MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Wanted: White Scout Car Parts (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12330)

Brett Nicholls 27-01-09 22:00

Wanted: White Scout Car Parts

Hi Everyone,
I am looking for White Scout Car Parts - in particular the wheel rims x2 and Front Differential. Thanks

Regards,
Brett Nicholls.
0407 229396

lynx42 28-01-09 01:50

G'day Brett,
May have a spare rim without the locking rim. Can take it to Corowa.
What are your engine and chassis numbers?
I run the unofficial White Scout Car Register with quite a few listed.
Regards Rick

Brett Nicholls 28-01-09 02:11

Hi Rick,
That would be great and very much appreciated :). I will be there and at this stage I will be driving a semi with a load of vehicles for different people so it will be easy to pick it up. Let me know what you want for it please so I can organise that part.
I have three White Scout cars which are on the rough side:blink:, All are ex - US Army. They still have there USA rego numbers painted on believe it or not!. One still has its Data plate fixed on the dash but the other two don't so if you can tell me where to look I will get the numbers for you to add to the Register. Thanks again.
Regards,
Brett Nicholls.

phoenix 28-01-09 03:42

Rick, do you have Greg Bedford's onn that list (I don't know what no nis is, but you can ask him at corowa if you don't have it)

lynx42 28-01-09 08:26

Thanks Richard, I have Gregs on the list. I supplied him with his transfer-case.

There were only 2 in Tassy I believe. Both were at the Military Museum which closed down about 15/20 years ago or more.

I discovered the remains of one on King Island in 1986 and brought home 69 of those hard to get armour bolts. It had been taken there post-war and used as a tow truck in Currie.

Brett, Find me 2 front hub seals for a C60S/C60L and it's yours.

The Chassis number is located on the outside vertical flat bit of the LEFT front chassis member, midway between the front shackle and the axle. The numbers are about 3/4inch high and should be about 1/2 inch below the horizontal flat return.
Regards Rick

Brett Nicholls 28-01-09 08:43

Hi Rick,
No problem I'm on the case and will have those seals for you :thup:. So far as the numbers are concerned it will be a week or two til I get back to the farm.
Do you remember if the Scout Car on King Island still had the correct differentials?. Im on the hunt for those if you know of any leads :D
Thanks again.
Regards,
Brett Nicholls.

phoenix 29-01-09 02:32

G'day Rick, I thought5 that was the case, but I thought i'd better check ;)

lynx42 29-01-09 12:05

Brett, The remains of the chassis had no front axle and an axle from some dual wheeled British WD truck fitted. Seems that it blew the rear diff years ago. What was there was very rusty.
Regards Rick

BSHEVLIN 21-02-09 07:09

i have 4 spare rims with locking rims i might be persuaded to part with for a price or trade.

Brett Nicholls 14-02-10 09:49

BTT - Still looking for complete rim + 2xlocking ring, Front Differential:blink:. I have some other front end parts/pannels to trade/swap.Thanks.
Regards,
Brett Nicholls

jeepfinger 25-02-10 22:40

Hi Rick,
Have you got Alan Chesters White Scout car on your list? Norm tells me that I sould look up up when I am at Corowa, over from the UK :thup:
Regards,
Dave Boocock

lynx42 26-02-10 21:56

G'day Dave,
Yes, I have Alan Chesters White Scout Car on the register.
Welcome to Australia, how long are you out here for?
So you will be at Corowa for the Swim-In. I won't be hard to find. Just look for my White.
Say helo to Ruby, Norm and Alan for me, please.
Rick.

jeepfinger 28-02-10 14:09

Hi Rick,
Coming out on the 3rd for 3 weeks, going to see the Chester clan after being at Corowa, but i am ringing them up today so I will say Hello from you. I will look out for you there from the Weds.
Regards, Dave

John Mackie 04-04-10 13:21

Re WSC front axle.

Hi Brett . I may be able to help you with an axle . I thought I had posted an ad before Corowa but it looks like it didnot make it . I just tried your mobile but was unable to leave a detailed message Regards John.

lynx42 04-04-10 14:02

G'day John,
Didn't know who you were until I looked at your White ScoutCar number in the Register.
Hows things up in Hilston?
Regards Rick.