MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Tributes (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Clive Law has Passed away (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27524)

Jon Skagfeld 04-06-17 19:29

Clive Law has Passed away

It has been reported that Clive has suffered a massive stroke.

No further details available.

rob love 04-06-17 21:01

Bugger

Well that reminder of mortality sure puts a damper on an otherwise sunny day.

Fingers crossed for you Clive...hoping this works out for you.

Keith Webb 04-06-17 22:02

Clive

That's terrible news, but thanks for letting us know Jon, no doubt we'll here more soon, but I'm sure I speak for all of us in extending our best wishes to Clive for recovery.

maple_leaf_eh 04-06-17 23:23

Bad news from Sun am

Ack. The news was posted on a FB collectors' group by his son Richard. NFD

Quote:

"For anyone trying to reach my Dad he's going to be offline for the foreseeable future. He unfortunately suffered a severe stroke last night and is currently in the hospital.

Feel free to message or call me separately if you have any issues.
Rich"

Dean (Ajax) 04-06-17 23:33

I am so sorry to hear this, Clive is a great guy and always willing to help out with info

Dan Martel 05-06-17 01:45

Terrible news. He is much too young for such a thing to happen. All the best for a quick recovery.

Dan.

jdmcm 05-06-17 04:00

Our thoughts and prayers are with Clive and his family.

John

Robert Bergeron 05-06-17 05:55

Quick recovery Clive and good luck !

Brian Gough 05-06-17 07:31

Clive

I am so sorry to learn of Clive's health issues. We had a great chat last Saturday in Oshawa at the Aquino event where he was vending.

Best wishes Clive for a speedy recovery.

Brian

Stewart Loy 05-06-17 09:06

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Sad news indeed.

I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Stewart

Dave D. 05-06-17 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Skagfeld (Post 238522)
It has been reported that Clive has suffered a massive stroke.

No further details available.

Clive set me up with some of his pictures without hesitation. What a great guy!
Kick it in the butt Clive, you still have lots to teach this ol dog!

Hanno Spoelstra 05-06-17 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh (Post 238532)
Ack. The news was posted on a FB collectors' group by his son Richard. NFD

That's where I read it too. Shocked and hope he will recover soon!

Hanno

James P 05-06-17 16:05

Hoping all the best for Clive and his quick and full recovery.

Bob Carriere 06-06-17 00:24

What a shock......

....hoping for a full recovery. He is getting Canada's best medical attention at the Civic/Ottawa University Heart Institute.

Leaves me speechless!!!!!!!!

Bob C

Jordan Baker 06-06-17 01:33

All the best for a speedy recovery.

Frank v R 06-06-17 01:45

Clive

Get well soon , we had a great chat at Aquino ,

r.morrison 06-06-17 06:23

Hang In There....

Never met the man, but bought and read a lot of his publications. My thoughts are echoed by all before me and if any members who know the family could pass on thoughts and prayers, it would be greatly appreciated. Also if there is anything we could do on our end, as a group, please pass that on to the family.
You hang in there Clive :thup: Robert

maple_leaf_eh 07-06-17 00:27

At the risk of an overshare, Clive's son Richard added two days of updates. There is medical coded language in there that some readers will recognize.

Quote:

Update - 04 June 8:34 (EST)
First off my family would like to thank everyone for the amazing amount of support, prayers, and well wishes. It has definitely helped us all and will be relayed to Dad when he is in a more conscious state.
Dad was brought to the QCH and subsequently transferred to the Civic around 5:30 am. His level of responsiveness came and went until 6:30 and during this time he could occasionally speak. He had an EEG and ECG conducted which did not show abnormalities at the time. He was transferred to ICU mid afternoon where he remains stable, although equipped with a feeding tube he is breathing on his own will. He is mostly asleep with minimal responsiveness at this time. The doctors are hopeful for a recovery although warn rehab will be long. We should know more in the next two or three days.
---------
Update 06 June 5:16pm (EST)
Dad remains in a state tiptoeing consciousness and unconsciousness. He continues to breathe of his own and is not on life support. There's a fear the stroke was initiated by a heart attack or vice versa. We now know it occurred in the left hemisphere of the brain and seems to have evolved to the right side which is why he is unresponsive and in a deep sleep. The ICU doctor warned that the diagnostic is not promising but they'll keep him comfortable as much as possible.
At this time visitors are not encouraged as his BP and HR fluctuate significantly.
Again, the support everyone has offered is amazing. Thank you for all of the kind words, prayers, offers of help and food.

Rob Fast 07-06-17 01:55

Take care Clive...

and family.

Terry Witiuk 07-06-17 14:38

To Clive and family. Sincere and best wishes for full recovery.
Best Regards, Terry.

Eric B 07-06-17 20:48

Clive

Hello

Thanks for the updates.

Yes he is indeed in good hands at the Civic/Heart Institute.

Was just looking at his M38A1 the other day. It has become a reference for my rebuild.

Lets hope for a speedy recovery.

Eric

Phil Waterman 07-06-17 23:14

Get Well Soon

My best wishes to Clive and his family for a speedy recovery.

Cheers Phil

Alex van de Wetering 08-06-17 00:22

Take care, Clive! ....and take all the time needed to recover.

@ Jon. Thanks for posting this on MLU.......as I am one of the few still not on facebook

Alex

Darrell Zinck 09-06-17 22:32

Wishing you the very best and a speedy recovery, Clive

kind regards
Darrell

barriefield-brian 10-06-17 00:54

Thoughts and prayers with you. Get well soon. Brian

Dean (Ajax) 11-06-17 18:10

Clive Law has Passed away

I just read a message from Clives Son, informing all that Clive has passed away.
He will be missed

Dean Owen

Hanno Spoelstra 11-06-17 18:14

What a shock! May he rest in peace :salute:

My condolences to the family.

Hanno

maple_leaf_eh 11-06-17 18:31

1 Attachment(s)
Posted by Richard Law on FB at noon on Sunday (Ottawa):

Quote:

It's with a very heavy heart that I inform you all of my father's passing. He passed away peacefully and comfortably yesterday evening having succumbed to his stroke.

In the coming days I will relay funeral arrangements for those who wish to attend.

Thank you to everyone who offered support, well wishes, prayers, and kept him in their thoughts during this difficult week. Your support was of great help and very appreciated by the entire family.

Attachment 91358

Darrell Zinck 11-06-17 19:26

RIP Clive Law.

My deepest condolences to his Family and my pride in having known a fine man.:remember

regards
Darrell

Perry Kitson 11-06-17 19:32

My sincere condolences to Clives family. He was only too happy to help me with the importation of my Sexton while he was at FA. He will be greatly missed by his family, friends and the hobby.

Perry