MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Wanted: M135/M211 Transmission Parts (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20336)

Phil Waterman 26-05-13 03:04

M135/M211 Transmission Parts

Hi All

Got the following e-mail from a friend who is looking for transmission parts for the GMC automatics, so if you think you can help, post something or drop me a private message and I'll put you in touch with Steve. Steve by the way is truly knowledgeable of all the US WWII Chev and GMC so he probably be able to respond in kind with information and parts sources.

"
Because you deal with Canadian collectors, do you know, or do they know who in Canada sells parts for the GMC automatics? Some of the parts are the same as a CCKW/Chev

Thanks
Steve"

Cheers Phil

rob love 26-05-13 05:04

Nobody out this way for NOS transmission parts. Even the company who did the rebuilds for the military in the early 80s (Wes-trans in Winnipeg) used to merely mix and match between the NS transmissions in a lot of cases.

maple_leaf_eh 26-05-13 14:52

A few weeks ago there was a Kijiji posting from Lac St-Jean, Quebec of Deuce and a Half parts.

http://saguenay.kijiji.ca/c-autos-et...AdIdZ468619207

"I have a lot of different pieces of model military truck M211 6 X 6 GMC of the 1970s. Stored for more than 25 years. The owner sold several military trucks at the time. One of these trucks had been dismantled. Several pieces were sold and I offer what is still available. An engine 6 cylinders fairly complete pieces. It was reassembled in 1980. Including the crankshaft, camshaft, the crankcase, cylinders, valve cover, and the engine block itself. I also have the the oil filter, 24 volt starter and oil fill kit. These three elements will be sales to share. The engine is in the Lac St-Jean. See my other listings of government surplus. Price is negotiable."

Be advised, this is a one day drive from even the civilized parts of Quebec.

Ed Landstrom 26-05-13 16:29

I have no transmission parts, but I do have several complete transmissions to choose from.
Problem 1: I'm a long way from New Hampshire, in southwestern Ontario. In American terms, I'm about an hour east of Detroit.
Problem 2:They're all in trucks. One of the trucks has the engine already out, so that would be the easiest to get the transmision out of. Unfortunately, I don't expect to have time to remove or ship a transmission any time soon.
Do you know anyone in the area who could come and pick one?
Maybe your friend would like to buy a complete truck or 2?

BCA 26-05-13 17:36

M135 t/m part

I have some NOS parts as well as gasket and seal kits and the detailed army manual for rebuilding the hyramatic transmission. Also army rebuilt units. However I can't imagine what parts would be in common to CCKW/Chev. certain parts are in common to the hyramatics used in some other army vehicles. ... Brian

Phil Waterman 26-05-13 17:59

Thanks for the responses, so far

Hi Guys

Thanks for the quick responses, I'm forwarding the info along to Steve and will also ask him what parts in particular he is looking for or it a general source of parts he is hoping to fine.

Cheers Phil

chris vickery 26-05-13 23:58

Phil, I AM IN THE LAC ST.JEAN Saguanay QC AREA RIGHT NOW... I am here for work for the next week or so, have truck and trailer with space available, some crew returning to Montreal area, some to Toronto area.
One of our Montreal crew is a huge automotive enthusiast/collector/restorer.
I checked the map as posted with the Kijiji ad, and the seller is about 30 minutes south of where I am working (Alma, QC).

Phil Waterman 27-05-13 00:26

Thanks for kind offer of transport

Hi Chris

Thanks for the kind offer of transport, but until I hear from Steve I don't even know what he is need of.

I'll get back to you all once I hear back from Steve, probably Tuesday.

Cheers Phil

chris vickery 27-05-13 03:18

No problem, I am here for at least the next week or more... :coffee