MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Garry Shipton - Urgent Message (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4925)

Mark W. Tonner 13-11-05 03:15

Garry Shipton - Urgent Message

Garry;

Guess what ..... I came face to face with MA :yappy: today, and would you believe, she forgot to bring her frying pan.......:D.

Oh well, she couldn't have reached that high anyways....... :p

Cheers :)

Art Johnson 13-11-05 03:41

tread lightly

Mark, Ma says she has a wee bit of Scottish Blood in her, one of the favourite targets for the Scots was the knees. After that it would be a simple matter to administer the Frying Pan to the heed.

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 13-11-05 03:53

Never mind all that silliness... I had to watch her like a hawk, else she'd have gone home with a couple of the old guys*... they took quite a shine to her (obviously not knowing who they were dealing with).

*I was worried about them, not her. :D

Mark W. Tonner 13-11-05 05:02

Quote:

Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball

*I was worried about them, not her. :D

I was actually worried about what MA and Rupert were up to over in the corner....... :eek: ......... :D

Vets Dottir 13-11-05 05:11

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
I was actually worried about what MA and Rupert were up to over in the corner....... :eek: ......... :D
Geez ... me wee bittie self was hopin' that no-one noticed Master Rupert and me wee bittie selfs privte moments :o

Vets Dottir 13-11-05 05:20

Re: tread lightly

Quote:

Originally posted by Art Johnson
Mark, Ma says she has a wee bit of Scottish Blood in her, one of the favourite targets for the Scots was the knees. After that it would be a simple matter to administer the Frying Pan to the heed.
Me wee self thanks yore bigger self Sir Art ... me wee bittie grey cells must have died and or shrunk some more as it had not yet occurred to me to get the knees to get to the heed ... :fry:

Thank you :teach:

NOTE TO SELF: learn battle cries in Gaelic and plan frying pans, knee, and heeds, for percussions ...

Garry Shipton (RIP) 13-11-05 17:32

Hey Mark !

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
Garry;

Guess what ..... I came face to face with MA :yappy: today, and would you believe, she forgot to bring her frying pan.......:D.

Oh well, she couldn't have reached that high anyways....... :p

Cheers :)

Bet you were wereing combat helmet,kevlar bullet proof chest protector,and last but not least,hockey shin pads to protect the knees.At least that's what I'd be wearing coming face to face with MA Yapster !!:salute:

Mark W. Tonner 13-11-05 18:02

Re: Hey Mark !

Quote:

Originally posted by Garry Shipton
Bet you were wereing combat helmet,kevlar bullet proof chest protector,and last but not least,hockey shin pads to protect the knees.
No, actually I was wearing my blazer and medals...... must have been the sun's reflection from them that blinded her....... :D, besides, I had my bodyguard with me who also wore combat boots for twenty-one years and trust me, you don't want to mess with a five-foot female of the other official language when she attacks ......:eek: ........ :)

Jon Skagfeld 14-11-05 00:31

Re: tread lightly

Quote:

Originally posted by Art Johnson
"Heed"?, "Heed"?...Do you no ken "heid"?...Sassenach!

How did we miss you during the Clearances?

Hadrian's Wall was built for a purpose, ye ken.

Garry Shipton (RIP) 14-11-05 00:46

Yes Jon but !!

Being a wee lassie,her ancestor with her frying pan probably found a wee hole in Hadrian's wall and crawled through brefore escaping to Norway or Sweden or whatever,intermarried,and look what we got "The Wee Ma Yappy":fry:

John McGillivray 14-11-05 23:35

Disclaimer!

No frying pans were actually dented during the making of this thread.

Vets Dottir 15-11-05 02:45

Re: Disclaimer!

Quote:

Originally posted by John McGillivray
No frying pans were actually dented during the making of this thread.
Not yet ... but there's still hope :p

Ma :yappy: :fry:

Art Johnson 15-11-05 21:56

re heid

Jon, I could plead a typo but I guess it was the Scouse part of my heritage that made the error. My mother was born in Rutherglen, my wife in Dundee, my daughter in law in Dunbarton, you would think I would know better by now.
I have awarded myself 16 lashes (you know where) with a wet noodle I hope that is sufficient punishment for my missdeed.
I avoided the clearances by being a sneaky bugger, still am my wife tells me and Hadrian's Wall was built to keep the Scots out of England not the English out of Scotland and it didn't work either way.