MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   TAC HQ (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Here We Are... (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10441)

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 05-02-08 00:59

Here We Are...

Everyone, welcome to vBulletin 3.6.8! This took a hell of a lot longer than even THEY expected, but it's done. Bear with me while I get used to the new multifaceted control panel and sort out the appearance....

What I need from you is to have a look around and give me your feedback and suggestions in this thread. I will listen to all as we go along!

Enjoy, and we'll talk soon, undoubtedly.

Jif

Vets Dottir 2nd 05-02-08 01:03

Excellent ... though it sucks it took so long, but glad we're happening again!
Good work Geoff!!!

I don't "get" the plus (+) signs after some names in the who's online, seems most
have that but I don't. Don't know it's signifigance and just letting you know.

Karmen

Hanno Spoelstra 05-02-08 01:03

Geoff,

Need to get used to the new "look and feel", but I'm sure I'll feel at home again in a very short while.

Well done, was worth the wait!

Cheers,
Hanno

PPS 05-02-08 01:08

New Look

Geoff,

Sent you an e-mail a short while ago re the new look.

As I said, it will take a while to get used to the new look, but :thup: for all your hard work.

Paul.

P.S. Did I see a, sometimes thick, blue haze drifting in this direction from a westerly direction over the past couple of days :D

RHClarke 05-02-08 01:10

Thank goodness you made it back! It's tough being a MLU junkie without getting a daily "hit". Looking good - so far no major navigation problems. Thanks for the time and effort in making this wonderful resource available.

Vets Dottir 2nd 05-02-08 01:11

Another excellent note .... I got an notification for this thread and
was able to access through its link back to it in the email ... which I have NOT been able to do since forever!!! FAR OUT MAN! :D

PPS 05-02-08 01:15

Just trying the quick reply icon before I retire for the night.

Karmen, I notice your post total seems to be rising again.

Paul.

RHClarke 05-02-08 01:20

One note of interest - your calendar seems to only go up to Jan 2007...

Vets Dottir 2nd 05-02-08 01:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPS (Post 92926)
Just trying the quick reply icon before I retire for the night.

Karmen, I notice your post total seems to be rising again.

Paul.

HAhahahhhaaaaha :D I guess the new software has a higher max number :D

Keith Webb 05-02-08 01:27

Back

What a relief - and it looks quite different too!

Well done Jif! :thup2:

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 05-02-08 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Webb (Post 92929)
What a relief - and it looks quite different too!

Well done Jif! :thup2:

Thanks Keefy... I'm working on the layout & stuff as we speak - the Admin Control Panel's a hell of a lot more complicated!

Rob -- I knew you couldn't count any higher so I limited it accordingly.

:sheep:

cliff 05-02-08 01:50

welcome back Sunray

welcome back Jif. I'll let you know what I think when I've had a look around.

Cheers
Cliff :D

RHClarke 05-02-08 02:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball (Post 92930)
Rob -- I knew you couldn't count any higher so I limited it accordingly.

:sheep:

Gotcha there, Geoff. I can count up to 21 with relative ease. Another note, there seems to be a row of smilies hiding in the right hand margin of the reply to thread pane...

peter simundson 05-02-08 02:37

Wow.....

...impressive. You can now have two hours sleep before you start again.
When the site was down I strangled my Kapersky because I couldn't get access. I may now have to be nice to it. (Yeh...right!)
See you Sat. Peter S.

Alex Blair (RIP) 05-02-08 03:17

....phew...!!!!

Back and beautiful...Kinda strange but will eventually get used to it..
simpiler is gooder..
:remember :support :drunk: :cheers:

Mark W. Tonner 05-02-08 03:36

Re: New Look

Hi Geoff;

First off, Thank you for the SITREPS over the past day or so concerning the progress of the upgrade :thup:

I'll have to get used to the new look and buttons :D

Cheers

Vets Dottir 2nd 05-02-08 06:17

Anyone else getting an error page for mlu.org access link???

Vets Dottir 2nd 05-02-08 06:20

I take the last message back so ignore!!! ... I got in on it :D

Tony Smith 05-02-08 06:30

Have we lost the "Read new posts" function, or has that not yet been activated? Like the new look, but don't want to have to go into each forum to find all new posts.

Also, attaching pictures now seems to be a different, longer process, but now we can attach multiple pics to one reply. :thup:

Tony Smith 05-02-08 06:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Smith (Post 92954)
Also, attaching pictures now seems to be a different, longer process, :thup:

And also, the pictures do not appear in the post, but rather have to be opened in a new window. I like the multiple pics, but the separate window idea is a retrograde one. :doh:

Vets Dottir 2nd 05-02-08 06:54

TONY: look at the menu bar at top of page and you'll see "New Posts" ... also check out the "Quick Links" for other opstions ;)

I haven't spent much time in here yet, but will for a few hours and see whats new in here :D .......... meanwhile .... the Private Messaging area will take a bit of getting familiar with too ...

We're all confused ... just like me now :p :D

Uh oh ... I think Alex was right about no Support Our Troops icon and icons jumping around ... and there's the Wioitch now too!!! ARFGH ... maybe it just shows 'so many at a time" and last used ones "bump" most-last used ones? I dunno ....

Gonna be a long night :coffee

Vets Dottir 2nd 05-02-08 07:07

Maybe Geoff hasn't had a chance to check/do the settings for images as yet. There is TONS AND TONS of new stuff, and in an all new look too, in the Admin control panel areas and it will take some time, methinks, to find out what this forum can do and how to make it do it. We're all on a learning curve, especially Geoff methinks :eek:

I know I don't want to mess with anything until I know what it's result will be FIRST.

:cheers:

Euan McDonald 05-02-08 07:26

Roll call

Just checking in, well done Jif. The new format looks good & user friendly. :thup2: :thup2:

KarmenTesting 05-02-08 08:16

just testing ;) ...

Karmen

hrpearce 05-02-08 10:00

Great Geoff

1 Attachment(s)
Last night was HELL with no MLU :devil: great to see it back :D :thup: I am looking forward to trying out the features :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
A present for Jif :thup2:

Vets Dottir 2nd 05-02-08 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHClarke (Post 92927)
One note of interest - your calendar seems to only go up to Jan 2007...

LIAR!!! :devil:

(Geoff musta fixed it for ya :p )

Daniel Treasure 05-02-08 11:14

lookin flash Jif

1 Attachment(s)
:thup2: Well done on the new forum jif. Found a recent photo of you at work! :note:

aj.lec 05-02-08 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Smith (Post 92957)
And also, the pictures do not appear in the post, but rather have to be opened in a new window. I like the multiple pics, but the separate window idea is a retrograde one. :doh:

Congratulations jif and team the site is looking good .
Have missed the site for the last couple of days
Post times and functions seem to be a lot faster

I have noticed the same thing as tony .some pictures come up and a lot dont .The ones that dont all seem to be jpg files .I dont know if that function needs enabling to automatically bring up jpg files
Is there a time limit if you dont use the site before it kicks you off .seems to kick you off after 5 minutes if you arent using site ?

Overall great work :thup2: :thup2: :thup2:

PPS 05-02-08 11:14

I notice that the time now seems to agree with GMT. It was an hour out before.

Paul

Vets Dottir 2nd 05-02-08 13:19

Emailing other members from forum?

Hi GEOFF ... I don't see the ability to be able to allow/send other members email directly from the forum, like we could in the older forum. PM's yes. Emails NO. I looked in my user CP to find an option for that but found nothing. I don't know if that function just doesn't come with this new upgrade, or ??? Sorry if it's right in front of my eyes and I'm missing it somehow ... ?

Your head must be spinning with all the upgrade and forum work you've had to be doing on top of everything else you have on the go ;)