MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   For Sale: Canvas products for British and Canadian wartime vehicles (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33130)

Richard Hughes 03-05-21 14:37

Canvas products for British and Canadian wartime vehicles

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All if anyone is after canvas work to be done RCH canvas does canvas for wartime and post war British and Canadian vehicles. You can mail us on Rchcanvas@yahoo.com or check out some of the vehicles we have done canvas for on our Facebook page.
Thanks,
Richard

Hanno Spoelstra 11-01-22 18:45

Hello Richard,

Do you have some pictures of your canvas products for CMP trucks?

I am especially interested in the original pattern tilt for 15-cwt trucks.

Thanks,

Bruce Parker (RIP) 11-01-22 20:25

Mud flaps for a Chev HUP if an original pattern exists.

Richard Hughes 13-01-22 22:25

CMP Canvas

5 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone apologies I havent been on the forum for a few days . We are currently working on a couple of 13 cab C15 tilts and a Cab 12 C15 tilt once complete I will post some pictures. A lot of the work we do is bespoke to customers requirements around original patterns but we can do most things if we have some measurements or a pattern.
Most recently we have done some HUP window seals.
In the mean time I attach some pictures of some of the other Canadian bits we have done.
Thanks Richard

cordenj 14-01-22 08:53

Richard has produced a set of window seals and door flaps for my HUP.
They look to be great quality, and can post some photos once I've fitted them.

He is also making a canvas for our C15a currently undergoing full restoration.

Phil Waterman 14-01-22 14:06

Take pictures

Hi Richard

If you can take photos of the process of installing the HUP window frame canvas. The process of installing will reveal a lot of details not seen from just the finished project. This will be of real help to anyone fabricating CMP window frames from scratch.

Were you fortunate enough to be working from complete but worn canvas?

Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers Phil

Richard Hughes 14-01-22 21:36

Hi Phil see above we just made the canvas for the HUP from measurements supplied by CordenJ. Thanks Richard

jeeper1 16-01-22 11:07

Canvas

Hello Richard,
I need a canvas for my 10 cwt GS trailer, send you an e-mail but no response!
Thanks kind regards Marc.

Mike Gurr 16-01-22 16:31

The 10 cwt GS trailer on Richards face book page is mine, I can confirm the canvas cover is very nicely made and the canvas is good and heavy. Best to check the measurements of your trailer as I would imagine they may vary between manufacturers. Recommend Richard highly.

Richard Hughes 16-01-22 20:12

Hi Marc Sorry no email received if you PM me your email address I will drop you a line .
Thanks Richard

jeeper1 17-01-22 09:14

Richard I‘m sending you another e-mail, thanks Marc

Hanno Spoelstra 03-07-22 19:44

2 Attachment(s)
Some pics of 15-cwt canvas posted elsewhere by Richard

Attachment 129317 Attachment 129318

Maurice Donckers 15-12-23 10:45

Anybody lately had contact with Richard Hughes?
I gave them a pattern a year ago , and can`t get in touch with them anymore.

Richard Hughes 15-12-23 20:54

Hi Maurice Just seen your message and PM'd you
Thanks Richard

Mike Kelly 16-12-23 11:50

Jeep tops

This is a warning to anybody who has original 'collectable' canvas items !

Back a long time ago (1976), Hudson Stores in Bourke St. Melbourne, had a stash of original WW2 Jeep canvas tops , the tops were in used condition.

I bought two and used one on my Jeep for a while . Went to a canvas business in Ferntree Gully , and asked if they could make a new top . "No problem" they said and they used the original as a pattern. On returning to pick up the new top I asked them: Where is the original top ? "we chucked it out in the waste bin"

The other top I had , I loaned it to a VMVC club member as a pattern. You guessed it, the top was picked apart and given back to me in pieces.

Philliphastings 16-12-23 13:23

Same

Hi Mike,

The same thing happened to my original Chev Blitz canvas parts given intonthe care of a canvas works in Wagga Wagga years ago

Cheers

Phill

Marc Montgomery 31-12-23 19:26

There was a detailed plan for CMP mudflaps in one of the CONVOY magazines.

Grant Bowker 31-12-23 21:52

Do I have your permission (as author/copyright holder) to post that page or two for public reference?