MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Carrier Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Poppy Day Collection (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17536)

Nigel Watson 14-11-11 23:01

Poppy Day Collection

2 Attachment(s)
Collected for Poppy Day on Sunday at local Tesco store. Had a great drive down there in the carrier, going well. Only about 4 miles, wished it was longer! Folk generous which was good to see, all ages too.

Nigel

RichardT10829 14-11-11 23:04

very very sexy carrier there Nigel... looking great..cant wait to get mine sorted...did you get any smarmy remarks about the parent and child parking bay :D

Nigel Watson 14-11-11 23:15

Remarks

I was ready for them but no didn't get any. I thought that if mums could park their cars in the spaces with a child seat in their car but no child in it, I could park the carrier there with a bicycle and no child on it!! :¬)

Hope yours is coming along ok.

Nigel

Jordan Baker 15-11-11 04:57

Nigel, looks great but as for your 4 mile route? You should have taken the "other" way thats at least 2 times longer. Im sure checking a map you could find many alternates..... :thup2:

andrew honychurch 15-11-11 06:10

it does look superb. Just right, I was thinking of taking my Dingo out to do the same but was worried about getting permission to park in my local town. Maybe next year I will do the local Tesco as well. Well done.

lynx42 16-11-11 12:04

1 Attachment(s)
Whilst not in carriers, my mate Dave, and I went to Bunnings in Bairnsdale on the 5th Nov. to sell poppys in the morning. Dave brought his 1943 Chevy 1 1/2 tonner 'Yankee Joe' and I took the 1940 LRPG WA Chev.

We assisted in the sale of a lot of Poppys and will do it again next year. It was a well regarded outing which pleased many people. The number of poppy sales was certainly up on last year as a result of our presence.

Regards Rick.

Jon Skagfeld 16-11-11 16:50

What a great idea for poppy collection!

I'm going to chat it up around town and sound out any opinions for next year. (We still have some far-left nutbars who are "anti-war").

The above idea will be subject to the variable near-winter weather conditions out in this colony. :D

kevin powles 06-12-11 19:44

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, Here is 'little Sasha' at the wheel, at the poopy day launch in Lowestoft this year.

'let him assist in your restoration at your peril!'

kevin.

shaun 06-12-11 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin powles (Post 156884)
Hi, Here is 'little Sasha' at the wheel, at the poopy day launch in Lowestoft this year.

'let him assist in your restoration at your peril!'

kevin.

the little lad is a dab shot with a water pistol as well !!! beware !!

Nigel Watson 06-12-11 21:24

I like it!

Wow Rick I really like your Chevy, I want one!! There is no doubt that taking a vehicle on Poppy Day really helps collect money as folk are drawn to the vehicles and almost are rewarding your effort by buying poppies, which is great.You also meet loads of folk you wouldn't otherwise have met.
Nigel
Quote:

Originally Posted by lynx42 (Post 156002)
Whilst not in carriers, my mate Dave, and I went to Bunnings in Bairnsdale on the 5th Nov. to sell poppys in the morning. Dave brought his 1943 Chevy 1 1/2 tonner 'Yankee Joe' and I took the 1940 LRPG WA Chev.

We assisted in the sale of a lot of Poppys and will do it again next year. It was a well regarded outing which pleased many people. The number of poppy sales was certainly up on last year as a result of our presence.

Regards Rick.

Nigel Watson 06-12-11 21:25

I like it!

Wow Rick I really like your Chevy, I want one!! There is no doubt that taking a vehicle on Poppy Day really helps collect money as folk are drawn to the vehicles and almost are rewarding your effort by buying poppies, which is great.You also meet loads of folk you wouldn't otherwise have met.
Nigel

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynx42 (Post 156002)

Regards Rick.