MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Tributes (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Bill Mulholland RIP (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26382)

RHClarke 01-10-16 02:23

Bill Mulholland RIP

Has anyone down east heard any news about Bill Mulholland?

Frank v R 01-10-16 21:58

The word on Bill as of this morning is that he has lost his battle with cancer,
RIP Bill, ARTE ET MARTE

Craig S. 02-10-16 04:05

The passing of Bill Mulholland

A service for Bill will be held 04 October 16 at 14:00HRS at St. Luke's Chapel at CFB Gagetown. I spoke with Bill's wife Donna and youngest son Jeff this evening. His boys plan on using the Diamond T to carry Bill to the cemetery following the service. I visited with Bill three weeks ago and his spirit was high. We chatted about everything and he came out to look at my new to me ex-DND Jeep CJ7. Bill approved of my purchase and thought it great. I wasn't sure he'd think much of the new army Jeeps bought off the shelf. He then got us out and about the "lower forty" in his new toy Kawasaki Mule. Great afternoon and once he tired, we were done. I heard the news yesterday afternoon. RIP Bill. I will miss our conversations and your insight. Especially the green metal stuff.

RHClarke 02-10-16 04:25

Rest in peace

1 Attachment(s)
A fine man and a great soldier has left this world.

302Trooper 02-10-16 15:30

Bill Mulholland

I was sad to hear the news of Bill's passing. A true RCEME, he was a wealth of knowledge and experience. When I was posted to the Armour School and my father who was a huge military enthusiast came to visit. We dropped in at Bill's for a chat. Bill pulled out the Diamond T for my dad to see as well as his other projects on the go. My Sincere Condolences to Mike and his family.

Brian Gough 03-10-16 05:15

obituary - Bill Mulholland

Obituary for William Mulholland

http://obituaries.telegraphjournal.c...50-4560211.jpg

It is with sadness that the family of William Michael Ross “Bill” Mulholland announces his passing on Friday, September 30, 2016, at the Oromocto Public Hospital. Born in Vancouver, BC, he was the son of the late Cyril and Marion (Idler) Mulholland.

Bill is survived by his loving wife, Donna; his children, Michael Mulholland (Tamara) of Fredericton, NB, Tricia Mulholland of Burton, NB and Geoffrey Mulholland (Laurie) of Norwood, ON; a sister, Phyllis Williams of Denver, CO; four grandchildren, Jenna, Jack, David and Sean; as well as several cousins, nieces and nephews.

In addition to his parents, Bill was predeceased by a sister Ruth.

There will be no visitation. A memorial service will be held on Tuesday, October 4, 2016, at 2:00 PM at St. Luke’s Chapel at CFB Gagetown with Rev. Canon Walter Williams officiating. Interment will take place in St. John’s Cemetery following the service.

Memorial donations made to St. John’s Anglican Church, the Canadian Cancer Society or the Canadian Diabetes Association would be appreciated by the family.

Online condolences can be made at http://www.oromoctofh.com/obituaries/110284

Darrell Zinck 03-10-16 16:17

RIP Bill

Sad indeed. I was away early Sat and missed the fact he had passed until yesterday. :(

Bill was a great guy and although I only actually knew him for about 10 years, his good reputation preceded him. :)

I was very anxious when I was picked by the Armour School to go recover the Ferret from him back in 2011 but he couldn't have been better about it and subsequently helped in our further efforts. :thup:

A good soldier and a good man. R.I.P. and my condolences to the Family. :remember

regards
Darrell

Robin Craig 03-10-16 22:53

I never got to meet him, we spoke by phone for nearly an hour as I passed by on my way down east a few years ago and I was struck by how generous he was with his comments and knowledge.

A fountain of knowledge and a sad loss.

Bob Carriere 04-10-16 22:06

Sad to hear about Bill.

Had wonderful conversations with him at the barn and in NB. Always willing to share with others his expereinces and knowledge.

My condolences to his family.

He will be missed.

Bob C

James P 04-10-16 23:14

Bill certainly was a character (and I mean that in a positive and good way), a fountain of knowledge and a all round great guy. The MV restoring hobby has taken a big hit with his passing. Cancer sucks (lost my brother to it) and I hope and wish all the best for his family. Hoping that where he is now has endless MilVehs in need of restoration and he has his "covvies" and tool box at hand.

Craig S. 06-10-16 02:54

In Memory of William "Bill" Mulholland, MWO (Retired) 1947-2016

5 Attachment(s)
A great day for a fine send off for a great friend. Attached are a few pics of the procession for Bill from St. Luke’s Chapel at CFB Gagetown to St. John’s Cemetery. The chapel was filled with many friends and family in attendance. A fine eulogy was given by eldest son Mike. The Diamond T was driven by Bill's sons, Mike and Jeff. Toward the end of the service, it was noted by the Reverend, in reference to a conversation with Bill regarding internment and location. It was confirmed the wrecker was a touch too large for for the space available.

RHClarke 22-10-16 02:51

Billy

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 85973

One look at this man, and you knew he meant business. He will be missed.