MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Military Shows & Events (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   War & Peace 2007 (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7827)

Richard Farrant 09-01-07 00:12

War & Peace 2007

For anyone who is interested, there is a new website opened today, for War and Peace Show, Beltring ;

www.warandpeaceshow.com

It now has free classified advertising on there.

pkitson 22-03-07 02:12

I may be in England during the War & Peace show and was wondering which 2 days would be the best to attend.

Perry

Richard Farrant 22-03-07 02:16

Quote:

Originally posted by pkitson
I may be in England during the War & Peace show and was wondering which 2 days would be the best to attend.

Perry

I would definitely say Friday and Saturday.

Rolf S. Ask 31-03-07 16:37

Who??

Who is going?
And where to see you all?

I'll be there, if everythings goes OK, at monday 16. July.
The ferry arrives at Newcastle up on Tyne sunday evening.
Anyone else going down the A1?

I am in a group, but they want to make a few days of holliday out of it. I want to go stright to Beltring to be able to get as much photos as possible for the magazine, perhaps a small detour to any museum...

Ten Years since I was there, and boy who I am looking forward to this once more!

I was planning to bring some MCC parts over, but the ferry is very expensive with a trailer behind the jeep, so I have to go without. Some minor parts I will bring to some who has alredy ordered.

BTW: I have got alle the MCC parts home, and do hope I have them sorted out propperly in the next days. Then all of you who have mailed me, will receeve a mail with what I have got for you.

Chers from sunny Norway

Rolf

Barry Churcher 11-05-07 03:01

Who is going?
And where to see you all?

Further to the quote from Rolf above, who is going? Brian Gough and I will be going to Holland and travelling to Beltring with Dirk and Stefan. I think Dirk said we leave Holland on Wednesday and arrive Thursday. This is only a suggestion but we could use Dirk's stall as a meeting place. He can fill us in on the space numbers, unless someone else have a better spot. It will sure be nice to be in Europe again and especially at Beltring. I hope to see many MLU faces.

Perry, do you know if you will be going?

Barry

All of the above is contingent on us arriving safely in Schipol as we fly out of Toronto on Friday the 13th. :confused

pkitson 15-05-07 02:36

Hello Barry,

I am not sure if I will be going to the War and Peace Show yet. My son is going to RMC in Kingston this fall and does not yet know the timings for his IAP training this summer. When we have confirmed times, I will see what I can get away for.

Perry

Dirk Leegwater (RIP) 18-05-07 09:26

Quote:

Originally posted by Barry Churcher
Who is going? And where to see you all?

All of the above is contingent on us arriving safely in
Schiphol as we fly out of Toronto on Friday the 13th. :confused

Hi Barry,

For you and Brian hopefully also a safely visit to the beach !
We found some "German" handgrenades and other explosive
garbage on the beach, last week. Yesterday some trouble with
the loader, the starter was broken. The thirth picture is from last
night, sorting CMP brake linings. For me a supprise, I found the
right linings for the C8A HUP, front and rear axle.
About Beltring, we have booked the "Norfolk Ferry" from Dunkerque
to Dover. Arriving in Belring, Wednesday July 18 in the afternoon.

Mvg. Dirk

http://212.79.246.244/5800/home.nsf/Camp1.jpg

http://212.79.246.244/5800/home.nsf/Camp2.jpg

http://212.79.246.244/5800/home.nsf/Camp3.jpg

carrierbarry 19-05-07 08:48

W & P 07

I will be attending with my MKII carrier and I belive Nigel is intending to bring his down. There will also be two from the East of England.
Anybody else going?

Barry

Dirk Leegwater (RIP) 08-06-07 10:21

Beltring 2007

Six weeks to go, our LwD stall has the same nice spot and location number as last year, A-105.

Mvg. Dirk
www.lwdparts.com

http://212.79.246.244/5800/home.nsf/Beltring07.jpg

Al Nickolson 13-06-07 05:13

War & Peace 2007

Hi,

Add two Canadians to the list.

Lance Skinner, Sylvan Lake, Alberta.
Al Nickolson, Red Deer, Alberta.

Regards, Al

Alex van de Wetering 21-06-07 11:00

I will be at Beltring for the first time. I am hoping to meet some of you guys there. I will be joining Nigel Watson in the 1942 Tobruk group most of the time.

Alex

rampant rivet 26-06-07 21:55

war and peace

The Rivet will be there !!
I will arrive Thursday and hope to meet up with some of you guys :cheers:

RR. :drunk:

Alex van de Wetering 27-06-07 12:20

Is anyone bringing a CMP C60X workshop?

Alex

rampant rivet 28-06-07 21:18

meet up

Why don't we all try to meet up at Dirk's stall, say on Friday lunchtime around 1pm ???
It'll be good to put faces to names and meet up with ya all, what d'ya reckon ???

RR.

Rolf S. Ask 28-06-07 21:25

A good idea!
But do you really think Dirk takes the chanse having us all hanging arround? :-)

Well I will be there, so if Dirk do not case a Norwegian of, you'll see my face...

Rolf

chris vickery 29-06-07 16:21

For those fellow MLUers from overseas that will be at Beltring...

Brian Gough and Barry Churcher are coming over and will have MLU stickers onhand for those of you that may wish to purchase same for the benefit of Maple Leaf Up. They will be available at Dirk Leegwaters stall.

Many thanks

martineaton 08-07-07 00:20

Beltring

Hi Barry

I'm coming to beltring to see you and Brian as it is now six years since me and sally were in canada with you both.
really looking forward to it.

martineaton 08-07-07 00:21

beltring

Rolf it would also be great to meet you at Beltring this year.

Rolf S. Ask 08-07-07 00:39

Martin et all

It would be great to me ya all...

I'll be looking for the maple leaf up flag... well if there is such a flag at Beltring..
If not, try to find me among the other Norwegians. I am driving the jeep with the ugliest basket at the rear.
PS: It is supposed to be so, so don't laugh. It is a real fieldmod..
And a flag showing our Norwegian clubs logo will also be on the jeep. You know what I am talking abouth when you sign in at Beltring.

Rolf

Richard Farrant 08-07-07 01:14

"Year of the......." DVD

To all those attending Beltring;

I will have a selection of Keith Webb's DVD's from Corowa with me,
Year of the Blitz (CMP)
Year of the Armoured Car
Year of the Carrier
Year of the Studebaker

I can be found in America Field, look for a CAT D7 and I will be in the same camp with a Bedford QL.

PM me for my mobile number if neccesary.

Wyvern rider 08-07-07 19:22

I will be coming down for the day of Friday, my buddy will be there all week with his T16, I think he is camping in the Americas field.T16 has a white diamond stenciled on the side.

Regards

Mike

fc101daz 09-07-07 23:08

Hi All
I will be there,arriving Wednesday morning with my 101Land Rover(haven't even started C30!!!) and a long Chevy "Wanted" list!! Would be great to meet some people and see some restored CMP's.
Martin,are you taking your Wire3? It would be a great chance for us to meet up and me take loads of photos of your truck.Can PM you my mobile number or you could let me know how to find you.
Look forward to seeing some of you hopefully.
Daren

Barry Churcher 10-07-07 04:30

Hi Martin
It will be good to see you again. Brian sent me a photo of your "NEW" house. :D The only thing in Canada that is 300 years old is the dirt. Janet really likes the thatch roof although I don't think it would stand up well here with a meter of snow on it.
See you at Beltring. :cheers:
Cheers,
Barry

martineaton 11-07-07 00:31

Hi Barry,

If we had a meter of snow here i would be shocked! 50mm brings the whole place to a standstill.
Sounds Like Janet is ready to move to a thatched house.
You will have to come and visit us for a holiday some day.

I will see you next week!

Darren I'm not bringing any of my trucks to beltring this year but it would be great to meet up, and yes PM me your Mobile.

Rlangham 14-07-07 23:27

I'll be there with my re-enactment group 'The Tommy Atkins Society', we portray the Leicestershire Regiment in NW Europe 1944-45, be there all week from Tuesday till the end of the shower and looking forward to seeing some British & Commonwealth vehicles, especially CMP's, most of the shows we do it's mostly US stuff.

Is anyone here going on the 'Wheels of Victory' road run on Wednesday?

http://www.warandpeaceshow.co.uk/ind...d=625&Itemid=0

Don't have a vehicle, but if anyone has a spare seat i'd be more than happy to fill it!

Dirk Leegwater (RIP) 18-07-07 09:09

Barry C

We are just getting ready to leave for the Ferry at Dunkirk. Brian Gough and I spent yesterday afternoon and evening helping Dirk and Stefan load 2 vans of parts. Dirk rented an extra one for all the stuff he wants to take. It's a Peugot so who knows if it will make it or not. :confused As many times as I have visited here I am continually amazed at the amount of stock Dirk has. It is a big decision deciding what guys want to buy and how much of that item to take. Hopefully the weather is decent and we get to meet lots of MLU Forum members.
Barry on Dirk's computer

Les Freathy 20-07-07 21:54

1 Attachment(s)
As i put this together the War and Piece show is still on going, i went yesterday 19th and glad i did as the heavens opened up to day the local TV showed some of the water logged tracks sadly i have seen this before and some entrants get fed up and make moves to leave it always seems to happen just before the weekend when most people visit. I thought i would put a few photos up for you guys that could not make it to the show these first are off the digital camera i took most on the 35mm this year and these are away for printing as i write so will post some more when i have them. It was a big show this year with a extra field for the vehicles to park this alone must have had 200 in it, as usual i did not get to see everything as its impossible on a one day visit and i missed a Mack LMSW recovery over from Holland said to be original. I did get to see Nigel Watson and purchased his carrier book, if its your scene get it he has not left anything out a great reference book so role on the next two parts
enjoy the photos
cheers
Les

Les Freathy 20-07-07 21:55

1 Attachment(s)
Morris 15cwt 4x4

Les Freathy 20-07-07 21:56

1 Attachment(s)
Humber 8cwt and probably the cleanest jeep on the site

Les Freathy 20-07-07 22:02

1 Attachment(s)
some of the heavies, as we stood at this point the entrance to the America field we were swamped by all the recovery and heavy trucks returing from the arena. They have a set of traffic lights set up here as the bridge and entrance are narrow and it is behind me as i stand, in front is a cross road so you can imagine the scene as this lot try to move. The DT was to the right of my position the Magirus waiting to cross the bridge towing a Man 6x6