MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   TAC HQ (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wanted: members to test the new forum software (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34028)

Hanno Spoelstra 04-03-23 12:55

Wanted: members to test the new forum software

A test version of the new forum software is available. Shawn has completed a test migration using a copy of the database of the current forum.

I am looking for MLU members who want to have an in-depth look and report any problems and concerns.

Please send an e-mail if you are willing and able so I can send further instructions.

Hanno Spoelstra 05-03-23 09:10

Help wanted for testing

You don't need to be a computer wizard, we need people who use this forum regularly. Just try to do the same things like reading, posting a thread or a reply, etc. to get used to the look and feel and the additional features like the "like" button. Then let me know what you think of it.

If you want to help, you can also leave a reply on this thread and I'll make sure you can access the test forum.

Thanks in advance!

Hanno Spoelstra 05-03-23 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by m606paz (Post 287564)
Hi Hanno
Add me to check the new version.
I have time and you know I like to browse and search the forum.

Hi Mariano, thanks for your offer to help. I have added you to the moderators so you can test the new forum software.

Tony Smith 05-03-23 12:38

I'll be glad to help test run the new site software.

Give it a workout on it's new features and try all the old tricks from the current (and old!) sites to see if they still work.

Hanno Spoelstra 05-03-23 13:01

Thanks Tony! Check your PMs, please

m606paz 05-03-23 13:21

Hi Hanno! One hour ago i see the new forum. Seems to be a very good upgrade! I will working soon with check an reclaim any malfunction..

Lynn Eades 05-03-23 19:30

Hanno, I am willing, but if it's much more than "click this button" then I'll be lost.

Hanno Spoelstra 05-03-23 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn Eades (Post 291228)
Hanno, I am willing, but if it's much more than "click this button" then I'll be lost.

Lynn, thanks for your offer. Sent you a PM with the link. Just log on as usual and create a thread (now called topic), reply to a thread, search for a subject, etc.

rob love 05-03-23 21:54

I'd be happy to give it a whirl Hanno.

Bob Carriere 05-03-23 22:13

If you need more testers........

Strange thing..... this morning I was on the new site now back to the old format????

Is there a trick to get on the new format???

Looked good when I first looked at it.....

Cheers

Hanno Spoelstra 05-03-23 22:34

Rob, Bob, PM sent. Thanks

Phil Waterman 05-03-23 23:48

Quick Reply and Like Button

Hi

On Android Tablet like button is not showing, or l can't see it. Area of the screen to look?

Quick reply doesn't seem work have to larger Reply to Tread button. Maybe tablet thing.

Cheers Phil

rob love 06-03-23 03:48

Playing with the new forum, I note that it still does not send an email notice when one receives a private message. Also, as someone else mentioned, it talks about likes, but I don't see where the like button is.