MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Wanted: Fire extinguisher (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18743)

peter simundson 04-07-12 03:43

Fire extinguisher

One of those red fire extinguishers and mount for installation on a
1970 jeep. Not important if it works. Display only.

Peter Simundson

Tom Clark 04-10-21 03:22

Red Fire Extinguisher

Peter I have a number of them complete with mounting bracket. PM me if your still in need

Robin Craig 04-10-21 04:21

I have the extinguisher and can source the mount also

Michael R. 04-10-21 06:33

at a little more than nine years after the add was posted ... such optimism should be rewarded !

rob love 04-10-21 13:17

They are called necro-threads...back from the dead.

Bruce Parker (RIP) 04-10-21 14:22

I haven't heard anything from Peter in some time. I hope he's OK.

Hanno Spoelstra 04-10-21 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Parker (Post 282339)
I haven't heard anything from Peter in some time. I hope he's OK.

FYI was active on here very recently

Hanno Spoelstra 04-10-21 18:33

necro-threads?!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob love (Post 282338)
They are called necro-threads...back from the dead.

I know about ThreadJacker - this one is new to me :D

Bruce Parker (RIP) 04-10-21 19:15

A necro 'wanted' thread brought back to life drifts off topic to internet posting jargon...I feel the nefarious Threadjacker at work here...

peter simundson 04-10-21 19:18

Hmmmmmmm

Thank you Tom Clark, Robin and Ross. I have no idea how or why this thread was posted. I have been having Bell e mail problems lately.

Bruce...Thanks for your kind thoughts. I had a serious run-in with cancer last year and had my nose removed and rebuit with parts from my ear which he also removed. The s(t)urgeon had to do the removals twice because he missed something. They don't use anastetic so you get about 30 injections in the face and nose from three needles.
WOW..That was not fun. After that I had thirty days in a row of radiation n the face. After all that I now have half a nose. In addition I have completely lost my sense of taste. And we all know it will come back.

Adventures in life.

Peter Simundson

rob love 04-10-21 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanno Spoelstra (Post 282345)
I know about ThreadJacker - this one is new to me :D

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...rm=necrothread

Hanno Spoelstra 04-10-21 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob love (Post 282351)

I like this explanation: “Positively: a threaded conversation that had retained its usefulness so long that new comments are still being added years later.”

We have many of those threads here on MLU Forum.

Hanno Spoelstra 04-10-21 21:00

Re: hmmmmm

Hello Peter,

Sorry to hear you are going through a very rough patch. Here’s hoping our hobby can distract somewhat to help you to make the most of it.

Good luck!

Lynn Eades 05-10-21 03:45

Also sorry to hear this Peter. Here's me thinking a PCR test was terrible.
I hope you get a better run from here on.

r.morrison 05-10-21 04:39

Hi Peter: There are days when I think my health problems are a bugger and then I read yours....OUCH! Hang in there and just remember the famous words of my late mother...."Bobby, what ever you do, don't get old...it's a bitch!"
Robert in Vancouver :cheers:

Lynn Eades 05-10-21 06:05

So far Robert, it appears better than the other option. :drunk:

rob love 05-10-21 06:24

It is said that nobody leaves this earth alive. Well they are wrong. Astronauts do it all the time.

Is it too late to join the space program?

Peter: Very sorry to hear about your difficulties. Hoping it all comes together for you, and you can get back to enjoying life.

Lynn Eades 05-10-21 07:02

What we are seeking Rob, is a "get out of jail (goal) free" card. I've checked Epay. There's nothin'! :giveup

Rob, there are more opportunities to be Major Tom, but I doubt selling you collection would cover it?