MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Restoration Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Canadian Vehicle Markings: 1947 (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25372)

rob love 04-03-16 02:32

Canadian Vehicle Markings: 1947

I reached above my desk for one of the original WW2 copies of the vehicle data book, and noticed that there was another booklet taped to the back of the book. It was the 1947 version of "Vehicle Markings, Canada". Clive PB scanned it and sent me back the PDF, but I don't think I can post it on here for all to see, so I'll offer to email it to anyone that wants it. Just PM me your email address and I'll fire it off.

This particular issue stands out from the later 1950s and 60s version in that it has colour foldouts of all the command signs (prairie command, western command, etc) along with the paint codes for each. It also gives good explanations for marking such as the blue (with gold border) diamonds we see so often on the carriers. It also gives a new location for the bridge class on the carriers (lower from hull vs the right fender where it came from the factory). There is another foldout page that shows markings for all the various vehicle types.

Please feel free to share it with your friends.

Mark W. Tonner 04-03-16 12:57

Re: Canadian Vehicle Markings: 1947

PM sent. Cheers :thup2:

CWO (ret) Gilles Aubé 05-03-16 06:50

1947 marking

Rob send me a copy.
Gilles

g.aube@videotron.ca

rob love 05-03-16 13:22

At this point I have sent copies to everyone who has asked. I have to say this sure beats the old days of photocopying and mailing.

If anyone asked and did not receive theirs, check your spam boxes, and if not there PM me again.

paul53 28-03-16 15:53

Hello Rob, PM has been sent.

Thank you very Much, Paul

CWO (ret) Gilles Aubé 28-03-16 16:30

Merci beaucoup Rob.

rob love 28-03-16 17:06

I consider this as an easy and inexpensive way to share with the collector community, and is a very small way to contribute back for all the assistance I have received worldwide. I am hoping to get some other booklets scanned which I will offer to circulate. Stay tuned.

LRDG 06-08-18 18:36

Hello Rob,

I am trying to answer a question about command signs for someone and saw this post. Would it be possible to get the PDF please. I think that it might have the answer that the gentleman needs.
Thank you.
Clifford

Dan Martel 06-08-18 23:22

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LRDG (Post 252772)
I am trying to answer a question about command signs for someone and saw this post. Would it be possible to get the PDF please. I think that it might have the answer that the gentleman needs.

I have this, although the Central Command badge later added a white castle turret.

Cheers,
Dan.

Tim Bell 07-08-18 00:08

I assume this is no good for WW2 markings?

Cheers

Tim

Bruce Parker (RIP) 07-08-18 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Martel (Post 252779)
I have this, although the Central Command badge later added a castle turret.

Cheers,
Dan.

This regional command, and that regional command, and then there's 'Quebec'. From that I assume there was French/English politics even back then.

Dan Martel 07-08-18 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Bell (Post 252783)
I assume this is no good for WW2 markings?

Correct. This is exclusively for the post-war era.

Cheers,
Dan.

David Dunlop 07-08-18 06:00

Wasn’t there also a large orange circle with either a black, or yellow, capital “P” in it?

David

rob love 07-08-18 06:12

I believe those were pool vehicles during the summer militia camps. I think the manual covered that marking.

LRDG 08-08-18 00:03

Thank you Dan.
It does help .
Cheers,
Cliff

rob love 08-08-18 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRDG (Post 252772)
Hello Rob,

Thank you.
Clifford

PM me your email and I can send you a copy. Even though it's post-war, it is still a great reference.

rob love 09-08-18 01:31

Just a reminder for those wanting a copy:

Just PM me your email address and I'll fire it off.

I can't send the PDF through the private message, so include your email address in the PM.

I sent out a couple emails with it this morning and have been told by some they were not able to open it. I have this corrected now, so if you got one that did not work, PM me again.

Darrell Zinck 09-08-18 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Martel (Post 252779)
I have this, although the Central Command badge later added a white castle turret.

Cheers,
Dan.

Hi Dan

You forgot the link:

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...light=markings

:rolleyes

regards
Darrell

Dan Martel 09-08-18 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell Zinck (Post 252857)
Hi Dan

You forgot the link

Thanks Darrell. For the life of me, I don't remember from where I downloaded the image. It might have even come from an earlier post on MLU.

If you posted it originally, thank you.

Cheers,
Dan.

LRDG 10-08-18 00:54

Hello Rob,

The pdf came through okay. Thank you very much .

Regards,
Cliff