MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Ontario Military Vehicle Association News (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Frank Von Rosenstiel open heart surgery (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29632)

Les Fisher 08-12-18 00:24

Frank Von Rosenstiel open heart surgery

To all that know our OMVA life member Frank Von Rosenstiel. Today Frank received a new heart valve along with a double bypass . The open heart surgery went well and while he is still in the ICU he is expected to recover in good order. He is also expected to return home in a few days. All the best Frank from the members of the OMVA !
Comments for Frank when he is back on line can be left in this tread or on the OMVA Facebook page.

chris vickery 08-12-18 00:34

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Chris and Guylaine

maple_leaf_eh 08-12-18 01:03

Are those original take-off, NOS, or reproduction replacement parts? Better ask the surgeon.

Bruce Parker (RIP) 08-12-18 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh (Post 256326)
Are those original take-off, NOS, or reproduction replacement parts? Better ask the surgeon.

Knowing Frank they are NOS...

Best wishes Frank, get well soon!!

Jon Skagfeld 08-12-18 03:15

From one of the guys that knew you from 3 CanPara, get well,Boxhead!

Bob Carriere 08-12-18 04:06

All the Best Frank......

....... it will take a while to mend Frank but mend you will...... amazing how they can crack you open and wire you back together better than before.

Be patient with yourself and follow doctor's instructions, you will be amazed at your recovery.

From one who knows.

Bob C.

Jordan Baker 08-12-18 18:39

All the best Frank for a speedy recovery.

Hanno Spoelstra 08-12-18 22:39

Get well soon Frank!

Hanno

Alex van de Wetering 09-12-18 12:54

Frank,

Take care and recover soon!

Alex

Terry Witiuk 09-12-18 18:38

Frank. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Wayne Hingley 09-12-18 21:40

Frank: All the best in a full and speedy recovery.

Peter Duggan 10-12-18 19:23

Speedy recovery

Frank,

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Looking forward to my next session in the continuing education about all things related to my WS 19.

Peter

James P 12-12-18 22:27

Get well soon Frank.

Bob Carriere 13-12-18 03:10

Any update/news of Frank???

.... if all goes well he may get out soon or early next week.

Cheering for you Frank.

Brian Gough 13-12-18 22:18

Good news

I just spoke with Colleen and the good news is Frank came home today. :thup2:

Frank, keep on making a great recovery and be extra nice to the one nurse you are down to now.

Brian

rob love 13-12-18 23:07

Take her slow Frank.....now is not the time to prove yourself. Leave the heavy lifting to others for a few weeks. Best to you and good to see you home for Christmas.

Bob Carriere 13-12-18 23:17

Thanks for the update Brian

Good to hear Frank is home.....no doubt still huggin' his pillow whenever he gets up out of bed. Whatever you do....don't sneeze!!!!!

Slow and easy for a while but needs to walk around every day. Work on building up your appetite to regain your strength ..... if you did not need a transfusion, which they tend to stay away now these days, you are probably anemic and need to beef up. As you improve they will reduce your medication and recovery will be even faster.

All the best to you Frank and a big thank you for Colleen the resident nurse.

Bob C.

Lynn Eades 14-12-18 06:21

Frank, We've never met, but "All the best!" from me, down around the corner.

Sean Dunnage 14-12-18 20:00

Frank

All the best for a speedy recovery.

Frank v R 24-12-18 03:21

thanks for all the good wishes guys , at home mending , 2 of the parts are used and from my leg and the other is NOS to me, yes Bob no sneezing, coughing, burping and people that have colds don't come near me, I'm getting stronger every day and walking in the house for now, I'm almost ready to retire the pillow and the pain killers and can't wait to sleep normal again,

Marc Belanger 24-12-18 03:44

Take care

Frank.
Glad to hear you are on your feet. Take it easy. Nothing urgent.
Happy holidays.
MB

Jordan Baker 24-12-18 04:10

Glad to hear Frank that you are mending well.

Bob Carriere 24-12-18 06:46

So glad to hear....

...you are doing well....... and it will get better by the day.. You may find that your leg, where they pulled a piece of used hydraulic tubing, is slower to heal than you chest.

After two years the only thing different is twisting my upper body to drive backwards for hitching a trailer or driving my tractor backwards with the snow blower........ it just will not turn as much as before.

Take care, take your pills-s-s-s-s and stay active.

Cheers

Hanno Spoelstra 24-12-18 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank v R (Post 256704)
thanks for all the good wishes guys , at home mending , 2 of the parts are used and from my leg and the other is NOS to me, yes Bob no sneezing, coughing, burping and people that have colds don't come near me, I'm getting stronger every day and walking in the house for now, I'm almost ready to retire the pillow and the pain killers and can't wait to sleep normal again,

Frank, good to hear you are out of the hospital and at home - a good place to be at Christmas. Hope you have a Merry one and a speedy recovery into 2019!

Best regards,
Hanno