MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   TAC HQ (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My computer e mail list (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16386)

Doug Lavoie 04-04-11 21:41

My computer e mail list

To the folks on this site that I have had personal e mails sent and received. Early this morning I started getting calls about me being in Spain and needing money. That is not true. My e mail list has been hijacked. I have been working with the RCMP fraud on this. I will let everyone know on a safe e-mail. I cannot access my account right now so am trying my best to get the word out you you.

I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this has and may cause you folks. I have tried to keep my system clean of any virus my best etc., but some where it did not work. What a hell of a world! I truly am sorry.

Thanks,
Doug

Dean (Ajax) 05-04-11 02:49

Yup, I got one of those messages today..knew it wasn't right so I deleted right away.

Dean

servicepub (RIP) 05-04-11 02:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Lavoie (Post 145362)
To the folks on this site that I have had personal e mails sent and received. Early this morning I started getting calls about me being in Spain and needing money. That is not true. My e mail list has been hijacked. I have been working with the RCMP fraud on this.
Thanks,
Doug

Does this mean that you are NOT going to repay me the money I wired? All kidding aside, there should be a special place in Hell for these assh*les.

Grant Bowker 05-04-11 03:53

Sorry Doug, I have to admit I hadn't yet read your mail before I saw the retraction, so it was deleted before reading.
More seriously, without knowing much about it I wonder if those who opened the fraud mail should be watching in case their address books have been scooped as well. I don't know if this is a reasonable concern or if I'm falling victim to the paranoia that floats in my work department some days.

Pete Ashby 05-04-11 11:03

Hi Doug

I got one yesterday, guessed is was not cosha and reported it to Hot Mail as a scam.

regards

Pete

Dirk Leegwater (RIP) 06-04-11 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Lavoie (Post 145362)
To the folks on this site that I have had personal e mails sent and received.
Early this morning I started getting calls about me being in Spain and needing money.

My first thought was, Doug has found a nice CMP truck or a Carrier
and need help on a hunting trip in Europa. After reading the e-mail
again, I deleted right away.

Dirk

rob love 06-04-11 16:27

Doug
After having received your email with the request for me to wire money to Madrid, and now your rebuttal that you will not be in Spain, I must ask what you have against that country? Or your statement that you do not not need money. Heck we all need money; we have this obsession with 1:1 scale models of military vehicles.

How do we know that this is really you now?

Doug Lavoie 07-04-11 01:58

Rob,
I had enough money to make a barrel nut for my smoke discharger. It cost almost as muvh as the carrier when I bought it. I was trying to qualify as a hoarder but... did not have enough stuff to make it. Take care over there.
Doug

Lynn Eades 10-04-11 09:23

Hi Doug

I was in the bush. My darling responded to your email. Of course the money tree is dying or dead, so you didnt get the money. Now I am worried because "they" have my email. We will be watching now for any signs of bad karma. Thanks for filling us in. Sorry you didnt get to Spain.

maple_leaf_eh 10-04-11 15:08

email frauds

I was on the bus looking at my messages on my mobile and got a polite letter saying I had won a couple million Euros in a lottery. It made my morning commute happier for a fraction of an instant. The truth was the return email URL wasn't in Wales or France or Netherlands, but in Hong Kong. So, besides having a big sigh and a return to reality, double checking the address was just another reminder of how foolish some people must be.

So, can I have my $50 back. I did want to help out a fellow rusty old trucker.

Phill 12-04-11 03:26

I got an e-mail too. Does this mean we get refunds? I used my last dollar thinking you had found a tank in a barn. Phil

Doug Lavoie 14-04-11 06:25

I am back up and running again with a different e mail address and a new password. I am very sorry for all the trouble that was caused by my computer issue. I thought that I had taken all the necessary precautions of not having issues with my computer. Viris checkers etc. Trying not to open the wrong e mails etc. Well now, I have lost all my info. that I had gained over a good number of years. I only hope that I can get back the good relationship of the members that I have on this site.
Doug

Lynn Eades 14-04-11 08:38

Doug

You haven't lost any thing here. As far as I'm concerned, you're the victim.

Pete Ashby 14-04-11 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Lavoie (Post 145720)
I only hope that I can get back the good relationship of the members that I have on this site.
Doug

Not an issue Doug, this sort of thing could happen to any one of us :cheers:

Somewhere in the world a 14 year old Nurd has anomalously had a laugh at your expense but caused you real angst makes my blood boil :no4: :no4:
Sorry about your loss of data but glad you are now sorted.

Regards

Pete

Mike Kelly 16-04-11 03:22

it happens

Same thing happened to a chap on the Australian series 1 Land Rover forum. We all got a email saying " I am stuck in London , my wallet has been stolen" ..please send me some cash . The poor chap had been hacked into.

MIKE