought "Why not? It might be useful one day." so bought it.) :)

Chris.

Hi chris,

Many thanks for the offer but got a very nice strange enough they aren’t very rare

I need hp psu, mounting ans the big square plugs to finish it off

Mike Kelly 20-07-20 05:37

tray

peter

The carrier / mount unit , it is possible to make a carrier yourself. Rory and Dave Ballard did a excellent reproduction of a 11 set mount tray . You can do it with basic tooling , and a die for the holes in the top hat section. The feet are same as 19 set/

I spotted a 11 set lid on EBAY here a few weeks ago... The Austraian version lid is steel, I think the UK one was Aluminium ? The lid has folding feet inside , you sit the set on top of the lid if you need to. My only lid I passed onto Rory years ago. We think Aust. production amounted to around 6000 units .

I gave my last 11 set Aust. to David Pope in Canada ,and he found a mint UK built one only a few months later ! Gee

The Canadian set looks like a top unit, well made and probably as rare as the UK made sets.

BTW there is a collector in NZ with a lot of this stuff, Ross Jowitt, he has a No. 1 set, No.9 set and much more of the very rare sets . For some reason NZ got quite a few 21 sets

Bruce Parker (RIP) 20-07-20 17:16

21 set you say? Any loose ones out there to be had?

I made detailed drawings of the 11 set base if you wanted to reproduce one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kelly (Post 271024)
peter

The carrier / mount unit , it is possible to make a carrier yourself. Rory and Dave Ballard did a excellent reproduction of a 11 set mount tray . You can do it with basic tooling , and a die for the holes in the top hat section. The feet are same as 19 set/

I spotted a 11 set lid on EBAY here a few weeks ago... The Austraian version lid is steel, I think the UK one was Aluminium ? The lid has folding feet inside , you sit the set on top of the lid if you need to. My only lid I passed onto Rory years ago. We think Aust. production amounted to around 6000 units .

I gave my last 11 set Aust. to David Pope in Canada ,and he found a mint UK built one only a few months later ! Gee

The Canadian set looks like a top unit, well made and probably as rare as the UK made sets.

BTW there is a collector in NZ with a lot of this stuff, Ross Jowitt, he has a No. 1 set, No.9 set and much more of the very rare sets . For some reason NZ got quite a few 21 sets