MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Has any one heard (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19605)

Col Tigwell 31-12-12 14:31

Has any one heard

From Ma Yappy alias Sinclar

I sent her an email some weeks ago, it did not reject but no reply

I am hoping as is well

Anyone heard from her

Thanks

Col

Jon Skagfeld 31-12-12 19:47

Hi, Col.

Yappy and GWB parted under less than friendly conditions.

I had heard that GWB forbade any discussion of her in the MLU forum.

Notwithstanding the fact that Geoff has been gone for slightly over 2 years, I doubt that she would consider replying to this forum due to the apparently extreme animosity.

Bad new, Col...but Happy New Year anyway!

Regards

Hanno Spoelstra 01-01-13 02:54

Jon, you well know Carmen was banned by Geoff for personal reasons and she hasn't been readmitted since. But many MLU'ers stayed in touch off-forum and it seems Col is trying to get in touch with them rather than expecting an answer here.

Col, I haven't been in touch with her for a long time, I'll see what I can do. Keith may well be more up to date about her status.

Hanno

Keith Webb 01-01-13 05:55

Carman

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanno Spoelstra (Post 174029)
Jon, you well know Carmen was banned by Geoff for personal reasons and she hasn't been readmitted since. But many MLU'ers stayed in touch off-forum and it seems Col is trying to get in touch with them rather than expecting an answer here.

Col, I haven't been in touch with her for a long time, I'll see what I can do. Keith may well be more up to date about her status.

Hanno

Yes I've been in touch fairly recently, Carman has sadly been very unwell. Feel free to send me a PM.

Ken Hughes 04-01-13 02:20

I hope Carman is on the way to better health,always enjoyed her input to the forum.
Keith could you send her my regards please next time you contact her,we do miss ma yappy!

Col Tigwell 08-01-13 11:31

It is all so very sad, there has been no reply.Dare I fear the worst.

Having been through a divorce, and almost all of the joint friends we had, just faded away and in several cases I was given the hint not to contact.

Shame really one friendship went back over forty years.

The trouble is that the two partners perhaps and I say perhaps understood what were the real factors, but we never see ourselves as others do.

Karmen always came across as a kind and caring person who tried hard to carry her troubles along with her life.

Could not have been great to pack her bags and move so far away especially considering her health.

Geoff I am sure was reacting to the circumstances at the time, but now that he is gone to I hope a better place, maybe we should close ranks and put out the hand of friendship.

I do hope all is well and I am sure it would be a great comfort to her to hear from her friends again.

Regards

Col