MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Wanted: Australian WW 2 camouflage netting (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11704)

Big D 14-09-08 09:50

Wanted: Australian WW 2 camouflage netting

Gidday,

I’m after some camouflage netting to go with my Australian LP2 carrier. I’m wanting something that is an authentic WW2 period net or a reproduction item of the same period.

I’ve looked at some of the Australian online retailers but am not positive about the type to look for.

Can anyone confirm the type of netting I should be looking for, for an Australian WW2 type appearance? Is a burlap type construction the right pattern?

Can anyone point me in the right direction for where I might get something?

Otherwise, has anyone got such a net they would want to sell?

Thanks.

Tony Smith 14-09-08 10:48

Darryl, Burlap or Hessian is correct, with flax/hemp ropes. If you ever get out of the Deep South, Kiwi Disposals (611 Colombo St, Christchurch 365 3381) had some there earlier this year in Green/Brown and also in all Sand. Very reasonably priced at NZ$80 for 16'x12'. If they weren't so big and heavy, I'd have bought a couple! :doh:

Big D 14-09-08 11:06

Hi Tony,

Great stuff - cheers for that. I'll give them a try. We are in Christchurch from time to time. You certainly know NZ pretty well eh?

Cheers

Darryl

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 14-09-08 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big D (Post 103328)
Hi Tony,

Great stuff - cheers for that. I'll give them a try. We are in Christchurch from time to time. You certainly know NZ pretty well eh?

Cheers

Darryl

Tony spends altogether too much time down there... we get worried about him sometimes... :D

Great price for the nets though! :thup:

Kym Loechel 15-09-08 09:33

Cammo Net

Anyone have a source in Australia for a similar request.?? Looking for one myself.. The cost from NZ would be quite a bit.. Anyone local got one.??? :)

Big D 15-09-08 10:10

Wanted: Australian WW 2 camouflage netting Reply to Thread

For your info - Kiwi Disposals don't have any at present. They did say:

We did have WWII style burlap nets in stock some time ago - they were in woodland only (greens & browns) size was approx 3mtr x 6 mtr and sold out very fast.
Have managed to locate & purchase a small number of these nets overseas, so will have some in stock in the coming weeks. They are 6mtr x 6mtr & not sure on price yet but should be around NZ$299.

I'd be interested also in seeing what there is in Australia.

Cheers.

Tony Smith 15-09-08 15:51

I have seen the same netting here in Aus in the Mitchell's chain of disposals stores, but their price is AU$180, and that's hard to cough up for when you have seen the same item for less that half that elsewhere.

But, if you have to have it..... :giveup

grant fincher 19-09-08 07:37

I bought 2 12' x 12' nets in Brisbane for $125.00 each. They are new, but the burlap type mentioned. They were ordered in by Centenary Disposals at Sumner Park. Their phone number is 07 3376 3175. I have no connection with them.
Grant Fincher

Big D 22-09-08 00:13

Thanks Grant

I'll give them a try.

Richard Coutts-Smith 27-09-08 14:36

on Ozebay

This what your after??
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WW2-AIF-Burla...742.m153.l1262
No connection
Rich

Kym Loechel 28-09-08 13:22

YEP Sure is.!!

Thanks for bringing this one to my attention.. Its now on its way to SA.. Came to an arrangement regarding delivery and did the deal.. Its a start anyway..
Thanks again for the heads up.. :note:

Richard Coutts-Smith 28-09-08 13:36

No problem, bit of a change seeing stuff go TO South Aus.
Rich

Bob Moseley (RIP) 01-10-08 15:47

West-Front

I've bought a bit of stuff from this guy. He is good and honest to deal with.

Bob

Kym Loechel 02-10-08 01:16

Great Seller..

Yep this guy is a good seller and honest to boot.. There was a mixup with the cost of postage quoted and he refunded the difference straight away.. He has another net for sale but its just the net no camo.. Pleasure doing business with blokes like him.. :salute: