MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Military Shows & Events (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Abbotsford Airshow 9 Aug 2019. (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30353)

Dennis Cardy 10-08-19 00:50

Abbotsford Airshow 9 Aug 2019.

5 Attachment(s)
Nice to see local military collectors at this years Abbotsford Airshow. Today, Friday, is set-up day. So able to get good shots, without hordes of people.

Harry Moon 10-08-19 16:31

Abbotsford

Nice pictures of 15th Field FAT limber and 25pdr. My Lynx1 with the stay the hell out lid in the closed position. Worst venue we attend for climbing on flipping switchytypes. One kid was literally trying to rip off the antenna.

Harry Moon 10-08-19 16:36

Introduce yourself

I’ll be there again on Sunday. Introduce yourself.

rob love 10-08-19 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Moon (Post 262476)
Nice pictures of 15th Field FAT limber and 25pdr. My Lynx1 with the stay the hell out lid in the closed position. Worst venue we attend for climbing on flipping switchytypes. One kid was literally trying to rip off the antenna.

It is the reason I use ropes and stands at events like these. Unless I can be there full time with the vehicles, no ropes (or even ropes too close to the ground) = "climb me". There are also those who just want souvenirs.

Kids especially have the need to test every switch, every hinge, every moving or non moving object to try and discover where the breaking point is. And when they find it, the parents will just claim that YOU let them on there. Or if a kid trips and gets hurt, again, it will be your fault.

I do bring along a work platform (steps with rails on the top platform) so the kids can see inside, yet not make the mistake that it is somehow an entry point.

Nice vehicles by the way.

James P 11-08-19 02:44

Harry Moon touches on the subject of idiots climbing on or dicking around with vehicles. As much as I like attending a "military themed" event they also seem to draw the folks that think its fair game to screw around with your vehicle. Car shows seem to have a far more polite and respectful crowd and observe what I call "car show etiquette" more often then not in NOT touching the vehicle. Heck I even have people asking if they can take a picture of a vehicle, seems like a totally different mindset.

Dennis Cardy 12-08-19 00:44

Abbotsford Sunday 11 Aug. Update.

5 Attachment(s)
More vehicles arrived. Windy weather. As Rob and others have mentioned, you would never see this kind of behaviour at a car show. And certainly not expected at an airshow. These people feel free to get in and start playing with things. I watched Mr Moon gently remove a 9 year old boy, who had climbed on top of the Lynx, and started dancing on the roof cover...under the benign smile of his parents..6 feet away. As Rob says, if their little darling had fallen off and hurt himself...they would have sued the owner, in an instant..

Harry Moon 12-08-19 04:53

nice to meet you.

It was nice to meet you and put a face to a name today. Sunday was windy and miserable, actually the first time me rain and the airshow ever got there at the same time.
Actually when we are close by and observing and checking stupid behaviour its tolerable and more than made up by those that appreciate things. can't blame parents these days they can't even remind there own kids what gender they are....