MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Softskin Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   She's over the border (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3648)

Keith Webb 28-03-05 06:36

She's over the border

My FGT is now in Victoria thanks to a combination of bad luck for Mark Sierant who had to recover his ToyDodge with a broken crankshaft and the farm truck of the Hedges, along with Ashley Wilson who drove it.

Thanks, guys! :note: :note: :note: :note:

The final recovery is planned for next Sunday.

Max Hedges 28-03-05 22:52

Re: She's over the border

Quote:

Originally posted by Keith Webb
The final recovery is planned for next Sunday.
The recovery team arrived back at Yass just after midnight. Mark's toyota is nearly home, we just have to truck it to his place today or tomorrow.

Max

Max Hedges 29-03-05 00:24

Victoria at last

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go Keefy, your ugley toy just about to touch ground. Just remember you have to be very nice to me now. :D :D
Em

Keith Webb 29-03-05 00:54

Re: Victoria at last

Quote:

Originally posted by Max Hedges
Here you go Keefy, your ugley toy just about to touch ground. Just remember you have to be very nice to me now. :D :D
Em

But I'm always nice to you, Emma:D

How can you call something like that ugly? She's gorgeous indeed.
Oh, and not a toy but a significant part of our history.;)

Mark Sierant 29-03-05 02:03

Were did we leave it

I dont think we should tell Keefy were we hid the Gun Tractor, he can have all the fun for looking for and finding it again. What a BuZZ:p :

Keith Webb 29-03-05 02:08

Paint

Did you paint it like an Easter egg?

Mark Sierant 29-03-05 02:21

Hidden Away, What was the name of that place

No no time to start your restoration by applying its first coat of paint in 25 years. But Emma thought it would be funny to park it a big Blackberry Bush which was acchieved using the sling shot method of towing. Just ask Ashley about this I dont want to comment on the damage at the moment but after all it is a restoration project and it will need to be pulled apart at some stage.

PS have you told the Wife?????? :eek:

Keith Webb 29-03-05 02:35

Re: Hidden Away, What was the name of that place

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Sierant
have you told the Wife?????? :eek:
Mark, I asked you not to bring her into this...

As for the restoration - we've already started - do you mean that some things will need to be re-done due to certain parts overheating? :eek: Oh dear!

As for blackberries, at least this is the season for them - I'll pick some when we rescue it.

Mark Sierant 29-03-05 02:58

Further help required to two

Take your tools with you the brakes are making an awfull noise. In the short tow that we did things were very hard to move and a lot of heat built up quickly.

PS painting it like an Easter Egg and leaving it in the garden for the kids to find will not impress the better half, well at least mine wasn"t last year with a Dodgegg

Keith Webb 03-04-05 00:34

About to head off

to Myrtleford to collect her... will report back later today.:)

Keith Webb 03-04-05 12:49

Re: Hidden Away, What was the name of that place

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Sierant
PS have you told the Wife?????? :eek:
Welllll... funnily enough she departed today for a two week painting trip to the Northern Flinders Ranges... so I thought I'd be able to sneak it home and at least get it properly mobile... but fate intervened when she called and my dear 14 year old daughter said those fateful 5 words... "Daddy's brought his truck home!"

Meanwhile poor Euan is trying to iron things out at home after being absent the whole day... the CMP points have truly evaporated in the state of Victoria.

Any suggestions on how to redeem ourselves? (short of selling our beloved vehicles). Carmen? Anyone?

cliff 03-04-05 21:50

Re: Re: OK, here she is...

Quote:

As for the missus finding out on the first day already, leave it under a tarp at the back of your lot until she cools down...;)

H.

well she knows now so go full steam ahead and spread parts all over the garage/lawn/house before she gets home. After all how much worse can the punishment get? :D

cheers
Cliff:salute:

Keith Webb 03-04-05 21:54

Parts

Yes, there's something about the smell of old diff oil in the bedroom which has a marked (although negative) effect on her personality.

alleramilitaria 05-04-05 00:27

and i thought i had a ugly looking truck, what did the canadians and the brits have a contest to see who could make the uglest vehicle??? i think its mine by a nose (morris GS 15CWT)
dave:cool:

Snowtractor 06-04-05 05:29

Redemption

Well, in the redemption department women , wives in particular, follow this credo....."What do you do if your husband is staggering around the backyard near his CMP collection?"...."SHOOT HIM AGAIN!"

Sean

Mark Sierant 06-04-05 05:37

Were are the Pics

Now Keefy a man of your photographicalus Skillset should have a few picies up for the boys to druel over. I am astounded by their absence here and on your site. I hope that we can see them soon or have you dressed the FGT as a flower pot or garden shed??????:p

Keith Webb 06-04-05 11:58

Flowerpot

Hi Mark

Have a quiet look at this page.

Since checking this method of transport is legal here....

Subsequent work on the vehicle has involved lots of things - the smoke in the brakes was due to the front anchor pins not being tightened... and there was another annoying discovery after replacing the rear brake lines and hose - when bleeding the system one of the "rebuilt" wheel cylinders was found to have a stripped thread in the bleeder - the wheel cylinder casting was buggered, so I'm sending a spare wheel cylinder off for sleeving.
Much rust removed and a high pressure clean is scheduled for tomorrow morning.
Other immediate work will involve replacing the HT wiring which is the original 60 year old version, making some new rad pipes, and sorting the fuel system. Then at least she should be mobile.
The left-hand water pump is suspect too.
Further work will see the crane removed and gradual replacement of various old seals in the transfer case, and a rewire. She's currently 12v but the long term plan is to return to 6v.
Later the other rear body will be recovered from Sydney and added, followed by a reskinning and proper paint.

Max Hedges 07-04-05 00:06

need a hand

Keith, if you need a hand Rob and Ashley are keen to pop down for another working bee, all you would have to do is feed em and they will be there. Hey Mark you could run em down and take one of your special short cuts
Max

Mark Sierant 07-04-05 01:45

Shortcut to Keefies

Keefie see ya soon it will take about 2 weeeks to get there on the short cut route.

PS please arrange big meal pizza pasta etc, also Ashley is on a special diet please only provide Steak Peas and Potatos.

Keith Webb 07-04-05 01:52

Food

The tucker's ready - come 'n get it!