MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Meet the family (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9737)

cliff 28-03-16 03:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 222416)
Greg came home for Easter, this time he had a young lady with him. Vicki took the opportunity to get a family photo then the little terrors decided to pick on their father.

But Boys tend to do that Robert but it is good to see you all smiling and enjoying it :thup:

hrpearce 06-04-16 09:42

1 Attachment(s)
Sam is finally independent, no need for me to take time off to drive him around any more. :thup2:

lynx42 06-04-16 09:49

Excellent Robert. Good Luck Sam drive sensibly and carefully and keep an eye out for those other nuts on the road.
Regards Rick

hrpearce 23-04-16 12:37

1 Attachment(s)
The Batlow Interact club were out today to load a trailer with wood for a raffle.
they also drenched a cow each and had a look at farm life.
One girl has her L's so she took the blitz for a short drive. :coffee

Private_collector 23-04-16 23:20

4 Attachment(s)
Hello Robert,

It's good to see Sam is now driving. He's a good lad, I'm sure he will be a sensible motorist.
From a parents perspective, I suppose it will take a while for the anxiety levels to subside though. If I'm honest, I still worry about Bryces safety on the roads. Not necessarily that he isn't a good driver, just can't say the same about every other twit he may encounter.

Sarai and I are in Albury now, visiting our lad. Our anxiety increased recently because he got his motorcycle licence when home with us at Christmas, and then bought a motorbike when he returned in January. I hate the damn things! When he was 6, I bought him the little yellow bike you see below, and he loved that tiny thing, so in retrospective......that probably wasn't a real smart move. I found a childs race suit at an op shop just before the Christmas we gave Bryce his bike, and my Mother altered it to fit him. He would wear it every time he rode the bike. As i said, with the gift of hindsight, all the above, really not a smart move!
Attachment 81341 Attachment 81344
I had a couple of bikes myself (see attached x2), many years ago, and I know how dangerous they can be. Hope for your sake that Sam has no interest in motorcycles!

Hope you folks are all keeping well. Give my best regards to Sam. When we see Bryce tomorrow, I'll be sure to mention Sam now has his Ls!

T

hrpearce 23-04-16 23:45

Sam already knows how to fall of a bike and cover himself in bruises.
Sam has his P's, the blitz driver is a 17 year old girl.
Say Hi to Bryce from us and enjoy your time with him.
The BSA looks like fun, I wouldn't be comfortable on the Honda.
I dreamt of touring around on a bike, unfortunately my neck no longer supports a decent helmet.

Private_collector 24-04-16 00:08

Whoops, sorry about that. I broke my spectacles Friday, immediately upon arrival in Albury, so can't really see propery to read. Knew the CMP driver wasn't Sam, but couldn't/can't see Sam's P plate. Pretty sad having to ask someone else to describe things for me. Should have done so before wrote, but didn't.

The Honda was evil! Didn't keep it long. It wanted me dead. Was not keen for it to do so, and it had to go.

hrpearce 28-05-16 02:50

1 Attachment(s)
Sam is now in Seoul at the Rotary international convention.

hrpearce 23-06-16 23:30

1 Attachment(s)
Last night the Pearce family was awarded a Paul Harris Fellowship for services to Batlow Rotary. Greg was not present unfortunately. Vicki and I were not expecting this, it was a lovely surprise.

lynx42 24-06-16 01:06

Well how good is that! Well Done to the Pearce family. The Paul Harris Fellowship award is one of the top Rotary Awards and to receive it is a really great honour. It shows how much you all have put into Rotary. Congratulations Robert, Vicky, Greg and Sam.

cliff 24-06-16 06:32

I agree, Well done to all of you, keep up the good work. :thup2:

Col Tigwell 25-06-16 04:16

It has been interesting to watch these guys grow up.

Their mature attitude is a reflection on the effort made by you and your lady.

With every best wish to you all.

Regards

Col

Howard 25-06-16 07:19

Wow

Congratulations!
It's nice when the community that you love makes the effort to recognise it's most valued. Well done.
The H's

Jan Thompson 25-06-16 11:12

Robert and family always put more than required into every organisation they belong to. We are proud to Have Robert as Vice President of KVE.

hrpearce 26-06-16 12:21

Thank you for your kind words. My reason for posting was to show how proud I am that my boys have enough community spirit to get out there to raise money and work for the benefit of the community and the world at large.
Interact for both boys and now retreract for Greg has given them a boost in self confidence. The trip to Seoul was a wonderful opportunity for Sam and opened his eyes to the world.
On the fifth of August Greg will become the president of his Roteract club in Canberra so he defiantly is not afraid to take on new challenges.
Vicki has attended nearly all the interact meetings both boys attended.
Me I just chauffeured Children to camps and financed their work.

hrpearce 03-07-16 06:50

1 Attachment(s)
Life is constantly changing, we are driving the ute and trailer to Canberra on the 16th to move Greg into Sharni's flat. Of course they will need some new furniture. :cheers:
Picture taken at the Interacts Polio Plus Ball in Batlow.

hrpearce 21-09-16 14:52

4 Attachment(s)
Today was Sam's last day of high school, attached are two photos of graduation and two of his wood project he made for us.

Keith Webb 21-09-16 23:30

Well done!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 229112)
Today was Sam's last day of high school, attached are two photos of graduation and two of his wood project he made for us.

Congratulations Sam, get job with the furniture too... now you'll be able to help your dad build an all new rear body for the C15A when it needs it!

cliff 22-09-16 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 229112)

Congrats Sam. That is really nice work on the cabinet as well :thup2:

Petr Brezina 22-09-16 09:03

These posts just makes me happy. Congrats, you have got wonderful family!

hrpearce 17-10-16 11:42

Big changes in our lives,
Greg is now engaged to Sharni,
Sam starts at Gundagai bakery the morning after his last exam,
We plan to sell up in March 2018 and move close to Batlow.

Howard 20-10-16 15:48

Wow

Big Changes.
Understatement
Good luck with it all for you and your family Robert!

hrpearce 22-10-16 06:27

Big BBQ here today, invited all the neighbours for a get together to meet the new ones and celebrate my 60th. Some of the Batlow rotary members came out and cooked so I could mix. Great day and new friendships made.

hrpearce 17-09-17 23:22

Update

1 Attachment(s)
Sam's bakery job didn't work out, now he is working at Pacific furniture in Tumut Part time and on call.
Sam turns twenty today and has been called in to work so we gave him a special dinner last night.
Greg and Sharni have decided to get married on 1st Feb 2018.
So start of 2018 is going to be busy,
wedding
sell property
move into shed
build new house
learn to relax.
:cheers:

Richard Farrant 17-09-17 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 242687)
Sam's bakery job didn't work out, now he is working at Pacific furniture in Tumut Part time and on call.
Sam turns twenty today and has been called in to work so we gave him a special dinner last night.
Greg and Sharni have decided to get married on 1st Feb 2018.
So start of 2018 is going to be busy,
wedding
sell property
move into shed
build new house
learn to relax.
:cheers:

Hi Robert,
Happy Birthday to Sam and congratulations to Greg on his forthcoming marriage.
I saw your earthmoving pictures, a wonderful bit of country to look out on, and a lot of work ahead of you I guess.
best regards,
Richard

hrpearce 02-02-18 11:31

wedding

1 Attachment(s)
We now have a Daughter in law.
Sharni and Greg were married yesterday at 14:30.

lynx42 02-02-18 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 247347)

Congratulations Sharni and Greg, We hope your life together is filled with the best of everything. R'n'J.

Keith Webb 02-02-18 20:42

Congratulations!

Congratulations Greg and Sharni!

And you must be proud parents Rob and Vicki, great times ahead for you all.

cliff 02-02-18 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 247347)

Congrats to the new couple. May they live together happily for the rest of their lives. :thup2:

Howard 09-02-18 12:37

Wedding

Congratulations Sharni and Greg,
and of course to both families.