MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Centurion Tank Manual Wanted! (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2279)

Brent Delaney 22-07-04 12:56

Centurion Tank

Hi Board,

I need a workshop and parts manual for a Centurion Tank, MK 3/5.
Copies ok.

Thanks,

Brent Delaney.

Douglas Greville 02-08-04 07:17

Cent parts manual

Mate I hope you have deep pockets if you want a photocopy. The Cent parts manual I have is huge. It is foolscap not A4.

A guesstimate to get it copied would be a couple of hundred Aussie dollars.

Douglas Greville 02-08-04 07:24

Cent workshop manual

I forgot to say that I doubt there is such a thing as a Cent workshop manual. US workshop manuals ar great. The only "workshop" manuals I have seen for armour are those produced by the engine manufacturers.

If it is like the other Pommie stuff, then it is a case of trying to run to ground all the EMEI pams. For a Cent there is probably literally thousands of them. It would not surprise me in the least if there was half a car boot load of them.

It took me years to source the EMEIs for my Ferret and even then it was an incomplete set. Those that were in the set overlapped in subject area sometimes and other times had big gaps. The numbering system appears to follow no known logic.

Good luck.

Brent Delaney 03-08-04 07:41

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for your reply,

Do you own a cent?

About to restore a friends.

May have more questions for you in near future.

Cheers Brent D.

Richard Notton 14-08-04 22:02

Re: Centurion Tank

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Brent Delaney
Hi Board,

I need a workshop and parts manual for a Centurion Tank, MK 3/5.
Copies ok.

I have one. Technical handbook Cent 1, 2 & 3. WO Code 1899 - 26/Manuals/3751. Reprinted Feb 1954.

This is a massive work some 2" (51mm) thick, weighs 7lb 6oz (3.35kg) and runs to 795 double sided pages with many pull-outs and colour diagrams (meaning 1590 pages to copy plus pull-outs).

It covers: Sect 1 - tech description. Sect 2: - 1st echelon work. Sect 3: - 2nd to 4th echelon work. Sect 4: - data summary.

It has the best ever description and line drawing of the Merritt-Brown gearbox.

Now I'm happy to take it along to the copiers but with 2.77NZD to a pound, the copy and mail costs are surely going to bring tears to your eyes.

R.

Brent Delaney 15-08-04 00:41

Hi Richard,

Thankyou for your kind offer to have the cent manual copied,
would you consider selling it outright? Name your price:eek:

Thanks

Brent Delaney.

Richard Notton 15-08-04 01:21

Quote:

Hi Richard,

Thankyou for your kind offer to have the cent manual copied,
would you consider selling it outright? Name your price:eek:

Thanks

Brent Delaney.

Brent, I wish I could but its on long-term loan to me and a favourite bed-time read I might add. (admitted anorak).

I wish too I could afford to travel to Kiwi land and have the experience of setting the idle mixture for you:

Sect 3, Chap 1, Page 533 "Reset the engine to 450 ± 10 rpm and with a brake loading of 4.5 bhp., check and synchronise slow running to give 6" of blue flame (maintaining 450 ± 10 rpm - 4.5 bhp) with engine hot, open exhaust."

What I can do, is ask the owner but don't hold your breath, I'll see him this Wednesday.

R.

Tony Smith 24-08-04 13:00

Centurion manual

Brent, you might want to look at e-bay

Brent Delaney 06-09-04 11:29

Hi Tony,

Bugger, I just got my computer back from the repair shop today, so I missed out this time round.

Thanks anyway.

Brent D.

Richard Notton 06-09-04 17:35

Quote:

Originally posted by FV623

What I can do, is ask the owner but don't hold your breath, I'll see him this Wednesday.

Nope, he wont sell I'm afraid. All I can do is copy or scan bits as you might require.

R.

Brent Delaney 07-09-04 11:13

Hi Richard,

Thanks for asking him, I will keep your offer open as I will probably need some assistance.

Take care.

Brent D.

Richard Notton 07-09-04 14:20

Quote:

Hi Richard,

Thanks for asking him, I will keep your offer open as I will probably need some assistance.

Take care.

Brent D.

No sweat, I'll do whatever is possible. Let me know.

R.