MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   TAC HQ (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thumbnails (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13233)

Barry Churcher 30-07-09 04:15

Thumbnails

Does anyone have any ideas on why I can no longer open the thumbnails? I never used to have a problem and now when I right click and hit open the thumbnail displays what I assume is some kind of script and no image. I can open the thumbnails on other sites, no problem. Could this be some kind of setting in my computer that is off?
Thanks,
Barry

zemsi 30-07-09 07:06

... which browser do you use? IE8 or Firefox 3.5? Have you installed all the updates? Or probably your antivirs/firewall blocks the pop-ups? Did you turn javascript off? Have you installed the latest Java Version 6.14?

Tony Smith 30-07-09 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry Churcher (Post 117256)
Does anyone have any ideas on why I can no longer open the thumbnails? I never used to have a problem and now when I right click and hit open the thumbnail displays ......no image.

That's a different way to how I do it, I just double left click on the image, and it opens.

I do get varying results though! Sometimes the screen goes a see through black with the new image in the centre, sometimes I get an open new window with the image. Must have something to do with how the author files their pics or chooses to attach? :confused

hrpearce 30-07-09 15:05

I'm lazy I just single LEFT click on the image and get the same results as Tony. :cheers:

cliff 30-07-09 23:16

I do the same as Tony with the same results of sometimes a black see through screen sometimes a new window. Occassionly though the see through black screen comes up but no photo appears and the screen locks up :doh:

Barry Churcher 31-07-09 02:33

Zemsi, I think my browser is just Internet Explorer. I definitely do not have Java version 6.14.
I used to be able to open the thumbnails the other ways mentioned but for me it was slower and the picture was not quite as big. In Castleton you must save any minutes you can as my speed is only 28.8 kps. :bang: The lady at the end of the road isn't very quick on the switchboard.
Thanks,
Barry

hrpearce 15-10-09 00:22

Lately I have been right clicking on the image and then clicking on open link in new window, I do this to all the images in a post or thread I want to look at then go through them one at a time. You usually grt to see a larger image and you can be looking through the first fiew while the rest are loding.

aj.lec 12-07-10 10:54

Geoff
I have noticed that when you did the last parameter change I could upload a picture and it would only take 20-30 seconds
The last couple of weeks it takes up to 3-5 minutes per photo
Has something changed ?
:salute:

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 12-07-10 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj.lec (Post 133414)
Geoff
I have noticed that when you did the last parameter change I could upload a picture and it would only take 20-30 seconds
The last couple of weeks it takes up to 3-5 minutes per photo
Has something changed ?
:salute:

Must be something on your end, Andrew... nothing has changed here in terms of performance. We'll see what happens when I cut over in a day or so.

Jif

aj.lec 13-07-10 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball (Post 133446)
Must be something on your end, Andrew... nothing has changed here in terms of performance. We'll see what happens when I cut over in a day or so.

Jif

Could be ,Just tried it on another computer.Same speed but then changed sizing parameters and that sped it up considerably .Thanks :salute: