MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   our car (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6572)

Max Hedges 15-07-06 14:01

our car

Usually every Friday we get together with friends for dinner so we can all unwind for the week and have a relaxing drink with good friends. Last Friday we decided to do something a little different and go to a fund raising for the local football club, League that is. The nights entertainment was to be Arthur Beetson and Tommy Redonicues and an auction of memorabilla, of which we bought the first item being a Sydney City jumper framed and signed by some players, Whilst Tommy and Arthur were doing their gig, people started running to the windows to see what was happening outside, and low and behold there was a fire and upon further investigation it was our car alight. So our car which was a Toyota Landcruiser was gutted by fire under suspicious circumstances. Would you believe that in a little town like Yass a car can be torched in a full car park, that had a light shining on it.I suppose that this should have been in the Oh Bugger section, but Kathy couldn't find it. At lest it has rained,

Max

Keith Webb 15-07-06 19:32

Car

Very sorry to hear that, Max.

Hard to imagine why someone would do such a thing in Yass. Hope the perpetrator is caught and convinced not to do such a thing again.

Vets Dottir 15-07-06 19:49

Geez, that's awful Max!!!! I'm sorry to hear this and I hope they catch the idiots ass and kick it all the way to jail and that you get reimbursed or something for a replacement car. Unbelievable.

:(

Max Hedges 16-07-06 01:11

cars

You wouldn't believe it another car went up in smoke last night in Yass, it also was a 4wd.

Max

Vets Dottir 16-07-06 01:32

Great ... a serial firestarter on the loose. I hope they catch up with the so-and-so real quick.

:(

Tony Smith 16-07-06 12:37

I'd be questioning the underbidder on the Roosters Jersey! :mad:

Small towns usually have an absence of the malicious damage so familiar in the city, with bored kids usually the culprits. Is it any co-incidence that this is the last weekend of School Holidays?

phoenix 17-07-06 01:13

Wouldn't be the first time if it was just somebody targeting 4wd's either.

Howard 17-07-06 05:24

Fire

Sorry to hear about the Cruiser, Max.
I'll get Jimmy on the case & find out who it was...
Meanwhile, if you want to step UP to a Patrol give me a call.
Howard

Max Hedges 18-07-06 00:36

Morning Howard, what sort of patrol have you for us to upgrade to are they fireproof?

Max

Howard 18-07-06 01:36

Patrol

G'Day Max,
Exact model of Patrol and level of fireproof all depends on your cheque book.
"Nothing is impossible. The impossible just takes a bit longer to organise..." (Rex Holgate)

Pedr 19-07-06 19:18

What's this step up to a Patrol nonsense. That's definately a step down. Infact the only way a Patrol could be better than a Landcruiser, is if the Landcruiser was on fire......:idea: oh perhaps Howard has some leads on how your whoopie got burnt Max. .

Pedr

Drives a Landcruiser Bunderra!

Howard 20-07-06 01:07

Cruiser Vs Patrol

Truth be known Pedr. I cannot afford either.
This is where I work...
Howard

Tony Smith 20-07-06 04:10

Quote:

Originally posted by Brad Mills
My God.

Prices of cars are expensive down there! :eek:

We drive 65 year old trucks instead because they're cheaper (but not cheaper on fuel!) :D

Max Hedges 20-07-06 12:03

our car

You needn't worry we haven't lost it yet we are already on the look out for a replacement cruiser, as they are definitely the best as far as room and reliability go.

Believe it or not another car was set alight last night in someone's backyard not far from our incident.
Max

Vets Dottir 20-07-06 12:12

Re: our car

Quote:

Originally posted by Max Hedges
You needn't worry we haven't lost it yet we are already on the look out for a replacement cruiser, as they are definitely the best as far as room and reliability go.

Believe it or not another car was set alight last night in someone's backyard not far from our incident.
Max

I hope you folks get your own wheels again soon Max :cheers: ... and what a drag to be put through all of this in the first place!

Is this firestarter targetting specific people, I wonder, or just jumping on random fire-for-effect opportunities?

Karmen.

Max Hedges 20-07-06 13:39

Re: Re: our car

Quote:

Originally posted by Vets Dottir
I hope you folks get your own wheels again soon Max :cheers: ... and what a drag to be put through all of this in the first place!

Is this firestarter targetting specific people, I wonder, or just jumping on random fire-for-effect opportunities?

Karmen.

Karmen I keep telling Kathy that she will have to learn to drive one of the blitzs if she wants to go to town, surely they wouldn't burn a blitz especially a ford
Max

Vets Dottir 20-07-06 15:14

Re: Re: Re: our car

Quote:

Karmen I keep telling Kathy that she will have to learn to drive one of the blitzs if she wants to go to town, surely they wouldn't burn a blitz especially a ford
Max

One would hope not :D ... but just in case, boy have I got a deal for you ... shall I send you my big fat pontoons (my prednisone ballooned feet after just one week on the stuff) to float to town? I'm sure they can carry the whole dammed family for you, and then carry you-all and all your groceries home too ... and it's kind of hard for a firestarter to get at an airborne vehicle without a real good flamethrower or a missile of some sort. Oh, you'd also save on gas and have a smooooth ride because they'll float you. (Finally get a kicks-inflammations-butt drug so's I can actually handle being on my feet and walking some, only to walk on pontoons I can't get in my shoes ... grumble grumble :D

Straighten up and float right? Oh gawd ... these drugs make me crazier than I normally am :eek: :drunk: :dh: :eek: :salute: :fry:

Howard 21-07-06 00:17

Go the Blitz

Max take the Blitz to town. There isn't anything on them to burn.

John McGillivray 21-07-06 00:26

Re: our car

Quote:

Max

Was this another 4x4? If so maybe you are dealing with eco-terrorism. This type of thing has being going on in the US for some time, with misguided fools trying to save the planet from greenhouse warming by torching gas-guzzling SUV’s. Hummers were the target of choice in the US.

Max Hedges 21-07-06 04:41

cars

The one the other night was a car someone was working on and they light a fire underneath, so who knows what they're up to.

Karmen Max was on those tablets when he first got arthritis, be very careful if yiou need to go off them Max found it very hard to sleep and became very grumpy.

There are some people in this world that don't like Blitz's.

kathy

Vets Dottir 21-07-06 05:49

Re: cars

Quote:

Karmen Max was on those tablets when he first got arthritis, be very careful if yiou need to go off them Max found it very hard to sleep and became very grumpy.

kathy

Thanks for the warnings Kathy. They're certainly giving me a whammy in a number of ways (maybe more so because of it's high 50 mg dose on top the other 2 anti-inflammatories I'm on as well that aren't doing much, but boy does the prednisone whack out the inflammation fast but still just enough to be able to be on my feet! By time for next dose feet quickly regressing to can't walk again)... since starting am VERY HUNGRY, eating like a pig, hyper, anxiety feelings, insomnia, very fall asleep tired a couple of hours after taking my meds, and when awake hyper/tired all at once, feet swollen (not from inflamed but from prednisone water retention) and my blood pressure at Safeway today was 170/101 so doc wants to see me tomorrow morning for a little check and monitoring. It's shooting up my BP to not safe levels here. ARGH!

I've been reading from different sources all about the workings, effects, positives and negatives, of prednisone, short term, long term, and it's no drug to be trifled with, and one to avoided if at all possible, and monitored ... heavy artillery drug. Can truly perform magic and save lives when necessary, and can kill ya slow but sure. It literally saved my Mom's life many times. Hard to wean and get off it, etc. Can trigger diabetes and create osteoporosis (which I'm multiple risks for and another bone density scheduled for tomorrow etc) ... I'm VERY glad to hear that Max is not on them now and hope he can continue to avoid it.

For me, I just happen, for some unknown reason, to be in one helluva a big hard to control flare right now and it's all that's beaten down the inflammation so far ... bitter sweet pill to swallow (pun intended) and here I sit wondering how the hell I'll manage to walk to docs appointment if todays dose has worn off by then (doc said don't take one tomorrow and come see him to get checked) Can't afford taxis right now. Timing is everything, isn't it ... but if I had a little motorized CMP or Blitz wheel chair I'd whiz there in a few minutes and run down anyone I didn't like the look of, on the way, and enjoy :D (see Ma Yappy grin!)

There you have it Kathy, and everyone else, my whinges and rant s of disappointment and frustration at the moment ... soon, hopefuly a good management plan will sort it all out and things will be better ;) :bang: :D

Now, back to the topic I highjacked ...

Grumpy Karmen sends and ends (gawd, sometimes I just really say tooooooooooooooooooooooooo much eh? )

Vets Dottir 23-07-06 04:54

Re: cars

Quote:

The one the other night was a car someone was working on and they light a fire underneath, so who knows what they're up to.

There are some people in this world that don't like Blitz's.

kathy

I hope no more vehicles have gone up in smoke?

I stopped the prednisone (my decision after talking to pharmacist)... its pushing my bp way up again. Wasn't on it long enough, soundss like, to effect me too negatively to stop abruptly. rather risk that at this stage than risk prolonged hbp being driven higher while doc away for a week :eek:

Anyways, nuf said regards Yappy's health crap ... back to the car ... and the Blitz ... Kathy, have you ever got to drive the Blitz????

Karmen

Max Hedges 23-07-06 06:30

1 Attachment(s)
This is what our car used to look like

Howard 23-07-06 13:31

Cruiser

Awaiting a Patrol to recover the cruiser? (above). Funny place to konk out my '85 Laser bould make it over that hump...

gjamo 23-07-06 23:36

Replacement

Heres a good reliable replacement for the Tojo Max and its just up the track from you.

Epay number 330009873078

Max Hedges 05-08-06 03:05

the car's last moments

1 Attachment(s)
a friend gave us this photo as a keep sake

Vets Dottir 05-08-06 06:11

Wow ... wicked picture! That would really melt your Tim Tams :D

Ma Yappy.