MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Ontario Military Vehicle Association News (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Membership to OMVA (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19478)

Eric B 25-11-12 18:42

Membership to OMVA

For those of you interested the OMVA is the Ontario Military Vehicle Association. It is Canada's Largest Militay Vehicle Club.
We are affiliated to the Militay Vehicle Preservation Association (MVPA) based out of the USA.

Membership is open to anybody and includes 4 issues of CMP Magazine as well as free entry to the Winter, Summer and Fall shows.

www.omva.ca

Date___________________ Expiry Date CMP#_________
Renewal ________ New Membership______________

Name______________________________________________

Address___________________________________________ _______________

City _______________________________________
Prov./ State ________________ Postal Code_______________

Country _________________________________

Telephone (H)___________-____________-___________

e-mail_____________________________________________

Type and make of vehicle (s) ___________________________________
Year _____________

Please check if you wish NOT to have your name and information distributed to members ____ Everything ____Address only

Are you an MVPA Member? ____________________
MVPA Membership number_______________________

The preferred method of payment is in Canadian funds by personal cheque or postal money order for $30.00 mailings within Canada.
Outside Canada please use international money orders payable in Canadian funds ($35.00). Please do not send cash.
Yearly memberships will be for four (4) issues of CMP Magazine. Membership can be renewed at any of the official shows in person, or mailed to the membership coordinator.

O.M.V.A.
c/o Syd Schatzker
7 Ravencliffe Rd Thornhill Ontario Canada L3T 5N7

Thanks

Eric

Eric B 19-12-12 15:09

CMP MAGAZINE #65 in the mail this week

Hello

The OMVA's CMP Magazine issue #65 will be in the mail this week. If you received a renewal notice with #64 or earlier and have not renewed, you will not be receiving one.

Please send in your membership fees of $30.00 to continue receiving CMP.

This makes a great Christmas present as well. :)

Thanks

Eric

Bob Carriere 20-12-12 02:29

Is Pay Pal acceptable.....

Hi Eric

I missed the Acton show in October where I would have renewed my membership. Is it possible to send the $$ by Pay Pal...?

The I could ask you to send me issue # 65 so I don't fall behind.

Bob

Eric B 20-12-12 15:49

payment

Hello Bob

There is no set up for paypal at this time.

They looked at a credit card set up in the past but it was not worth the cost.

Currently only cash in person or cheque sent to the treasurer.

Thanks

Eric

Eric B 14-02-13 14:49

OMVA Membership

Hello

For those wishing to renew or join, they can do so in person at the OMVA Winter Show or via mail.

Thanks

Eric

Bob Carriere 15-02-13 04:26

He-Male renewals.....

Bonjour Eric

Will OMVA accept Pay Pal for email renewals...? I keep rubbing money on the computer screen but my emails will not accept it.....

Sent as a gift there should be no admin fees for OMVA.

Bob
..... former lazy OMVA member who has not yet renewed but is willing to....

chris vickery 15-02-13 04:50

One would think that as a group, and in the interest of members, that OUR Executive would volunteer the use of a personal Paypal account to submit funds to on behalf of the OMVA.
Surely the Treasurer would be able to take on such a responsibility.
I buy and sell regularly and use Paypal for lots of stuff.
Geez, the MVPA takes all forms of payment as do other groups.
BTW, if one were to manage to attend the OMVA show, who would they give the $$$ to??????

Eric B 05-03-13 20:58

Paypal

Paypal could be a reasonable option for payment.

However there are no plans at this stage by the current executive to have Paypal as a form of payment.

The use of a personal Paypal account to receive funds on behalf of the OMVA would not be permitted. Any organization would frown upon that proposal.

The OMVA would have to open its own Paypal account with its banking information registered with Paypal. That way funds go directly into the OMVA account.

This would not be free and there would be a fee for this, unless the person sending the funds agrees to pay the service charge. Otherwise the OMVA would have to charge extra for this service to cover the cost.

There was a membership survey conducted a couple of years ago and there was not sufficient interest to further other forms of payment other than cash in person or cheque by mail.

Credit cards were one of the options looked at but again it was not feasible due to the extra costs.

I am flattered that we are being compared to the MVPA. They can look at other forms of payment as they have a membership of 8,000.00 worldwide while we are fewer than 180 members, predominantly based in Ontario. In addition they have paid employees while we have a limited number of volunteers, basically the Executive.

As always there is a table set up at the OMVA Shows with an Executive Member on hand to receive your renewal or a new member’s fee, which are then placed into the OMVA account.

There will be an OMVA table set up at the Oshawa Museums Summer Show on the Saturday for those wishing to renew or join up in June.

The Treasurers position is now vacant and we are seeking an OMVA member to fill this position.

In addition we are still seeking a Membership Coordinator and a Web Master.

Nominations or volunteers can send me an e-mail at cmpmagazine@hotmail.com .

Thank you

Eric

chris vickery 06-03-13 01:17

What's up?

So, let me get this straight.
The Treasurer is gone, and the Membership Co-ordinator and the Web Master are absent or were never there?
I expect that the Newsletter Editor is still present, as per this post.
Rumour has it that we have a new interim VP and that the President has or is vacating his position. Please set us straight.
All evidence would suggest to the average layperson that there may be or is a problem within the Organization, or that it is simply time for a change.... :rolleyes

Eric B 06-03-13 16:37

Executive Positions

Hello Chris

Do you read CMP Magazine? :coffee or are you just stirring the pot?

If you did , you will know we asked for nominations for the Vice President, Membership Coordinator and Web Masters positions back in Sept 2012, Issue #64.

In Dec 2012, issue #65 we announced that Syd's Wife Dianne had volunteered to be Membership Coordinator. Nobody else volunteered to fill any of the other vacant positions.

In Feb 2013, issue #66 it was announced that Stan Glass had volunteered as Vice President. (This is a fact not a rumor).

The Treasurer has since stepped down, who was also filling in as web master while his wife was Membership Coordinator.

There have been no changes to the Presidents position or CMP Editor. Later this year the Presidents position will be up for nominations as per our usual rotation.

There is a reason why the same faces keep stepping in different roles time and time again within the OMVA Executive. It’s simply because they are the only ones willing to volunteer take on these roles.

Time for a change? How can the organization evolve or change without new volunteers?

We would love to have new members in the Executive positions, but they need to step up to the plate and volunteer. Until then you are stuck with the few of us who actually do more than talk.

There is a problem within the OMVA (and other organizations)... simply that a large portion of the population these days do not want to volunteer. Yet they will sit back and criticize those who do.

Rather than stir the pot from the outside, why don't you volunteer to be part of the Executive? :thup2:

Thanks

Eric

chris vickery 07-03-13 02:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric B (Post 176909)

The Treasurers position is now vacant and we are seeking an OMVA member to fill this position.

In addition we are still seeking a Membership Coordinator and a Web Master.

Nominations or volunteers can send me an e-mail at cmpmagazine@hotmail.com .

Thank you

Eric

Yes i do read CMP. Sorry I am confused. You were the one that just yesterday mentioned looking for a Membership Co-ordinator and Web master as per your quote....

Not stirring a pot, just looking for clarification.

peter simundson 09-03-13 15:03

I have to be careful here.....

..my e mails get out of hand sometimes....BUT...as Eric says it is time
for some other people to step up to the plate and take some positions.
I am the "last man standing" on the Non-profit Incorporation and am
now dealing with a lawyer to bring the Inc. up to date. This was not done in the past and presents a major hurdle.
Nevertheless it is happening.
We need a website Manager, a person to keep and update the membership
and if possible an person to look after the Bank and accounts.
The Club is lucky to have an Editor like Eric to look after the magazine and
owes him a great deal of thanks. If we could we'd pay him.
If no one wants to manage the website I'll shut it down. Eric wants to help
with this but I don't want to overload him. So if you are good at this let me know. Likewise the membership. For one guy it's not a big job. I've been
involved for 30 years with the group and at year end (I'm 70) it's time
for me to go. We need to hear from you!!!! Now.

Peter Simundson

Ewen B 07-04-13 07:59

membership

I guess I have been bad, I moved and never had a chance to renew my membership. I'll be sending my membership in this week with the address update. I'd love to volunteer, but live a little too far away! Boy, Eric gets a little testy.......some things don't change haha.

Can't wait for all this snow to start melting again...snowing again the last two days. I actually saw some black dirt for about a day in the driveway.

got to love spring!
Ewen

:no4:

peter simundson 07-04-13 14:55

Please send your renewal to---Peter Simundson, 6929 Estoril Rd.,

Mississauga, Ontario, L5N 1N2.

Thanks Peter S

lynx42 03-10-13 14:40

What has happened to www.omva.ca

I have been trying to access this site www.omva.ca and I comes up as not in existence.

Is the site still operational?

Regards Rick.

peter simundson 03-10-13 15:58

The site was taken down because it was out of date and no Club member wanted
to take over control and update it. That's all. No other reasons. The Club has paid
to register the Domain name OMVA for another two years.

Peter S

lynx42 04-10-13 00:52

Thanks Peter for that prompt reply.

I understand where you are coming from. Our local Car Club had the same problem. Fortunately for us we now have a good webmaster from within the club. Have a look if you want too. www.eghac.org

Regards Rick.