MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Ontario Military Vehicle Association News (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   OMVA Executive (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24541)

Grant Bowker 30-09-15 03:31

OMVA Executive

I have heard rumors that a significant fraction of the last published executive list has resigned. Is a listing of the current executive available?

peter simundson 30-09-15 13:48

Yes...There is a listing

You're hearing from him.

Peter Simundson

BCA 12-10-15 02:44

October 24 Acton swap meet

The October 24 OMVA swap meet at the Acton, Ontario Legion will be a great opportunity to discuss the future of OMVA. This event always attracts a good crowd. Maybe your chance to step forward and volunteer to relieve our hard-working and long- standing officers and magazine editor! ... Brian

peter simundson 12-10-15 02:53

Long standing?

All the officers and the Editor have quit without reason or warning. You're talking to the last man standing.

Peter S

chris vickery 12-10-15 04:02

Not so true...
Respectfully, as the now defunct President of the OMVA I beg to differ.
Truthfully, I may have resigned suddenly but definately not without reason.
I have avoided from commenting publicly on the matter but I will if necessary to make my reasons public.
Any Member of the OMVA may contact me personally via phone, email or PM to discuss.
I will not be slighted in any way. I have refrained from public commentary on MLU as I have made many aquaintances here and felt it best to keep the Club's laundry away from an International Forum of respected peers.
Respectfully, Chris

Robin Craig 12-10-15 11:43

Chris,

I applaud you publicly for taking a go at being the president of the OMVA and I also applaud you publicly for not airing the OMVA problems that caused you to resign.

I also applaud Eric Booth for his work as OMVA editor and not airing the OMVA problems that caused him to resign.

rob love 12-10-15 15:30

Kudos to all. After watching the National Firearms Association implode with it's public s***fest over the last 6 months, it shows how egos can totally destroy an organization. (That particular group is now fractured and useless. Fortunately Canada has another lobby group, so all is not lost).

Taking the high road can ensure that a group that all concerned felt dedicated enough to serve in will still be there for the future members to salvage.

Terry Witiuk 13-10-15 12:37

Status of the OMVA and the October 24th Swap Meet

I was not planning on going to the swap meet as I work Saturdays. Will there be an organized/formal meeting or group discussion on the status of the OMVA that day. If yes, I would make arrangements so that I could attend. Is anyone able to confirm whether such a meeting or discussion will occur and would it be for all OMVA members to hear/participate or be in the form small informal discussions amongst those that know each other very well and take place around various tables at different points through the day. The later is not being said in a negative way but I am not familiar enough with faces to know who is who and to participate in such conversations.
Cheers, Terry.