MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Found: POL can spout.. (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31826)

Tony Smith 22-12-20 11:38

POL can spout..

1 Attachment(s)
... commonly called a "Horsecock".

I am looking for one, or two, of the flexible metal spouts that have a screw fitting on one end that fits to the mouth of a POL Can or the bottom of the fuel funnel. Would be very happy with NOS, but clean and serviceable used is fine. Willing to pay postage from wherever on MLU you are. (I don't have one of these, pic is from MLU)

BCA 22-12-20 12:46

Available. Will send a PM later today with details. Brian

Tony Smith 22-12-20 13:21

Thank you, Brian.

Ed Storey 22-12-20 17:44

POL Can Spout

It is interesting that every army in the world seems to call it the same thing. I remember visiting the Russian Battalion in Croatia in 1993, and while fueling up they even referred to it as a 'horse cock' as well. The translator had fun with the term.

rob love 22-12-20 18:17

Not anymore Ed. I had some guys from 2VP over to borrow the M548 from the museum, and it was out of fuel. When I asked them if they had a horsecock in their vehicle, they kind of looked at me sideways. I had to explain what I was asking for, and one of them told me they weren't allowed to call them that anymore.

Bob Phillips 22-12-20 18:25

A rose by any other name..

Ah..politcal correctness run amuck..is nothing sacred?

rob love 22-12-20 18:45

Call me old school but he term "equine appendage" just doesn't seem right.

Wayne Hingley 22-12-20 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob love (Post 274908)
...they weren't allowed to call them that anymore.

Yes, the horses must have been so offended.

Bruce Parker (RIP) 22-12-20 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob love (Post 274908)
Not anymore Ed. I had some guys from 2VP over to borrow the M548 from the museum, and it was out of fuel. When I asked them if they had a horsecock in their vehicle, they kind of looked at me sideways. I had to explain what I was asking for, and one of them told me they weren't allowed to call them that anymore.

And thus ends a tradition dating back to at least 95 A.D. when Caeser's XIV Centurion Guard used actual horse cocks to fuel their battle chariots with ether. Or not.

Ed Storey 22-12-20 20:20

POL Can Spout

How about "equus cantavit gallus" - or at least that is what Google tells me it is called in Latin.

Does this mean that the 'F' word is no longer used as well?

Tony Smith 22-12-20 23:06

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Phillips (Post 274909)
Ah..politcal correctness run amuck..is nothing sacred?

Life's no fun any more. Back in the era of my youth, these road signs would have been repeatedly graffitied with two additional letters, and maybe a drawing or a phone number. :teach: It would be seen as a right and natural thing to be done.

Nowadays, the Politically Correct miscreants must look at it and shrug: "Meh, it just means Creek!". What is the world coming to?

Lynn Eades 22-12-20 23:44

1 Attachment(s)
The sign that gets me over your way is "Hump". It looks like you've been here as well?

Bruce Parker (RIP) 22-12-20 23:45

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Smith (Post 274919)
Life's no fun any more. Back in the era of my youth, these road signs would have been repeatedly graffitied with two additional letters, and maybe a drawing or a phone number. :teach: It would be seen as a right and natural thing to be done.

Nowadays, the Politically Correct miscreants must look at it and shrug: "Meh, it just means Creek!". What is the world coming to?

Too true. There's this road sign I've passed hundreds of times and not once has somebody whitened the C to make it a G. Not even me.

Lynn Eades 22-12-20 23:52

Anyhoo, back to your "Donkeys dick" :D

Bruce Parker (RIP) 22-12-20 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Storey (Post 274915)
Does this mean that the 'F' word is no longer used as well?

'F' as angrily shouted when the horse's do-hicky (do-dickey?) leaks spewing petrol all over you...that 'F'? I hope not because I plan using it should that occur.

Tony Smith 23-12-20 01:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn Eades (Post 274923)
Anyhoo, back to your "Donkeys dick" :D

Yes, all good now.

Brian can supply me with two (I can't be this silly just playing with one), so thanks to all who may still be looking through their spare parts.