MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Auction and Classified Ad Site Heads Up (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Ford Blitz collection (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22405)

Ryan 04-08-14 12:19

Ford Blitz collection

Here are a couple of blitz trucks for sale. They are not mine. I am posting these here for a friend who is not a member. She would like to know more about them before they are sold. I believe the camo one is a ford gun tractor no.8. What does mlu think? Here is what Nicky has to say. You can reply here as she can view it or email her with the address provided.

Quote:

Hi there,

I've recently inherited some things from my Dad, who passed away a while back and was a diesel mechanic and avid collector of all things old. I'm going to be looking to sell them eventually, and was hoping to get some honest advice from people who know more than I do about a couple of his Blitz vehicles (I'm a nurse, so trucks are definitely not my area of expertise).

Firstly, I'm wondering if anyone can identify them? I think the yellow one is ex-ambulance (at least that's what I remember Dad saying about it)? The camo one remains a mystery, and unfortunately the data plates are missing.

I'm also curious as to what you would like to know about the vehicle if you were looking to buy it. I know some details - like that both trucks run, engine numbers and types, both have been well cared for and housed in sheds etc, but what else would you want to know about it? And what would you pay for it or expect the value to be?

Any advice or info you have that you think might help would be much appreciated. I can be contacted on this Email Address"

Thanks again for your help Ryan!
Nicky

Ryan 04-08-14 12:34

the pictures

4 Attachment(s)
Bloody awesome trucks in my opinion.
The camo one is just :note: :drunk:

Ganmain Tony 04-08-14 12:48

Holy heck!

How nice is that gun tractor?

It's worth more than I can part with at the moment.

Thanks for posting Ryan...

You should pounce on it I think mate.

Bob McNeill 04-08-14 12:50

collection

A great deal of thought has gone into these two, 2 front guards on rear, tool rack. looks like diesel motor in yellow camper, like cab windows and extension above doors. great job, you just couldn,t take them back to Original.

Ryan 04-08-14 13:04

I agree guys, they are perfect as they are.
I'd love to Tony but I might have your problem too.

Howard 04-08-14 14:31

Yikes

LOVE that gun tractor!
Worth far more than I can afford, too! :bang:
Here's hoping it stays in Aus, and finds it's way to a worthy collector! :cheers:
H

Lynn Eades 04-08-14 14:53

Hey Guys they are great looking trucks! They look well loved.
I'd suggest Nicky's email is removed and any contact is made indirectly through the poster.

Howard 04-08-14 15:12

Email

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn Eades (Post 198462)
...I'd suggest Nicky's email is removed and any contact is made indirectly through the poster.

Ryan, I have "hidden" the email address with a link to help prevent spam mail etc. Let me know if you would rather link the email to you rather than Nicky.
H

Keith Webb 04-08-14 21:48

Before anyone yes too excited

I think the 'No8" is a home build body, apart from the shape there's nothing to suggest No8 features in that rear body section.

The yellow one does have some vestiges of ambulance in it.

Ryan 04-08-14 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Webb (Post 198471)
I think the 'No8" is a home build body, apart from the shape there's nothing to suggest No8 features in that rear body section.

The yellow one does have some vestiges of ambulance in it.

Keith, if not a gun tractor what about a radio van?
Howard, thanks for that, she was worried about spam.

Keith Webb 04-08-14 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 198472)
Keith, if not a gun tractor what about a radio van?

Definitely not a radio van, it's a fabrication. Quite cool though in it's own way. Looks like the rear mudguards are made from CMP front mudguards (rear halves) reversed to give the full arch.

The chassis is most likely F15A.

Ryan 05-08-14 01:49

1 Attachment(s)
Nicky has uncovered some paperwork from her father that refers to the truck as a F15A. Here's another pic.

aj.lec 05-08-14 09:44

I think Keith is spot on

Not a Gun Tractor but a F15A with fabricated rear using normal front roof line with a few original items put on to give it an authentic look
He has done a nice job. Looks good

The camper looks to have used a Australian No 2 Ford ambulance body if not the whole thing before modification

As to what they are worth is anyones guess .

Did you get any photos of whats in the rear of the F15A mockup ?

Ryan 15-08-14 08:33

Hi, Andrew, no I have not seen what is in the back of the gun tractor.

An update from Nicky.
The yellow blitz has now been sold.
The gun tractor is for sale for $25,000.

Ryan 15-01-15 09:00

Nicky still has the Camo Ford Blitz for sale and it is now on gumtree.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mount...942/1067672265

blitz 15-01-15 13:12

Good luck Nicky, would love to buy it, but unfortunately I am a poor common farmer and not an Arabian oil baron.