MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Post-war Military Vehicles (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   LSVW trailer (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32215)

Ed Storey 06-03-22 15:26

Door Colour

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Bergeron (Post 285473)
The rear door in the brown colour used by the prior owner . Q : What colour would the original rear door of been ? Light green like the interior , darker green like the outside of the box ?

Have a look at the photos posted by Super Dave earlier in this thread, they show the proper door colour.

rob love 06-03-22 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Bergeron (Post 285473)
Q : What colour would the original rear door of been ? Light green like the interior , darker green like the outside of the box ?

The answer is in the second photo you show in post 27. You can see a portion of the door....same colour as the outside of the box.

Robert Bergeron 06-03-22 15:51

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Ed & Rob .Darker green like the outside. Q: What is that instrument / accessory plugged in a 24 V outlet ?

Ed Storey 06-03-22 16:51

ECC Configuration

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Bergeron (Post 285476)
Thank you Ed & Rob .Darker green like the outside. Q: What is that instrument / accessory plugged in a 24 V outlet ?

Which ECC configuration is your Van?

ED

Robert Bergeron 06-03-22 20:12

Office van Ed . Was never equiped with radios . No antennae holes nor mounts .

rob love 06-03-22 21:28

1 Attachment(s)
With the ECC (which will be on one of the two van body data plates) one can look up the installation kit, and see what purpose things were for. There are many office versions, and all of their kit layouts will differ.

Robert Bergeron 07-03-22 01:05

Thanks Rob . Someone in the chain of ownership of this box deemed it was a good idea to keep the data plates ….. I have prior experience with this kind of habit and i quite dislike it .

Robert Bergeron 08-03-22 02:31

2 Attachment(s)
Found the answer : Portable 24 v lamp. Found these pictures on a current advertisement in the London Ont area. This van is being represented as an ambulance . I am doubtful…

Peter Phillips 18-03-22 17:40

Looks like a very nice start to a big project! I'm sure it will be better than new when you're done with it Robert :thup2:

As for CORCAN Refurbs, I can't tell you how many units went through the system but I hauled a ton of clapped out van bodies to the Drumheller Maximum Security Penitentiary for rebuilds around 1990. What an awesome feeling driving into the main yard locked in with the inmates while they unloaded you :giveup We had to get searched big time and had tabs attached to the fuel caps so they could be locked while in there....weird :confused.
I took a tour of the shop and I can tell you without a doubt that it was probably the most kitted out facility ever made......and unbelievably clean! The inmates obviously had a lot of pride in what they did as the finished products were spot on.

Robert Bergeron 25-03-22 03:04

Thank you bery much for the nice words and the info. I am in the process of acquiring another van body to source more original parts and maybe a better setup.