MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Aussie residents (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26529)

cliff 02-11-16 20:17

Aussie residents

Hi People.
My Partner & I am traveling down through NSW on the New England Highway towing a caravan and staying in Sydney for 3 or 4 days then travelling to Wagga Wagga and to Finley and Horsham in Victoria over the next 3 weeks before returning home to Gympie.

Is there any MLU forum members who I could visit for an hour or two along the way?

If so please PM your name address & phone number and I'll give you a call as we get closer to visiting.

Cheers
Cliff :thup2:

Keith Webb 02-11-16 21:18

Vsits

Pity you're not coming as far as Melbourne Cliff, Horsham is over 4 hours from me, but there are many MLU-ers on your route. Hope you both have a terrific trip!

Lang 02-11-16 23:53

Cliff

You are welcome to drop in for a cup of coffee on Brisbane north side but being only 3 hours down the road I suppose you will be pressing on to see the strange and exotic culture of the foreigners south of the border.

Lang

Scrivo18 02-11-16 23:58

visit

I am in Kerang which may be on the way across to Horsham depending on which way your travelling

I will be at the shop Friday and till 10.00 am on Saturday then heading off for the weekend ...

Will be here all next week and the following one, but Sydney for next weekend though

If that suits let me know and drop in for a visit

Tim

cliff 03-11-16 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Webb (Post 230637)
Pity you're not coming as far as Melbourne Cliff, Horsham is over 4 hours from me, but there are many MLU-ers on your route. Hope you both have a terrific trip!

We may be visiting Melbourne but won't make that decision until we reach Horsham. I'll love to visit yourself and a few Orchid friends that live down there. I'll let you know if we do decide to come that far south. :thup2:

cliff 03-11-16 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrivo18 (Post 230647)
I am in Kerang which may be on the way across to Horsham depending on which way your travelling

I will be at the shop Friday and till 10.00 am on Saturday then heading off for the weekend ...

Will be here all next week and the following one, but Sydney for next weekend though

If that suits let me know and drop in for a visit

Tim

Tim could you PM me your phone number as we will be travelling through Kerang on our way down and would love to stop if you are available. :thup2:

cliff 03-11-16 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lang (Post 230646)
Cliff

You are welcome to drop in for a cup of coffee on Brisbane north side but being only 3 hours down the road I suppose you will be pressing on to see the strange and exotic culture of the foreigners south of the border.

Lang

Have to be another day Lang but I'd love to arrange a visit to see you one day. If I win the lotto I'll buy your carryall as well LOL! :thup2:

cliff 12-11-16 11:02

Wagga Wagga

or wogga wogga as the locals call it. Staying 10k down the road from the Kapooka Military Camp. Leaving Monday Morning for Horsham. Thought about the Bendigo Swap Meet but it is 4 hours away so will book it for next year along with Cowra earlier in the year.

Enjoying the trip but have seen more Orchids then Rusty trucks so far. :)

cliff 18-11-16 06:02

enjoying myself

well here I am in Melbourne for the night having met John Neville and seen his collection of goodies and met Keith Webb for the first time. I need to see another friend tomorrow and then back to Horsham by tomorrow night a 4 hour trip.

Also stopped in at Tim's (Scrivo18) at Kerang on the way to Horsham last week and saw his impressive collection.

Need to come down here again to see many other people as well. Sorry Robert but the weather was terrible at Wagga Wagga and we only stayed a short 2 days there where I was sick for part of it. So another time perhaps?

Have decided to try and go to Corowa next year as well but the final decision will be made when we get back to Gympie on the 26th at the latest.
:thup2: