MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Carrier Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Drill press (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16239)

George McKenzie 26-02-11 18:46

Drill press

Since I'm retired I think I have time to Patent my ideas that have been on the shelf for some time .I have a tool " using electric drills" will drill 1/4" plate in 6 seconds .It weighs 3 lbs ,10lbs with all the attactments.This tool would be great when working on the carriers as there is so many holes to make . I have the north American Patent on it and am trying to get a big tool maker to sell it as I don't have the time .This probably is not the place for this but my carrier friends are using them for their carrier restorations and find drilling the hole is the easiest part .

c dressel 02-03-11 05:12

Hi George
I would like to hear more about this drill sounds really interesting and time saving
Thanks Carl

George McKenzie 02-03-11 05:55

Drill press

I have been about 10 years developing this tool to this stage . I am very satisfide now with it .I have sold over 100 of them but as I am not a young guy I am negotiating to have a big tool Co make it and sell it . I have the Canadian and USA patent for it . It is a leaver that puts up to 200 lbs on an electric drill ,110V or cordless .It comes in a box with the press and attachments that will make it possible for you to drill any where any shape and any way you can put the drill .The press sells for $ 45 .$ 110 with all the attachments and the box .I have used the same bit without sharpening it to drill 50 holes. I have 8 other things that I want to develope to sales ,example I can load a carrier with out tracks by my self on my trailer in a few miniutes . My brother made the machine that rolled the sod like a jelly roll .That is now sold world wide .EM me for a picture

cletrac (RIP) 03-03-11 01:38

I got one of these from George a couple of years ago and can confirm that they work great.

George McKenzie 03-03-11 05:55

Drill press

Hi david .Thanks I have had several calls telling me how they like it .Since you got yours I have add a couple of attachments that you now can drill any object that you can put a 1" winch strap around to hold the press .I have a big drill press in the shop but when you are drilling away from it, this little press will make drilling metal like it's cheese .I havn't addvertised it because I wouldn't be able to fill the orders . I thought if anyone is drilling carrier armor this would make the job very easy .

Marc Montgomery 27-03-11 13:23

george, sounds great. This may be a bit off the wall, but have you thought of taking it to Dragons Den? one of them may take it off your hands for a lump sum, with an ongoing royalty payment or something. I dunno just a thought

George McKenzie 28-03-11 00:24

Drill Press

I was interviewed to go on the Dragons Den .When I told them I didn't want to make it or sell it They didn't want to do that either .I am getting a big tool Co to license it too . Brett Wilson would be the one to deal with as he owns piplines and a shop in calgary .and could see the benifit of it for drilling steel . This tool will go North American wide and I don't want to start getting involved in the selling of it as I am too busy . For instance I have a 69 Z28 COPO Camaro 3rd owner low milage car that is sitting for 8 years now .Or my 59 Cadillac convertable That I bought in 1985 and never drove it yet .I have 8 other tools that I want on the market for you guys to use as my legacy to this world .

Marc Montgomery 28-03-11 00:57

I heard Brett was leaving, so maybe he might be interested if you were able to contact him directly.
you could sell the patent outright, or sell patent with a royalty agreement, then you'd just have to go to the mailbox for the royalty cheques.

George McKenzie 28-03-11 04:30

Drill press

Thank's Marc for the encouraging words .I won't sleep tonight .I'm going to Calgary soon and hope to get to talk to him . If these presses are in a store close to you it would be easier for you to decide if you want one . I have have sold over 200 but if I advertized them I wouldn't be able to supply the market .