MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   For Sale: M135 Parts (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27890)

super dave 09-09-17 04:43

M135 Parts

1 Attachment(s)
I have a lot of parts to fit the M135 M211 trucks. I sold my Restored truck and have a lot of new and used parts I collected over the years many rare and hard to find parts as I don't need them anymore. Along with them is a 1954 M135 truck I purchased for parts. I got it running and I have driven it around my yard when I got it and it has been registered in Alberta in the past. So the parts and the truck are one package price of $4800.00

At the moment I would like to sell the all the parts with the truck as one lot and I am not selling individual parts at this time.

M135 Spare Parts List

NOS (New Old Stock)

1 NOS muffler and strap
1 NOS Tail pipe
1 NOS Exhaust manifold
1 NOS distributor
3 NOS steering sector shafts
1 NOS steering box housing
1 NOS winter front
3 NOS shift tower seals
1 NOS clutch pack for transmission
New points and condenser
9 NOS Hub nut lock plates
8 NOS air pack Vacuum valves
6 NOS Exhaust donuts
1 NEW oil filter
1 NOS Carb kit
2 NOS Distributor caps
1 NOS Fuel pump
3 NOS Tie rod ends
2 NOS Starter Drives
1 NOS U Joint
2 NOS Fan belts
1 NOS Drive shaft from pillow block to rear Diff
1 NOS drag Link
14 NOS Wheel cylinders 1 ¼
2 NEW 1 3/8 Wheel cylinders
10 NOS Exhaust pipe clamps
7 Engine overhaul Gasket sets
4 Transmission Overhaul gasket sets
1 NOS chassis wiring harness
1 Head gasket New
14 Litres of 10w Non Detergent oil for transmission
10 NOS Exhaust/Intake manifold gasket sets
47 NOS inner hub seals
12 NOS Outer hub seals
10 NOS pinion seals
20 NOS transfer case seals
4 NOS Inner axle seals
14 Miss NOS seals
5 NOS Torque rod seals
1 NOS Cargo Cover
2 NOS End Curtains
1 NOS Bearing Flange
1 NOS Water pump
2 NOS gas tank senders
1 NOS Gas tank pump Cartridge gasket kit
2 NOS Transmission pressure relief valves
3 NOS Rear axle shafts
2 NOS Park brake cast mounts for transfer case
1 NOS Drivers side bottom seat cushion complete
10 NOS Bow Corners
Miscellaneous parts

USED PARTS

1 Complete hot water cab heater with some spares
2 Carbs
2 Factory Air hoses to fill tires
3 West coast mirror arms
1 Air pack (looks like it was rebuilt?)
1 Wiper motor
1 Bronze gear for winch (Great Shape)
1 Fuel pump with Cartridge assembly working
1 rad hose
1 Starter, Rebuilt ?
2 Shackles
3 Exhaust manifolds with intakes (NO CRACKS)
8 Like new M135 rims
11 M211/M35 Rims with 900-20 tires mounted on them
1 Transmission to Tcase Half shaft (Drive shaft)
2 front hubs
1 LH and RH Front Inner axles
1 PTO for parts
1 Pair front shocks
2 RH and 1 LH Doors
1 Front outer windshield frame

Wayne Hingley 09-09-17 05:41

WOW, thats a good deal Dave! You are going to make someone very happy. Thats a very straight looking "parts" truck.

super dave 09-09-17 17:49

Maybe I will make 2 people happy :)

rob love 09-09-17 18:27

Agree with Wayne, a fairly clean truck in it's original non-disruptive paint. Most likely an early release from the Trudeau Sr era when he downsized the military in the early 70s. I make that judgement on the later modifications like west coast mirrors and clearance lights missing on this example.

Ed Storey 09-09-17 19:30

M135

What is the CFR and SN of this vehicle?

rob love 09-09-17 20:17

Photo shows 54-52954 on the door.

Lynn Eades 09-09-17 23:31

If it wasn't for the puddle..................

colin jones 09-09-17 23:51

I'm the same as Lynn, all that water in between is a bit of a problem. It most certainly is a great deal and I can't believe you guys over there call those trucks "spare parts" as it looks so clean and extremely restorable. They must be quite common there. Great project! :thup2:

rob love 10-09-17 02:47

They are not as common as they used to be. But you have to be a "big truck" guy to want to maintain and operate such a large vehicle. Don't forget that for 4 or 5 months of the year, working on a truck like this on the driveway is not a viable option. Transmissions are also problematic, and parts for the tranny are not plentiful. Then add to that the liter of fuel you use for every mile travelled, and the higher class of license you need to operate it on the road. Oh yeah, annual safeties unless you use an option like antique.

I had mine with it's howitzer at the downtown cruise night a couple days ago. The howitzer is the draw, the truck is just a little bit of window dressing. I had very few questions about the truck.

jdmcm 10-09-17 18:46

These trucks are some of my earliest memories which sparked a lifelong passion for all things green, as a young boy we would drive down 9th avenue in Calgary past Mewata Armoury and the M135's were lined up 3 deep in the parking lot. Coincidently this route past the Armoury was usually part of a Saturday morning pilgrimage to Crown Surplus, but that is another story. I for one am kind of glad these trucks have never really caught on with collectors leaving prices in the affordable range, and I understand styling is not part of the military design lexicon, but these trucks just have a look that in my opinion trumps all before or since...and remember "John J. Rambo" didn't drive no M35!

rob love 10-09-17 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmcm (Post 242326)
...and remember "John J. Rambo" didn't drive no M35!

That's because it was a low budget film done in Canada, and M135s were cheap. In fact, I believe some of the deuces in the film were borrowed from one of the reserve units, and there were one or two more early release deuces purchased from a logging company for the deuces that got injured.

Personally, I thought they were an ugly truck, with an unnecessary styling, but now that they are into their 60s, they kind of have a neat vintage look.

jdmcm 10-09-17 23:58

Rambo point taken!

super dave 11-09-17 07:18

Its now SOLD :)

rob love 11-09-17 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by super dave (Post 242340)
Its now SOLD :)

Anyone we know?

super dave 17-09-17 23:27

Back up for sale as the buyer backed out.

Grant Hopkins 18-09-17 00:10

Yay !! No, yes, no, yes, NOOOOOOO. I can resist anything but temptation, someone else buy it please....

super dave 17-10-17 09:19

Back up to the top

mel gabel 19-10-17 03:55

M135 truck and parts

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Is the truck sold and now the parts are for sale or is everything is still for sale as a package?

super dave 19-10-17 06:29

Not sure how you are confused as in the initial post its listed a package deal, The buyer backed out and now its still for sale as a package.

super dave 23-10-17 04:23

Package SOLD.